does not sound good for the tigers!

Antec
03-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Where is this game being played at?

zebrablue2
03-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Antec

in the cy-fair school dist. area!!! i believe.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Antec

Huntsville SHSU. Late 4th Athens 81 Sealy 56

zebrablue2
03-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Huntsville SHSU. Late 4th Athens 81 Sealy 56

good season tigers!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Athens 82 Sealy 64 final.

zebrablue2
03-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the updates FBB!!! Goodnight to you sir!!!

sTxforlife
03-05-2011, 06:10 PM
This game was just a display of a pathetic job of officiating by the officials. The game was called extremely one sided. Most of athens's inbounds passes were caught out of bounds and not called, they also threw a couple of punches while fighting for the ball. Congrats to the Tigers on a great season and its a shame it had to end this way!

poisoned10
03-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by sTxforlife
This game was just a display of a pathetic job of officiating by the officials. The game was called extremely one sided. Most of athens's inbounds passes were caught out of bounds and not called, they also threw a couple of punches while fighting for the ball. Congrats to the Tigers on a great season and its a shame it had to end this way!

:doh:

jason
03-05-2011, 07:04 PM
This game was just a display of a pathetic job of officiating by the officials. The game was called extremely one sided. Most of athens's inbounds passes were caught out of bounds and not called, they also threw a couple of punches while fighting for the ball. Congrats to the Tigers on a great season and its a shame it had to end this way! lol....refs cant swing a game 18 points...that's like getting beat by 5 touchdowns and saying they only won because they held on every play....

sTxforlife
03-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Were u at the game??? If u were u would know that the fouls were about 30 somethin to 12 or 13 in against sealy. Now tell me that doesnt make a huge difference in a game when our kids cant go up for a rebound without a foul being called on them, but they can hang on our player trying to shoot and the refs call that clean!

Johnny Utah
03-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Great season for Sealy. Making the Regional Tourney in Region 3 was legit. STX for Life....give me a break!!

mwynn05
03-06-2011, 12:43 PM
STX is an idiot.... you got beat period

coach
03-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Were u at the game??? If u were u would know that the fouls were about 30 somethin to 12 or 13 in against sealy. Now tell me that doesnt make a huge difference in a game when our kids cant go up for a rebound without a foul being called on them, but they can hang on our player trying to shoot and the refs call that clean!

lol entertaining post

eagles_victory
03-06-2011, 07:04 PM
How many points did the refs score for Athens? You act like the zebras were dropping 3's.

TigerPride12
03-06-2011, 09:53 PM
sTxforlife is correct and incorrect, granted the Tigers did not play there best basketball against Athens, there were to many turnovers and they were not getting back on defense and allowing easy layups and wide open jump shots. However Sealy's best player had 3 fouls in a matter of minutes into the game. One was bogus because all he did was do a spin move on the block and he got the player control foul. That changed the whole game because Sealy's post game revolves around him. He is also a threat down low on defense so that forced others to try to fill his shoes. On several occasions the Athens players would step over the line when throwing the ball in and nothing was called. You would think that for Regionals you would have top notch refs but that wasnt evident friday night. Too late now but i thought i would just give my imput. Great Season Tigers!!! I have nothing against what anyone is saying on here, just stating facts.

Reds fan
03-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Was not there so no comment on the officials. TigerPride12 made the reference to Sealy's best player getting 3 early fouls thus having a big influence on the game. This sounds like a coaching strategy that worked well. Athens coach had to figure a game plan to minimize the impact of Sealy's best player and it apparently worked.

Either way, congrats to the Sealy boys on a deep playoff run!

44INAROW
03-07-2011, 11:17 AM

You have got to be kidding??? Has Sealy ever just LOST a game without it being someone else's fault??? :doh: :hand:

Congrats to the Tigers on a great season :clap:

957tiger
03-07-2011, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reds fan
" This sounds like a coaching strategy that worked well. Athens coach had to figure a game plan to minimize the impact of Sealy's best player and it apparently worked".

]

Your observation on coaching strategy is dead on. Early in the week the Athens Daily Review reported that Coach Carter felt that if they "contained" Seals-Jones they could win. And they did contain him and they did win. As with all sporting events the officials do play an important role in the game. There were two fouls called where Seals-Jones was not even a factor. Another call against a phantom Sealy player who was sitting on the bench, and not even involved in the game at the time. Some questionable calls, while football style power running was allowed. Anytime there is a big difference in penalties it gets to be an emotional issue in this case it was 4-1 against Sealy . When you have a pressing defense, you usually are fouling at some point during the attack. That is part of an in your face defense. They had it, we didn't.

In this game the Tigers were out-played, period. I do think that Navasota was a more polished team than Athens, but when it mattered the Hornets got the job done. The Tigers were absent under the basket. I counted on a single play four Athens players going after a rebound that we should have gotten, have gotten in the past. We hurried shots. We did not get back to play defense and when we did the phantom call would happen.
Even a member of the SHSU Staff commented how we were taken out of our game plan. I think had I been Coach Dabney I would have taken a technical foul, rather than hand over the game to a non-player. If you were there you know exactly what I am talking about. The Bowie brothers are solid players who wanted the win more than the Sealy players did. And that is an honest assessment. They controlled the boards at both ends.
Four players in double digits and the rest close to it? Sealy had the momentum coming into the game with big wins over Silsbee and Navasota. They played some outstanding basketball to get to the fourth round of the playoffs, however that night it would have taken alot more to win the game.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Early 4th Athens 54 Sealy 38

pirate4state
03-08-2011, 09:50 AM
LOL neither team is in Austin this weekend....so..................I guess cheater came out -- lmao

seriously though....time to move on

great season by both teams

957tiger
03-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Have moved on Pirate. Just giving a informed review of the game for those who didn't make the trip. Already supporting the winter/spring sports teams. Go Tigers

MJMbrahmas10
03-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Good season tigers
Who are the seniors who they will loose?

TexState86
03-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Losing 4 starters and several others off the bench.

Starters were Keethan Brown, Gabe Hamner, Reid Richardson and Thomas Verm. Tyler Reichardt and Cody Barrett saw alot of time as well.

Should have a pretty good team next year.