PDA

View Full Version : State's Number One Recruit Names Top 3

Matthew328
03-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Aledo RB Johnathan Gray names top 3 in no order

Texas, A&M, TCU

DavidWooderson
03-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Would love to see him in Austin in a backfield with Malcolm Brown! WOW....but would be awesome to see him go to TCU too.

Matthew328
03-02-2011, 10:02 PM
As I predicted Tech was not a factor. Gray never was that enamored with them for whatever reason

DavidWooderson
03-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Hmmmmmmm wonder why....Tubberdouche have anything to do with it?

Matthew328
03-02-2011, 10:15 PM
I just don't think he liked them....can't put my finger on it but in talking to him you could see it in his face even though his responses were diplomatic

Emerson1
03-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
Hmmmmmmm wonder why....Tubberdouche have anything to do with it?
I don't think anyone top RB recruit would want to go to Tech.

RoyceTTU
03-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
As I predicted Tech was not a factor. Gray never was that enamored with them for whatever reason

It would of been more of a family tie. It was a long shot if anything. I seriously doubt tubbs will back off though. It's a long season.

RoyceTTU
03-03-2011, 09:27 AM
I can still hope that Williams gets jerked around enough trying to pick somewhere other than where Gray goes, and decides to go play with his brother at Tech:D

Old Tiger
03-03-2011, 01:17 PM
I thought Edwards was #1?

NastySlot
03-03-2011, 01:49 PM
heard tcu...took one from baylor today.......ladarius anthony.

Phil C
03-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
heard tcu...took one from baylor today.......ladarius anthony.

HEy NastySlot do you think this might affect Gray's choice. I don't think it will be that big a factor personally.

navscanmaster
03-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
HEy NastySlot do you think this might affect Gray's choice. I don't think it will be that big a factor personally.

Gray has said he will not base his decision on other recruits. Williams is a different story. A school that gets Williams first would still be in the running for Gray. Not vice versa.

NastySlot
03-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

the buddy that told me about this switch thought it would............I really don't think it will.............my money sez Gray is a Frog...............hope I'm wrong and he goes to the Brazos Valley.

big daddy russ
03-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
the buddy that told me about this switch thought it would............I really don't think it will.............my money sez Gray is a Frog...............hope I'm wrong and he goes to the Brazos Valley.
It'd be a huge coup for TCU, but all the chips are stacking up nicely for the Frogs. Texas just took Malcolm Brown, the Ags have a shot because they don't have as talented a backfield of underclassmen as the Horns, but they're still pretty well set the next few years.

At TCU, Grey would be close to home and could start from day one on a national championship-contending, freshly-minted BCS squad. And not just start, but be the feature back from day one.

It'd be great to see them kick off their BCS run by signing a recruit like Grey.

crzyjournalist03
03-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I don't think anyone top RB recruit would want to go to Tech.

This.

Bad system for any RB who wants to make a big name for himself.

RoyceTTU
04-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Aledo RB Johnathan Gray names top 3 in no order

Texas, A&M, TCU

I'm pretty confident that A&M's small chance has dwindled to nothing. After a false accusation posted on a website created by an aggie and a seize and decease letter by the Gray's, surelly he has a bad taste in his mouth.

http://thethunderdomeblog.blogspot.com/

This site has now been takin down but here is what it said.

"Word is filtering in from various high-placed sources close to “The Dome” that the father of star recruit Jonathan Gray, a class of 2012 running back from Aledo High School in Aledo, TX, who many rate as the top running back prospect in the country, may now be shopping his sons services to college coaches for a reported $250,000. And why not? Should this deal go through, Jonathan, who has traveled to several schools this spring with his father, ex NFL-er James Gray, would have the same plausible deniability that Cam Newton did this past season after his father, Cecil Newton, was caught shopping his services to Mississippi State. The junior running back and his father have reportedly pared his list of suitors down to three finalists in TCU, Texas A&M, and UT. Many UT sources have been claiming for months that Gray is already committed silently to The Longhorns. If true, then it appears the Grays and UT is dragging out the commitment for appearances sake. Nice cover story."

- From thethunderdomeblog.blogspot.com

Here is where this clown talks about opening up his blog.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:dM-09M_fxq4J:texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp%3Ftopic_id%3D1816748%26forum_id%3D 6+site:texags.com+%22DaRootas+Big+D%22&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:UMDl6dEaSf0J:texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp%3Ftopic_id%3D1820843%26forum_id%3D 6+site:texags.com+%22DaRootas+Big+D%22&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

This wasn't fair to the Gray's and really because of one DA i'm sure JG has a bad taste in his mouth.