PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater Baseball

GetRDoneStangs
02-27-2011, 10:56 AM
The Mustangs are off to a good start at 4-0, fresh off winning the San Angelo Lakeview Tournament this weekend. The schedule gets a bit tougher as the Stangs have games vs. 5A San Angelo Central (Monday), Abilene High, Abilene Cooper, Wichita Falls and Abilene Wylie (non district) in 2 weeks. They play Odessa High and a very good Andrews team in the next few weeks as well.

They host the Wood Bat Classic starting Thursday.

This team is a balance of several seniors as well as several soph. and freshmen....they have the potential to be pretty darn good!

Sweetwater Red
02-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
The Mustangs are off to a good start at 4-0, fresh off winning the San Angelo Lakeview Tournament this weekend. The schedule gets a bit tougher as the Stangs have games vs. 5A San Angelo Central (Monday), Abilene High, Abilene Cooper, Wichita Falls and Abilene Wylie (non district) in 2 weeks. They play Odessa High and a very good Andrews team in the next few weeks as well.

They host the Wood Bat Classic starting Thursday.

This team is a balance of several seniors as well as several soph. and freshmen....they have the potential to be pretty darn good!

Yep. Things are looking up for the program. Coach Herrera has done a good job.

STANG RED
02-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Glad to see he's scheduling some tough competition, instead of padding his record with patsies. This will only make them better, and ready for district, when it rolls around. Good job coach!

GetRDoneStangs
02-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Glad to see he's scheduling some tough competition, instead of padding his record with patsies. This will only make them better, and ready for district, when it rolls around. Good job coach!

We saw all 3 games this weekend in Angelo and it was pretty evident that the coaching and the fact that many of these kids play on travel teams in the off season as they looked good for this early in the season.

They turned a d.p. when the bases where loaded and the pitcher took a decent hit towards 1st and never doubted, threw home and the catcher was positioned to throw to first and beat the runner. Yes, I know that is what is supposed to happen..but making it happen is not the same. It sure is a good way to shut down a rally and send them back to the field!

GetRDoneStangs
02-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Mustangs fall 10-4 to 5A San Angelo Central. I did not make the game but the Stangs had a 4-2 lead with 2 outs in the 5th and a play that could have been out 3 didn't happen and Central had a big inning. The game was called after 6 innings do to darkness.

The Wood Bat Classic starts Thursday....I will try to keep updates on scores.

DaHop72
03-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Okay Red and Red, it's on again this year. Still owe Stang but Red is buying this time.:devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
03-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Okay Red and Red, it's on again this year. Still owe Stang but Red is buying this time.:devil: :devil:

I'm game. Bring it! :D

April 1st in Sweetwater, April 19th in Snyder or both? :devil:

Snyder_TigerFan
03-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Ahh heck, I thought this was an oxymoron thread.

Sweetwater Red
03-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Ahh heck, I thought this was an oxymoron thread.

You haven't heard? We're the best 4-1 team in the state.