PDA

View Full Version : Keep Texas Smart-Save Texas Schools

Ernest T Bass
03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Rally next saturday, March 12. Just a reminder for those interested.

Save Texas Schools (http://savetxschools.org/)

WildTexan972
03-04-2011, 01:25 PM
When the Education Establishment figures out that 100s of "teacher aides" and administrators and assistant librarians and paperwork shufflin clerks are NOT needed to teach the kids some 3R's then much of this "budget crisis" stuff every 2 years will go away.....

the problem now is if you hand these "education" elitists some money they act like politicians and blow it all no matter what and ask for more....continued increased spending has never been proven to meaning the kids are being better educated, it just means more on the payroll at higher rates....

waaaaay too many assistant principals and counselors and central office staff in most school districts.....and there should be NO REASON all schools have to buy the latest and greatest technology to pump into classrooms.....the elistists claim we are depriving our kids if we don't spend the money, when in fact most "new technology" is made up by companies to CASH IN not to help improve the education of our kids....they know if they get the elitists to whine and complain eventually the money will come so they always have new projects in the works to cash in on....what the kids NEED to know is basic math and the concepts of algebra, and how to speak and read/write pretty fluently (others need to learn OUR language - we should not be oligated to appease them for not doing so)....most kids these days are being SHOVED to college so the gubmint can hand out more student loans and grants to buy votes, but not enough is really done for the kids that need standard regular job preparation and that is the majority of the kids in our schools - they higher grades kids that raise the average test scores are their focus yet the numbers favor the average kids and the elitists don't like to help those kids....

Ernest T Bass
03-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Wow! There's so much ignorance and insolence in that post, I don't even know where to begin!
But you're right. Piss on competing with the rest of the changing world. Let's go back to the damned readin', ritin', and 'rithmatic! Hell, while we're at it, why do them kids need all that fancy air conditionin' and flore-essent lightin'? Hell, don't they have school in the daytime anyway?

DDBooger
03-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Wow! There's so much ignorance and insolence in that post, I don't even know where to begin!
But you're right. Piss on competing with the rest of the changing world. Let's go back to the damned readin', ritin', and 'rithmatic! Hell, while we're at it, why do them kids need all that fancy air conditionin' and flore-essent lightin'? Hell, don't they have school in the daytime anyway? Elitest:rolleyes: :D

Ernest T Bass
03-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Elitest:rolleyes: :D

True, but WT has shown me the error of my ways. Like he says, all kids need to know is basic math, concepts of algebra, and basic writting skills. That's it! There was no reason to ever leave the days of overhead dry erase projectors and mimeographs, other than to create projects for the elitists.

WildTexan972
03-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
But you're right. Piss on competing with the rest of the changing world. Let's go back to the damned readin', ritin', and 'rithmatic! Hell, while we're at it, why do them kids need all that fancy air conditionin' and flore-essent lightin'? Hell, don't they have school in the daytime anyway?

no you are wrong....all this "keep up with the changing world" crap is by the education morons that blow too much money...having electronic writing boards in EVERY classroom does not improve education....

if YOU are right and I am wrong then go grab a random student and ask em a basic algebra question and most of em will fail it....ask em a few basic geography or history questions that most 6th graders should know and NO they won't know it....spending more and buyin fancy crap has NOT improved education, but you teacher types and coach kissups will never admit that....

MOST of the world is dirt poor and just surviving....the countries we claim to be keeping up with are China and Korea and Japan and Germany......and they don't give constant handouts and free meals and other welfare benefits to such a wide array of the citizens in their land....but then still the world wants to come to America, so why are we so focused on spending ourselves into oblivion if we are still the destination of choice for most of the world?

true ignorance is thinking only YOU are right and calling names for others with an opinion....but since I am always right I never have to concern myself with that....

BILLYFRED0000
03-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Wild you are more right than wrong....

The problem is that the kids are not being taught and throwing money and tests is not the answer. The system is at fault but the teachers and coaches of course have a vested interest in saying that it does. And for above average white students it does work. The people that lose are the minorities and the impoverished whites that have no means
with which to improve themselves at home. Many do not even have computers but now a lot of schools expect you to be able to get online to check stuff. What a stupid bunch of morons.

WildTexan972
03-04-2011, 03:10 PM
the REAL problem in Texas is the kids are not being schooled to build up their ability to THINK, they are being spoonfed the TAKS test criteria for ratings....my kids get taught to think at home, and they are good at it, and if that means they don't score 99% on TAKS I don't care because most of that drivel will not be of value to them in life....

schoolin is the problem,...education of the issues that matter most are taught at home, and most schoolin is in place to babysit the kids to keep from havin to send em all to daycare or leave em home alone to get in trouble....

after the TAKS is complete each year not much of value goes on at most schools and the insiders know that but since they have paychecks on the line they can not admit to it....

Ernest T Bass
03-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
the REAL problem in Texas is the kids are not being schooled to build up their ability to THINK, they are being spoonfed the TAKS test criteria for ratings....my kids get taught to think at home, and they are good at it, and if that means they don't score 99% on TAKS I don't care because most of that drivel will not be of value to them in life....

schoolin is the problem,...education of the issues that matter most are taught at home, and most schoolin is in place to babysit the kids to keep from havin to send em all to daycare or leave em home alone to get in trouble....

after the TAKS is complete each year not much of value goes on at most schools and the insiders know that but since they have paychecks on the line they can not admit to it....

Hell, Ive admited to it! Send the damned kids home after the TAKS and save a TON of money. The TAKS makes sure that kids are graduating with some basic skills. That's it. But hell, Im fine with cutting about 1/2 the funding to that damned thing.
I know we already have an underclass of citizens, but every now and then a few of'em manage to escape. The only, and I mean ONLY reason that EVER happens is our public education system. If these cuts are allowed to go through, the number of escapees will fall dramaticly. Maybe that's the intent? That's the reason I'll be in Austin on my freakin' birthday.