PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks acquire Corey Brewer....

waterboy
03-03-2011, 03:56 PM
I must admit I don't know much about Brewer, but his acquisition looks to be a good move, especially defensively. Does anybody have an opinion of whether he will help the Mavs? Here's the story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6178477

crzyjournalist03
03-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Nice piece, especially when they didn't have to give anything up to get him. He's still very young and could be a good part of the rotation for several years.

Farmersfan
03-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I think this is the best case scenerio for the Mavs. Brewer has not lived up to his #7 overall pick status yet but if he can develope to anywhere close then he is well worth the money for Dallas. And his defense is certainly an improvement. I guess this signing is pretty much proof positive that Caron Butler won't be back for the playoffs........

crzyjournalist03
03-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I think this is the best case scenerio for the Mavs. Brewer has not lived up to his #7 overall pick status yet but if he can develope to anywhere close then he is well worth the money for Dallas. And his defense is certainly an improvement. I guess this signing is pretty much proof positive that Caron Butler won't be back for the playoffs........

I don't know about that. Brewer signed for three years, so it's obviously a move for the long-term rather than as an injury replacement, and they've had an empty roster spot since they let Pavlovic go.

Farmersfan
03-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I don't know about that. Brewer signed for three years, so it's obviously a move for the long-term rather than as an injury replacement, and they've had an empty roster spot since they let Pavlovic go.

I thought they had to let Pavolvic go to bring in Peja Suckitabit? In any case I think Brewer is a good signing. Only time will tell how good. Go Mavs!

Emerson1
03-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I thought they had to let Pavolvic go to bring in Peja Suckitabit? In any case I think Brewer is a good signing. Only time will tell how good. Go Mavs!
He signed for less to come here. Like Rick Carlisle said if he can make one crucial stop then it was a good pick up.

big daddy russ
03-03-2011, 05:18 PM
I like it, but I'm like Corey Brewer's game. A poor man's Shane Battier with the ability to get to the rim.

DavidWooderson
03-03-2011, 08:42 PM
He can get to the rim, can play defense both on the perimeter and in the paint.

My only problem is he's 6'9, 185....need to put some weight on!

icu812
03-03-2011, 10:40 PM
He can do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxfb3pTm2Hw

The Mavs needed somebody like Brewer. I'd like to see him start so Peja can back up Dirk. Let the Matrix sub for Brewer instead of Dirk. That would leave a very good defender on the floor most of the time. The starters need more defense not another shooter.

Emerson1
03-04-2011, 12:31 AM
He will start if the situation is right. I think Pavlovich even started at least once during his 20 day stint.