PDA

View Full Version : True Stuff is Funnier

PPHSfan
02-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Was driving out of town this morning and my car charger for my iPhone stopped working. Not being anywhere near a place to get a genuine replacement on short notice, I decide to opt for a generic one to get me by until later today. I've been in several convenience stores and have usually seen a kiosk of some sort with a selection of chargers and accessories. That is, until I actually Needed one.

So I've just asked the girl behind the counter at the third place I have stopped "Do y'all have any phone chargers?". To which she replies, and I quote, "no sir we don't carry those."

Well I'm just about to give it up, when I turn toward the door, and low and behold, (yep, you guessed it), a huge display of phone chargers and accessories.

Not wanting to seem rude, I ask the girl "aren't THESE phone chargers?", to which she replied, and again I quote, "OH! you said 'phone chargers' ".

So I said "I'm sorry, I must have asked you if you carry 'bone enlargers' ". She gives me a stupid look and says, and I quote, "what's a 'bone enlarger'?"

So I say " well, what did you think I asked for when I walked up to your counter?, I mean, for the life of me, I can't think of anything in God's Creation, that you would find in a convenience store, that even remotely sounds like 'PHONE CHARGER' when you ask for one.

She told me to leave, or she was going to call the cops.

Gsquared
02-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Was this at a truck stop?

PPHSfan
02-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Was this at a truck stop?

No. A convenience store. Like a Shell station I think.

pirate4state
02-28-2011, 09:58 AM
She works at a convenience store...we really can't expect too much. :eek: :(

A bone enlarger -- lmao

Bullaholic
02-28-2011, 10:11 AM
LOL....Another true story, PPHSFan.

A few years ago a retiree from California who had just moved into our area stopped at the local grocery store and asked a young lady checker---"Could you tell me where the condiments are located?" And the red-faced young lady replied--"Oh, no sir, we don't sell those---you'll have to go down to the drug store for those."

bobcat1
02-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Poor girl. Do you feel better now PPHS?

BwdLion73
02-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
[B.

She told me to leave, or she was going to call the cops. [/B]

are you sure she said that...or we have beer with lots of hops:thinking:

RoyceTTU
02-28-2011, 12:26 PM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/011/e/8/little_dog_w_big_bone_by_kclcmdr-d36z4gu.jpg

waterboy
02-28-2011, 12:42 PM
I once stopped at a convenience store / gas station in Youngstown, Ohio. Found out I was a quart low on oil. Walked in the store, had trouble finding the oil for some reason. The attendant asked if she could help me find something. I said, "Yeah, where's the oil?"

She said, "I'm sorry, what are you looking for?"

I once again said, "Where's your oil?"

She said, "I'm not understanding you."

"You know, oil.........like you put in your engine?" I said.

She thought a couple of seconds, then said, "Oh! You mean o-e-ol?"

I said, "Nope! Oil!"

It seems up there they pronounce oil with three syllables, instead of the one syllable we use here in the oilpatch.:doh:

:D

Farmersfan
02-28-2011, 12:44 PM
It's sometimes acceptable to crack your knuckles at the table but it's never accetable to knuckle your crack at the table!

nobogey72
02-28-2011, 12:54 PM
This old proffesional golfer that now lives in Wichita Fall named Rocky Thompson told us this story one time as the truth. When he was just starting out on tour he was driving to all the stops and he had a pretty significant stutter in his voice. He stopped at one of the old full-service gas stations one day, and he said this great big muscled up rough looking kid comes out to wait on him and he also stuttered as he found out when he asked him if he could help him. Rather than risk sounding like he was making fun of him, he just drove off and didn't say a thing.

bobcat1
02-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
This old proffesional golfer that now lives in Wichita Fall named Rocky Thompson told us this story one time as the truth. When he was just starting out on tour he was driving to all the stops and he had a pretty significant stutter in his voice. He stopped at one of the old full-service gas stations one day, and he said this great big muscled up rough looking kid comes out to wait on him and he also stuttered as he found out when he asked him if he could help him. Rather than risk sounding like he was making fun of him, he just drove off and didn't say a thing. LOL! I knew Rocky when I lived in Wichita Falls as a kid.

My wife took the boys through the drive through at McDonalds once when they were 14,13,8, and 2. The lady at the window was laughing real hard and my wife turned around and looked in the back seat in time to catch them pinching their noses closed and pointing at her like she farted. I thought she was going to kill them. :D

bigwood33
02-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
This old proffesional golfer that now lives in Wichita Fall named Rocky Thompson told us this story one time as the truth. When he was just starting out on tour he was driving to all the stops and he had a pretty significant stutter in his voice. He stopped at one of the old full-service gas stations one day, and he said this great big muscled up rough looking kid comes out to wait on him and he also stuttered as he found out when he asked him if he could help him. Rather than risk sounding like he was making fun of him, he just drove off and didn't say a thing.
Now that's funny:D

PPHSfan
02-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
It's sometimes acceptable to crack your knuckles at the table but it's never accetable to knuckle your crack at the table!

I once let a doctor prick my finger.

playnhurt
03-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
LOL! I knew Rocky when I lived in Wichita Falls as a kid.

My wife took the boys through the drive through at McDonalds once when they were 14,13,8, and 2. The lady at the window was laughing real hard and my wife turned around and looked in the back seat in time to catch them pinching their noses closed and pointing at her like she farted. I thought she was going to kill them. :D

That's too funny! I'll have to remember that one next time we go on a coaches trip!

navscanmaster
03-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I once let a doctor prick my finger.

Was it a female doctor?:thinking: