PDA

View Full Version : Please post 2-25-11 Softball Results Here

Phil C
02-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Tonight it was 4A Kingsville 6 Sinton (3A) 5. Sinton actually beat themselves because at least 3 Kingsville scores were due to errors and one was due to a mental mistake. Mental mistakes also probably cost us at least one maybe two runs. Still it was great to see our ace pitcher back and she was hitting well too and hit two in park home runs for us.

The Lady Pirates need to get better as far as errors and mental errors and if they do they will be good. It is early in the season and I expect improvement. Losing is one thing but beating yourself is something else. Kingsville is usually very good 4A school but this is an off year (as I have been told) but they are still fairly good.

Kingsville also won a hard fought JV game 5 to 3.

MustangFootball
02-26-2011, 12:15 AM
ingleside should be at full force tomorrow since losing tonight in the region 4 semi finals to salado in basketball....almost every starter on that basketball team was a starter on last years softball team which were the champs of district 31-3a and lost to needville in the 4th round of the playoffs....ingleside did lose their ace pitcher due to graduation but their outstanding catcher from last year happens to be pretty good pitcher and they are also returning their outstanding short-stop who already signed with louisiana lafayette ragin cajuns who i believe cranked a home-run in all 4 playoff games last year.....should be a fun season go lady Stangs!!!

LeeCoMom
02-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Giddings Lady Buffs win Franklin Tournament

12-0 over Centerville
17-0 over Thorndale
0-1 Madisonville over Giddings
8-0 over Fairfield
13-0 over Madisonville

Played 4A state runner up Magnolia Friday night losing 5-3

87 TIGER
02-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Leecomom, what was the deal in the 0-1 loss to madisonville, looks like domination the second time around

MustangFootball
02-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by MustangFootball
ingleside should be at full force tomorrow since losing tonight in the region 4 semi finals to salado in basketball....almost every starter on that basketball team was a starter on last years softball team which were the champs of district 31-3a and lost to needville in the 4th round of the playoffs....ingleside did lose their ace pitcher due to graduation but their outstanding catcher from last year happens to be pretty good pitcher and they are also returning their outstanding short-stop who already signed with louisiana lafayette ragin cajuns who i believe cranked a home-run in all 4 playoff games last year.....should be a fun season go lady Stangs!!!

WOW!!!!! this is gonna be a long season for the ingleside lady Stangs.....with a team that's stacked with talent and a good chance to repeat as district champs after almost returning their whole team looked horrible saturday against aransas pass, let rephrase that the team look good but the pitching really stunk after graduating their ace pitcher last year they have no one to fill her shoes, they have their outstanding catcher she did good but not great on the mound saturday i could be that she just finished playing basketball friday but the other two pitcher were not good at all.....if they don't fix this problem i don't see ingleside even making the playoffs and thats sad cause they are loaded with talent.

Phil C
02-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by MustangFootball
WOW!!!!! this is gonna be a long season for the ingleside lady Stangs.....with a team that's stacked with talent and a good chance to repeat as district champs after almost returning their whole team looked horrible saturday against aransas pass, let rephrase that the team look good but the pitching really stunk after graduating their ace pitcher last year they have no one to fill her shoes, they have their outstanding catcher she did good but not great on the mound saturday i could be that she just finished playing basketball friday but the other two pitcher were not good at all.....if they don't fix this problem i don't see ingleside even making the playoffs and thats sad cause they are loaded with talent.

They are more rusty than most teams because of the great long basketball season. I am sure they will have it together soon.

LeeCoMom
03-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Leecomom, what was the deal in the 0-1 loss to madisonville, looks like domination the second time around

We just couldn't seem to get our bats going that game and left too many on base. The run was unearned and we just looked sluggish. It was literally the first day back for our basketball girls, who account for 4 starters and all but 1 in the top of our lineup. But you're right, they came back strong in the championship.

87 TIGER
03-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Just wondering, I was shocked to hear of the 1-0 loss. Good luck I guess will see you pretty soon.

LeeCoMom
03-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Giddings over Gonzales 16-0

pirate4state
03-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Sinton 3 Victoria East 11

Up this weekend is Mira's annual Bayfront Bash.