PDA

View Full Version : When the carpet gets pulled....

navscanmaster
02-26-2011, 11:02 PM
out from under that men's program in Waco, it is going to be ugly. That is all.

Maroon87
02-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

I'm thinking it would have to be pretty bad to overshadow a murder cover up and all that came with it.:thinking:

Necked
02-26-2011, 11:28 PM
alright, how many people saw the title & thought this was going to be about body waxing?

+1

coach
02-26-2011, 11:30 PM

what are you talking about?

Maroon87
02-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Necked
alright, how many people saw the title & thought this was going to be about body waxing?

+1

I had a visual of that scene in The 40 Year Old Virgin...."AHHHHH Kelly Clarkson!!":D

Daddy D 11
02-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by coach
what are you talking about?

i think he means once the ncaa finally catches drew for all the illegal stuff he is doing its going to be uglier than most people think

Daddy D 11
02-27-2011, 01:17 AM

i'd be mad too if my mens and womens basketball teams went a combined 0-4 on the year against a rival:D

navscanmaster
02-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
i'd be mad too if my mens and womens basketball teams went a combined 0-4 on the year against a rival:D

A little of that too. Admitted. That aside, how that campus in Waco pulls in the top talent in recruiting that it has been for the last few years with the inept coach they have doesn't add up. Baylor should have won a NC or played in one by now with that height and talent. If the NCAA finds anything, and word is they have been looking, it could be a program killer for the Bears.

As for the Ags, no way they can match up a 6'7 and 6'8 post with two better 6'11 posts. Still, Baylor has to knock off OSU and Texas to even make the tourney. How could that be possible with the future NBA talent out there on the floor?

Rabid Cougar
02-27-2011, 12:24 PM
National Championships, NIT Finals, Elite 8's and Final Fours tend to recruit for themselves.

navscanmaster
02-27-2011, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
National Championships, NIT Finals, Elite 8's and Final Fours tend to recruit for themselves.

Of those, Baylor has managed only the NIT finals in 08-09 and the Elite 8 in 09-10. And we weren't alive in the 40's so Bill Henderson's early years don't count to today's athletes. Perry Jones III >>> Ekpe Udoh, and although Tweety Carter is hard to replace, there is no reason that Baylor should be a fringe bubble team fighting for it's NCAA life. Wait there is....Scott Drew is an inept coach with super, one and done type talent on the floor and the #2 ranked player in Isaiah Austin in the fold for 2012 and the #5 ranked player, Quincy Miller, for 2011.

Take off the green shades for a second and look at the talent coming to that private school in Waco. That is the kind of talent that goes to Duke, NC, Ohio St., Georgetown, etc., not Waco, TX, and not for a joke of a coach like Scott Drew.

DavidWooderson
02-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Guess I'm lost here too....Of course I don't pay much attention to Baylor basketball that much so I wouldn't know.

Rabid Cougar
02-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Of those, Baylor has managed only the NIT finals in 08-09 and the Elite 8 in 09-10. And we weren't alive in the 40's so Bill Henderson's early years don't count to today's athletes. Perry Jones III >>> Ekpe Udoh, and although Tweety Carter is hard to replace, there is no reason that Baylor should be a fringe bubble team fighting for it's NCAA life. Wait there is....Scott Drew is an inept coach with super, one and done type talent on the floor and the #2 ranked player in Isaiah Austin in the fold for 2012 and the #5 ranked player, Quincy Miller, for 2011.

Take off the green shades for a second and look at the talent coming to that private school in Waco. That is the kind of talent that goes to Duke, NC, Ohio St., Georgetown, etc., not Waco, TX, and not for a joke of a coach like Scott Drew.

No green shades. A Maroon blooded Aggie. I was also speaking of the girls. He has to be a heck of a recruiter and has a lot to offer with a Baylor education...

big daddy russ
02-28-2011, 12:05 PM

Udoh was a Michigan transfer.

But I see where you're coming from. Still, Drew tends to hold onto kids for three or four years, so it seems from the outside looking in that many of these kids are there for the education.

Granted, the last time a major Texas conference included a truly top tier academic program, Rice was in the SWC. Baylor is quality, but not on the level of a Vandy, Duke, UNC, Cal, Stanford, Virginia, etc. Their science department is the best in the state, but it's not like they're offering an overall Ivy League-quality education. They are, however, offering a fancy-sounding name and that scholarship pays for a $60k/yr school.

navscanmaster
02-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Udoh was a Michigan transfer.

But I see where you're coming from. Still, Drew tends to hold onto kids for three or four years, so it seems from the outside looking in that many of these kids are there for the education.

Granted, the last time a major Texas conference included a truly top tier academic program, Rice was in the SWC. Baylor is quality, but not on the level of a Vandy, Duke, UNC, Cal, Stanford, Virginia, etc. Their science department is the best in the state, but it's not like they're offering an overall Ivy League-quality education. They are, however, offering a fancy-sounding name and that scholarship pays for a $60k/yr school.

It could very well be. Maybe there is a perception that playing for Baylor gets good looks by NBA scouts, and that the education there is superior. Or it could be shady, which is why former coaches and AAU organizers are answering questions right now. With the last NCAA trouble still fresh on the compliance dept's mind, a bad finding could be deadly for the program.

My main problem with the whole thing is that with the talent out there on the floor, Baylor should be 27-1 and had a #1 seed locked up. Not 18-10 and a loss away from NIT.

big daddy russ
02-28-2011, 05:12 PM
It could very well be. Maybe there is a perception that playing for Baylor gets good looks by NBA scouts, and that the education there is superior. Or it could be shady, which is why former coaches and AAU organizers are answering questions right now. With the last NCAA trouble still fresh on the compliance dept's mind, a bad finding could be deadly for the program.

My main problem with the whole thing is that with the talent out there on the floor, Baylor should be 27-1 and had a #1 seed locked up. Not 18-10 and a loss away from NIT.
No doubt. They're probably the most talented team in Texas, though UT plays much better ball.

Daddy D 11
03-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Perry Jones is an elite talent but is so because of his "upside". Read any scouts writings from last year when he was in high school and this year. Read something the other day about how much upside he has written by some espn guy. Jamison Morgan was highly touted at UCLA but then got into all kinds of trouble off the court and on.. he's a lazy SOB. And Stargell Love was like the 90th rated player in the country, not really an elite ready to come in and help immediatley kind of talent. No doubt we are far more talented than we play... that is all hustle to me. Drew lets these guys get away with murder (lol get the joke) it seems like?

But it's not like we are LOADED with actual talent.. half our guys are just tall. That doesn't automatically equate to great, sound basketball players.. which they clearly are not.

All this amazing talent really hasn't even come in yet. Our great talent left last year, and yeah for some reason this year was all hype but we have no point guard play and that is what led us last year.. plus we lost Udoh and he got all our rebounds it feels like lol

after next year if Drew can't win with Quincy Miller and Duece Bellow joining Stargell Love and hopefully Perry Jones... THEN it's truly time to say Drew can't coach.

NastySlot
03-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Baylor has NBA talent.........and have felt all along they are underachieving. I feel that Baylor might just make a good run in the conference tourney and get in the big dance........then if they ever wake up watch out.

have spoken to a few Baylor alum and they enjoy winning but do not like the way the basketball program is being run (mens).

navscanmaster
03-09-2011, 05:58 PM
TTFT.

:D

BaseballUmp
03-09-2011, 05:59 PM
TTFT.

:D

Hmmmmmmm

http://www.kwtx.com/_254sports/headlines/Baylor_Forward_Perry_Jones_Suspended_117679413.htm l

BaseballUmp
03-09-2011, 06:28 PM
It's now official. Baylor forward Perry Jones III has been suspended by the NCAA for a pre-enrollment amateurism violation. His Mom got 3 loans from an AAU coach and a coach paid for Jones to go to a pro football game.

sahen
03-09-2011, 06:46 PM
nm this post...i posted the baylor press release in the next post

sahen
03-09-2011, 06:51 PM
http://www.baylor.edu/pr/news.php?action=story&story=89800

Baylor Freshman Forward Perry Jones III Declared Ineligible For Receiving Pre-Enrollment Benefit
March 9, 2011
Kansas City, Mo. -- Baylor University freshman forward Perry Jones III has been declared ineligible for a pre-enrollment amateurism violation/preferential treatment, school officials announced before the Bears were to take the floor to face Oklahoma in the opening round of the 2011 Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship in Kansas City, Mo., at 6 p.m. Wednesday. This is not considered to be an institutional violation of NCAA rules.

Baylor University was informed of the NCAA's decision on Jones III this afternoon and immediately appealed to have his eligibility reinstated.

"We are profoundly disappointed in the timing and determination in this matter," said Baylor Director of Athletics Ian McCaw. "This outcome appears to be inconsistent with other recent, widely discussed NCAA decisions."

Jones III had no knowledge of three, 15-day loans between his mother and AAU coach that were provided while Jones III was in high school. The loans were repaid in a timely manner, according to interviews conducted by Baylor officials and the NCAA staff. Prior to his enrollment at Baylor, Jones' AAU coach also paid for Jones' travel to a professional pre-season football game in San Diego, Calif.

McCaw indicated that Baylor has been cooperative and transparent in working with the NCAA through this process, and that no Baylor representatives were involved or aware of any preferential treatment between the AAU coach and Jones' family, whose relationship dates to at least the sixth grade.

"Perry is to be commended for being cooperative and forthcoming during this unfortunate process," McCaw said

Jones III, a finalist for the 2011 Wayman Tisdale Award given to the nation's top freshman, earned second-team All-Big 12 honors and leads all Big 12 freshmen in both scoring (13.9 ppg) and field goal percentage (.549).

Baylor and Jones III will have no further comment until his appeal process is completed.

NCAA response to this versus what they did to say the Ohio State kids is interesting to me...

NastySlot
03-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Baylor has NBA talent.........and have felt all along they are underachieving. I feel that Baylor might just make a good run in the conference tourney and get in the big dance........then if they ever wake up watch out.

have spoken to a few Baylor alum and they enjoy winning but do not like the way the basketball program is being run (mens).

boy I was way off and wrong.

sahen
03-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
boy I was way off and wrong.

to be fair when you lose your lottery pick about a half hour before a game tips off its pretty difficult to win a game...that said this year wasn't that great, hopefully they can get it together next year...there seemed to be chemistry probs all year this year and our point guard play really has to improve greatly...

MustangFootball
03-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I had a visual of that scene in The 40 Year Old Virgin...."AHHHHH Kelly Clarkson!!":D

lmao now that's funny.:D