PDA

View Full Version : NFL Combine

Bullaholic
02-28-2011, 01:57 PM
The NFL Combine is a lot like the Academy Awards show---hard to watch a lot of it. Lots of good looking athletes, however--maybe the best looking bunch I have ever seen from an athleticism standpoint. Cam Newton looked bad throwing on the 10-yd out patterns.

DDBooger
02-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Some prospect from Oregon State benched 225 48 times. Set the combine record.

Sweetwater Red
02-28-2011, 02:11 PM
I tried watching it Saturday. They were working out the TEs and I fell asleep. When I woke up
Cam Newton was being questioned by reporters and wow! :rolleyes: :doh:

DDBooger
02-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I tried watching it Saturday. They were working out the TEs and I fell asleep. When I woke up
Cam Newton was being questioned by reporters and wow! :rolleyes: :doh: Ryan Mallet bombed even worse.

coach
02-28-2011, 02:17 PM
overrated clap clap clap clap clap

NastySlot
02-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by coach
overrated clap clap clap clap clap

newton or mallet or both?

bobcat1
02-28-2011, 03:35 PM
The Ponder kid looked better than either of them.

navscanmaster
02-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Von Miller ran a 4.46 40.

Thoughts and prayers go out to NFL quarterbacks next year (or after next).

bleedgreen
02-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Good luck to Andy Dalton, TCU qb

nobogey72
02-28-2011, 04:05 PM
The commentators were pretty blunt about the fact that there are questions about Ryan Mallet's character. His work ethic, drug questions, lots of things. That all very well may be true, but I thought it was kind of strange that they were so outspoken about it. You see people getting sued these days for less than that. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

ccmom
02-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
The commentators were pretty blunt about the fact that there are questions about Ryan Mallet's character. His work ethic, drug questions, lots of things. That all very well may be true, but I thought it was kind of strange that they were so outspoken about it. You see people getting sued these days for less than that. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

Ok, if YOU are questioning whether something should have been said on air, it must have been BAD!! :eek: :doh: :p

Bullaholic
02-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Ok, if YOU are questioning whether something should have been said on air, it must have been BAD!! :eek: :doh: :p

Like the rest of the gals---you weren't listening to a thing---just watching intently....:D

nobogey72
02-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ccmom

Yeah, but I can get by with it because I know that the only people listening to me are a bunch of hillbillies.

Sweetwater Red
02-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Yeah, but I can get by with it because I know that the only people listening to me are a bunch of hillbillies.

Hey! :mad:

big daddy russ
02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
...When I woke up Cam Newton was being questioned by reporters and wow! :rolleyes: :doh:
What happened there? Was it that bad?

BTW, as much of a Cam Newton fan as I am, he has a long ways to go as a passer before I could see him as an NFL QB. I think he's a slightly better version of Vince Young, and I was very low on Young out of college.

coach
02-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
newton or mallet or both? the comine in general

Sweetwater Red
02-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
What happened there? Was it that bad?

Well I just heard some clips from Ryan Mallet's interview and
compared to him, not even close.

I guess I just expected more out of a guy that could possibly be
the #1 overall pick. He seemed to be on guard with each question
asked and his replies would begin with what he thought. Then,
it was like a light came on and he remembered what he was
coached to say in mid sentence. I just hope he's doing a better
job with the closed door interviews with certain teams than he is
with the media.

Bullaholic
02-28-2011, 08:28 PM
NFL Combine Report (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/notebook?page=combinereport227&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fdraft2011%2fnotebook%3fpage%3dcombinereport227)