PDA

View Full Version : Academy Awards

Bullaholic
02-28-2011, 01:51 PM
I couldn't wach much of the show, but I was glad that I got to see Kirk Douglas as a presenter. At 94, he has more class in his little finger than any 10 current Hollywood stars have in their whole bodies.

pirate4state
02-28-2011, 01:53 PM
At 94, he was funny even if it did take him 5 minutes to be funny. :devil: :D

The 2 actors selected to host were AWFUL!!!

DDBooger
02-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I couldn't wach much of the show, but I was glad that I got to see Kirk Douglas as a presenter. At 94, he has more class in his little finger than any 10 current Hollywood stars have in their whole bodies. Oh please, in his prime, he probably cut all kinds of strange and boozed it up. lol

Bullaholic
02-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Oh please, in his prime, he probably cut all kinds of strange and boozed it up. lol

LOL---I'm sure he did his share in that dept., Boog, but I wasn't necessarily referring to the man's moral character, but more with reference to his je ne sais quoi and bearing.

DDBooger
02-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
LOL---I'm sure he did his share in that dept., Boog, but I wasn't necessarily referring to the man's moral character, but more with reference to his je ne sais quoi and bearing. haha yeah, true. He carried himself well for his age. He is Spartacus, ya know.

Phil C
02-28-2011, 03:11 PM
I agree it was great to see Kirk Douglas as a presenter but when the True Grit actress didn't win Best Supporting Actress I knew it wouldn't be worth watching at all because except for Kirk it was boring so thus I watched Tombstone Territory episodes on youtube and from what everyone who told me who watched it I made the right choice.

Cam
02-28-2011, 05:49 PM
I didn't watch much of the Grammy's...kept going back and forth between "Taliban" on CNN and "The Wonder Years".
Those Taliban dudes.....wow!....they like chunking rocks for entertainment. It was a competition to see who could throw a big rock with two hands the farthest. And of course, the leader wins. Don't wanna piss him off.....

Emerson1
02-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Glad Inception and Social Network took home a lot of the technical categories.