PDA

View Full Version : UNT New Stadium

Matthew328
02-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Hearing the new place which is almost done is flat out awesome...I am looking forward to checking out a playoff game or two there...

DavidWooderson
02-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Yeah I wonder what is gonna happen to Collins stadium. They sure pull a lot of playoff games, especially a lot of the small schools in the area.

I'm looking forward to seeing the stadium open. I go to 2 or 3 games a year, think it will be great for the university. They've been needing a new stadium for a while now, hope this will help pull recruits and get them started on the right track again.

Matthew328
02-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Collins will be ok, the UNT stadium will probably only get bigger 5A/4A games...3A and under probably wouldn't play there until semis....

Rabid Cougar
02-28-2011, 11:44 AM
I have my seats already picked out. Houston is the Opening game Sept 10.

bwdlionfan
02-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Is Fouts going to be torn down?

Rabid Cougar
02-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Is Fouts going to be torn down?
My source tells me not until they build a new track and field stadium. When that is I don't know.

crzyjournalist03
02-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
My source tells me not until they build a new track and field stadium. When that is I don't know.

Hmm...I thought it was supposed to be turned into a parking garage to alleviate congestion. UNT has the worst parking, and they really need a permanent solution.

NastySlot
02-28-2011, 02:32 PM

where can i find next seasons schedule went the football site and couldn't find anything..............your help is appreciated....thanks.

carter08
02-28-2011, 03:08 PM

Poor UNT. Opening their new stadium with a blowout loss.

DavidWooderson
02-28-2011, 07:47 PM
I've heard the possibility of either A - Building a track facility by the rest of the athletic facilities or B - take out the turf field and move the throwing pits into the infield and tear down the concrete bleachers and replace with an aluminum grandstand and remove the aluminum bleachers as well to make room for extra parking.

Rabid Cougar
03-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
where can i find next seasons schedule went the football site and couldn't find anything..............your help is appreciated....thanks.

Thu, Sep 01 FIU North Texas Miami, Fla. 6 p.m. ESPN3.com
Sat, Sep 10 North Texas Houston Denton, Texas TBA
Sat, Sep 17 Alabama North Texas Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA
Sat, Sep 24 North Texas Indiana Denton, Texas TBA
Sat, Oct 01 Tulsa North Texas Tulsa, Okla. TBA
Sat, Oct 15 Louisiana-Lafayette North Texas Lafayette, La. TBA
Sat, Oct 22 North Texas ULM Denton, Texas TBA
Sat, Oct 29 Arkansas State North Texas Jonesboro, Ark. TBA
Sat, Nov 12 Troy North Texas Troy, Ala. TBA
Sat, Nov 19 North Texas Western Kentucky Denton, Texas TBA
Sat, Dec 03 North Texas Middle Tennessee Denton, Texas TBA

crzyjournalist03
03-01-2011, 12:35 PM
That game against Indiana looks like the one I'll circle and try to make it to this year.

DavidWooderson
03-01-2011, 01:01 PM
The best UNT game I've been to in years, probably since the Baylor game of '04 where UNT wiped the floor with the Bears.....was last year's Fouts Field Finale against Kansas State.

Though they didn't win, those kids played their hearts out for Canales and almost upset the Wildcats.

Rabid Cougar
03-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
That game against Indiana looks like the one I'll circle and try to make it to this year.

Not often that the Sisters of the Poor come to to Denton.

NastySlot
03-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Not often that the Sisters of the Poor come to to Denton.

that one caught my eye I will circle it on the calander and try to make a trip up if possible.