PDA

View Full Version : New Turf Going Down

GetRDoneStangs
03-01-2011, 07:29 PM
In Mustang Bowl...crew is on site...will have pics later.

It will get broke in fast....3 games at week 1....Sammy Baugh Classic....then Div III Sul Ross vs. Bacone University and a couple weeks later 5A North Mesquite vs. Lubbock High.

And the playoffs are a long way away...not a bad start!!

Sweetwater Red
03-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
In Mustang Bowl...crew is on site...will have pics later.

It will get broke in fast....3 games at week 1....Sammy Baugh Classic....then Div III Sul Ross vs. Bacone University and a couple weeks later 5A North Mesquite vs. Lubbock High.

And the playoffs are a long way away...not a bad start!!

Good deal. Too bad Snyder and Big Spring doesn't have a wealthy alum; then they might
be able to get their stands replaced. :devil:

I might have to skip North Mequite and Lubbock High this year unless 328 is gonna be there
again. Last year's game was like watching Ingleside play Euless Trinity. :doh:

GetRDoneStangs
03-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Good deal. Too bad Snyder and Big Spring doesn't have a wealthy alum; then they might
be able to get their stands replaced. :devil:

I might have to skip North Mequite and Lubbock High this year unless 328 is gonna be there
again. Last year's game was like watching Ingleside play Euless Trinity. :doh:

Last year Mustang Bowl was home to games from 6 man to 5A and all classes in between...and next year to the NCAA.....I think I told that coach we can't change the goal post....
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
03-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
I think I told that coach we can't change the goal post....
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

It was 52-0 at halftime and Lubbock's QB was worse than Abilene Wylie's I don't think
moving the goal posts would help.

GetRDoneStangs
03-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
It was 52-0 at halftime and Lubbock's QB was worse than Abilene Wylie's I don't think
moving the goal posts would help.

I meant during the college game...they have a closer goal post and you are correct the span in the goal post may not have affected the out come of that particular game!