PDA

View Full Version : Luckenbach & Terlingua

Bullaholic
03-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Sad to say that as a Texan I have never been to either of these Texas landmarks made famous by music stars---

--Luckenbach was put on the map by "Waylon, Willie, and the Boys" the with song of the same name...

--Terlingua was made famous by Jerry Jeff Walker in 73' with the "Viva Terlingua" album.

Going to have to correct my woeful Texas landmark record very soon---sure like the music by all these guys.

RoyceTTU
03-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Sad to say that as a Texan I have never been to either of these Texas landmarks made famous by music stars---

--Luckenbach was put on the map by "Waylon, Willie, and the Boys" the with song of the same name...

--Terlingua was made famous by Jerry Jeff Walker in 73' with the "Viva Terlingua" album.

Going to have to correct my woeful Texas landmark record very soon---sure like the music by all these guys.

I have never been to Terlingua as well, but I'm not as old as you either:D

Ernest T Bass
03-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Go to Terrlingua for the chili cook off. Great times, my friend.

DavidWooderson
03-04-2011, 11:05 AM
The only time to go to Terlingua is for the Chili Cook-Off because it's NOTHING the rest of the time.

There's also NOTHING in Luckenbach, but at least it's not out in B.F.E..

NTFan
03-04-2011, 11:09 AM
If you want to go to Terlingua......check this out.

http://www.festoutwest.com/

Pick6
03-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
There's also NOTHING in Luckenbach, but at least it's not out in B.F.E..

Luckenbach is the place to be on weekends in the summer.

firstdown
03-04-2011, 11:55 AM

Going to have to correct my woeful Texas landmark record very soon---sure like the music by all these guys. \

I prefer Larry Joe Taylor's Festival in Stephenville.

DavidWooderson
03-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Yessir.....it's a great time. I usually have a blast on Thursday night, but don't remember much of the weekend after that.

Louie13
03-04-2011, 12:41 PM
I've been to both. So I guess that is checked off my bucket list. Except I never get tired of the Big Bend area--beautiful.

Bullaholic
03-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Does Jerry Jeff still have an annual birthday bash at Grune Hall?

BwdLion73
03-04-2011, 06:17 PM

The Viva Terlingua album by JJW was recorded live at the Luckenbach Dance Hall.

As far as i know Willie has never performed at Luckenbach.

They moved the womens chile cookoff from Luckenbach after many years due to commercial problems with bringing your own beer. TABC was breathing down their neck.

Antec
03-04-2011, 10:37 PM
I have both albums by Jerry Jeff Walker and Waylon on 33 vinyl

Twirling Time
03-05-2011, 03:15 AM
"It's up against the wall, Redneck Mother." That was my frat's anthem.

Sweetwater Red
03-05-2011, 10:48 AM

Just went to Luckenbach for the first time a few weeks back. Did
the tourist thing. Took pictures, bought a t-shirt, a few
souvenirs and drank a couple of Shiner Bocks. We left before
Gary P. Nunn got a stage though.

Football DAD
03-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Been to both places but not fun. Terlingua is a little to far to go far a chili cookoff.

Antec
03-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Been to Luckenbach a few times went there 13 years ago and stayed at a bed and breakfast

We don't make those long trips anymore-especially now with gas being so high