PDA

View Full Version : Houston Astros

Maroon87
02-26-2011, 11:41 PM
They are not on anyone's radar headed into this year, but I liked what I saw in the second half last year. If they can pick up where they left off they might make some noise in the NL Central.

Of course they are on the auction block, so most likely they will have to play the hand they have now, because I'm sure Drayton isn't gong to spend a nickel to add anyone significant.

coach
02-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
They are not on anyone's radar headed into this year, but I liked what I saw in the second half last year. If they can pick up where they left off they might make some noise in the NL Central.

Of course they are on the auction block, so most likely they will have to play the hand they have now, because I'm sure Drayton isn't gong to spend a nickel to add anyone significant.

They got a huge break with the Carpenter injury, but they still have the Cubs and Cincy. They still will suck lol, they need a superstar and that goofey outfielder what yall call good isnt going to cut it.

Vrabird
02-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Did Carpenter get hurt too? Or are you talking about Wainwright for the Cardinals?

navscanmaster
02-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by coach
They got a huge break with the Carpenter injury, but they still have the Cubs and Cincy. They still will suck lol, they need a superstar and that goofey outfielder what yall call good isnt going to cut it.

You mean Wainwright? He has to have TJ now and will miss this year, maybe some of next too. Carpenter is a possible trade for the Cards though.

Old Tiger
02-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Hard to be successful when your owner doesn't even want to own the team anymore and is not spending money like he should to put them in a better position to win.

coach
02-27-2011, 12:35 PM
sorry, had a brain fart...i ment wainwright

YTBulldogs
02-27-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm a big Astros fan. But, if they think that performance they had the 2nd half last year, will be like that again with those same players, out the gate----we will come in last. Not gonna happen. Zero talent in that mix. Maybe one of those youngsters would play some on another team?

Surely Wade is smarter than that. But, then again, maybe not? They will stink until Drayton sales the team. He isn't spending anything and just going with youth (which is ok if you are going to lose anyways). Or, they will keep signing those old ex-players from Wade's past. Surprised Moyer hasn't signed yet. What is he, 61? Or, is that his radar speed. Amazing.

Also, if you have a single thought of using Carlos Lee at first, your in sad shape. He couldn't even play LF, now your putting him at a prime infield spot.

Should of dumped him with Oswalt and Berkman, cut more cost and maybe get a young arm or two.

I predict a 70-92 season. We need a new owner before we return to a playoff contender.

Regardless, I'll still make numerous games.