PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs St Anges Academy

Football DAD
03-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Tough lost 4-6. Our bat's came to late. Numberous errors in the infield plus one dropped ball in the outfield. I don't understand the change up in the outfield though. Most of the error's accured in the infield but no changes there. Someone needs to explain to the center fielder to back the right and left fielder. That goes for the left and right fielder to back up center. That wasn't happening. Other than that they played alright. Need more batting practice. I believe they will only get better.

zebrablue2
03-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Football DAD
Tough lost 4-6. Our bat's came to late. Numberous errors in the infield plus one dropped ball in the outfield. I don't understand the change up in the outfield though. Most of the error's accured in the infield but no changes there. Someone needs to explain to the center fielder to back the right and left fielder. That goes for the left and right fielder to back up center. That wasn't happening. Other than that they played alright. Need more batting practice. I believe they will only get better.

St A. is a worthy oppt. Bellville is doing ok, and :iagree: B-ville will only get better!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Bellville baseball gets win today over 4a Brazosport 7-0.

zebrablue2
03-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville baseball gets win today over 4a Brazosport 7-0.

Cerny will have those kids ready come district!!

big daddy russ
03-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Impressive even with the loss. My wife is an alum of St. Agnes and won a couple of state titles playing on the softball team. That's a hell of a program you just went toe-to-toe with.

Playing that well against a perennial championship contender (they've won four of the last ten TAPPS Big School state championships) is a great building block for district and the postseason.

XMan
03-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Football dad, maybe if those guys would have been taking ground balls and fly balls in Nov. Dec. and Jan. those errors would not happen. Maybe if they had been taking batting practice during those months, the bats would "come alive". If you have a question for the coach about his line up why dont you go and ask him? Im real sure that you would appreciate him sitting at your job scrutinizing everything that you did, especially if your job depends on the performance of 14-19 years olds.

nette_mom
03-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Bellville Varsity is playing in the Wharton tournament. They lost 2-1 in the bottom of the 7th against Wharton on Thursday. Great pitching performance by Gaddy who pitched 6 great innings,he had 11 strikeouts. We just couldn't get that winning run across the plate. It was 1-1 in the 7th inning. On Friday we played 4a Brazosport and the bats came alive, the defense was outstanding and pitching by Garrett was super, he pitched a 1 hitter in 7 complete innings. Bellville defeated Brazosport 7-0! Today Bellville will face 4a New Caney at 1:45. It will be nice and windy and cold!

nette_mom
03-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Bellvile JV played St Agnes, not the Varsity

Football DAD
03-05-2011, 11:49 AM
nett-_mom, it was the varsity that played St Anges not JV. The JV had a tournment yesterday and couldn't make back in time for the game.

Football DAD
03-05-2011, 11:54 AM
X-Man, I see you roam the download trying to start trouble. I just didn't understand the change in the outfield when most of the error's were in the infield. No one is scrutinizing anybody. People at the game seen the same thing. Same thing could be said, about bellville football also, and see what happen with that. I was making an observation. Didn't say anything about the coaching, you did.

KL3
03-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Doesn't Bellville softball have a freshman hitting home runs?

nette_mom
03-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Football Dad I hate to tell you this but my son is on the VARSITY and we did not play St Agnes! I know what I'm talking about, I was there, I don't know who played St Agnes, but it wasn't us, mabe it was the Sophomore team!!!!!!!
Check the schedule, and get it straight!!! You started this post, so you need to make sure you know the facts. We were in Wharton all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zebrablue2
03-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Doesn't Bellville softball have a freshman hitting home runs?

CF--move in. Don't know her name, but she has at least 2 HR's..

Reds fan
03-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by nette_mom
Football Dad I hate to tell you this but my son is on the VARSITY and we did not play St Agnes! I know what I'm talking about, I was there, I don't know who played St Agnes, but it wasn't us, mabe it was the Sophomore team!!!!!!!
Check the schedule, and get it straight!!! You started this post, so you need to make sure you know the facts. We were in Wharton all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nette_mom, he was talking about softball not baseball.

Football DAD
03-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Nett_mom, he's right I was talking about softball. Sorry

XMan
03-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Im just wondering who is going to explain to the outfielders to back each other up. You are taking shots at the coach, no matter if its baseball or softball. Talking in the stands never made a team better, all it ever does is tear a team apart. More softball, less volleyball would make the softball team much better.

Football DAD
03-06-2011, 12:25 AM
X-Man, still at it. Trying to get me or someone to bash the coaching. If you were at the game, you make that call. No one mentioned coaching but you.

Manso/V8
03-06-2011, 03:03 AM
Freshman Amber Gray has 2 or 3 (maybe more by now!) HR's.
My daughter played on her soccer team in Bellville when they were wee ones. She was a dedicated, talented athlete then and a dedicated, hard-working, athlete now. She is not a recent move-in, I guess you would call her a move-back. Her family moved out-of-state a few years back, and then then luckily they got the chance to move back to Bellville maybe two years ago.
I'm not sure what other sports she plays now, but I remember she did really well in jr high track. I am sure she will be a strong contributor to the Brahmanettes over the next several years.