PDA

View Full Version : La Grange-Bellville Double Hitter

hookandladder
02-26-2011, 05:08 PM
La Grange sweeps Bellville in DH, 7-4, 7-6. Pretty decent games with some errors for both teams, Bellville is lacking pitching this year.

XMan
02-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Would that be the same as a double header???????

NastySlot
02-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by XMan

i wasn't much of a double hitter.....but i hit a few.

hookandladder
02-27-2011, 10:24 AM

Yea, does sounds funny. Hey, X-Man I heard your new AD/HC in Bellville has changed the rule about offseason for boys, now your baseball players can workout for baseball only during baseball season. You should be happy, not sure if girls are doing the same but word is the boys get to work on whatever sport they are in at that time. This seems to be case at most small school's and with your new coach coming from a smaller school , looks like you got what you have been wanting. Have to see if it pays off for both football and baseball, guess it just depend how many play both sports.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
La Grange sweeps Bellville in DH, 7-4, 7-6. Pretty decent games with some errors for both teams, Bellville is lacking pitching this year.

Heard bellville was up in both games but let them slip away in the late innings, because of the the lack of bull pen pitching?

XMan
02-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Man, if that is the case it is really fantastic. Ill have to make a few calls and thank the hiring committee. Those guys must be geniuses. Hopefully the Brahmas can turn it around in ALL sports.

YTBulldogs
02-27-2011, 03:51 PM

Get it right hookandlatter. :doh:

Can't wait for the LaGrange Tournament. Some good teams I hear in it.

hookandladder
02-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Heard bellville was up in both games but let them slip away in the late innings, because of the the lack of bull pen pitching?

Game 1, was 4 - 4 after 4 innings. LG's releif pitcher (Wick) shout out Bellville the last 3 innings with LG tacting on a 2 run HR in the bottom of the 6th. Game 2, Bellville was up 6-1 after 4 innings, LG relief pitcher (Vinklarek)came in the 5th inning and shout down Bellville again and also LG scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 7th. Both teams had some errors, LG gave up all 10 runs in the 3rd inning of each game. (4 -game1,6 game 2).

YTBulldogs
02-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Game 1, was 4 - 4 after 4 innings. LG's releif pitcher (Wick) shout out Bellville the last 3 innings with LG tacting on a 2 run HR in the bottom of the 6th. Game 2, Bellville was up 6-1 after 4 innings, LG relief pitcher (Vinklarek)came in the 5th inning and shout down Bellville again and also LG scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 7th. Both teams had some errors, LG gave up all 10 runs in the 3rd inning of each game. (4 -game1,6 game 2).

Those LaGrange RP'ers must have loud voices with all the shouting out they did. We'll wear earplugs when we face ya'll.:D

hookandladder
02-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Those LaGrange RP'ers must have loud voices with all the shouting out they did. We'll wear earplugs when we face ya'll.:D

Dame, you can tell how old I am by my miss-spelling. But you get the picture, if you don't what I am saying who really give's a rat's a_ _ .

YTBulldogs
02-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Dame, you can tell how old I am by my miss-spelling. But you get the picture, if you don't what I am saying who really give's a rat's a_ _ .

Just giving you a hard time bud. It's all good.

hookandladder
02-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Just giving you a hard time bud. It's all good.

Yea, I hear you. Will your boy be on Varsity this year, Yoakum tourney has us playing St. Paul first game in their tourney. Since we ended up playing in the championship, I guess that want us to battle it our early in the tourney.

YTBulldogs
02-27-2011, 08:33 PM
My son don't play baseball. Just football.
My nephew does---and he did make varsity as a soph.

They are pretty good this year. The LaGrange tourney will tell them where they stack up against some of the area's best teams.

They won 2nd this past weekend in Gonzales.

XMan
02-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Im starting to think that some junior high kid hijacked hook and ladders account.

hookandladder
02-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Im starting to think that some junior high kid hijacked hook and ladders account.

My spelling and grammer may be bad but my info. is pretty acurate.

XMan
02-28-2011, 06:44 PM
I agree, its very accurate. I just dont ever remember you having problems like you have had lately. lol