PDA

View Full Version : Deep trouble

orange machine
02-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Saudi Arabia is now starting to revolt and fight the global economy is about to get alot worse. Remember what I was speaking about a few weeks ago in scripture that's all I will say!

Old Tiger
02-25-2011, 02:03 PM
$3.50+ gas prices here we come!

DDBooger
02-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
$3.50+ gas prices here we come! If it is Saudia Arabia, we're talking 5+

Old Tiger
02-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
If it is Saudia Arabia, we're talking 5+ Regardess it sucks

Ernest T Bass
02-25-2011, 02:44 PM
I can't find anything on the Saudis revolting.

SintonFan
02-25-2011, 02:47 PM
If it is Saudia Arabia, we're talking 5+

Try 10+...

BILLYFRED0000
02-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Try 10+...

Anybody want to start a pool. I say 200 dollars a barrel is possible. And about 7.50 a gallon.

DDBooger
02-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Try 10+... It's possible. Though SA has serious hardware. It would take Iranian help to unseat them and lets not beat around the bush, we'd intervene.

Ernest T Bass
02-25-2011, 02:51 PM
DD, if that happens, we may be looking at WWIII.

Tx Challenge
02-25-2011, 02:52 PM
I left Los Angeles on Monday and gas was already $3.60 Not looking forward to the jump when I get back Sunday.

Bet the nation hits all time highs by May and it keeps going.

DDBooger
02-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
DD, if that happens, we may be looking at WWIII. Possible, but their is no super power coming in on the people's side. Iran would think about it, but if it gets down to that, we'll park 3-4 Carriers in the Gulf waiting for provocation. They may silkworm one cruiser, but then we'd essentially destroy Iran's infrastructure in a few days. Conventional war is out of the question. They're not that stupid. This would be internal and from within cities.

DDBooger
02-25-2011, 02:55 PM
The real trump card is how would Iraq react. If the shia rise up and create chaos. We'd be pinned in Iraq. That is likely how Iran would play it. Any strike on Iran would unify its people. We have to hope that they overthrow their leaders faster than SA overthrows its king.

DavidWooderson
02-25-2011, 02:57 PM
As long as in Obama's in office we won't do crap. He's too busy making friends and not wanting to piss anyone off.

Drill Alaska, let's get our own oil and move on.

RoyceTTU
02-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
I left Los Angeles on Monday and gas was already $3.60 Not looking forward to the jump when I get back Sunday.

Bet the nation hits all time highs by May and it keeps going.

That's cheap. I was in San Fran, and filled the rental up with 4.19. Ouch

DDBooger
02-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
As long as in Obama's in office we won't do crap. He's too busy making friends and not wanting to piss anyone off.
Dynamite understanding of anything geopolitical lol. considering he has outpaced drone strikes in number and places than his predecessor, he actually has a higher body count. I'm not exactly happy about that, as lots of friendlies have paid the price, he isn't just sitting on his hands. A lot of what happens overseas is often not spoken about or even known. But please, explain what he should do in these scenarios if you have a better idea. Send more men into the grinder? Maybe you should join up and lead the charge.

Ernest T Bass
02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
I still can't find anything on Saudi unrest.

DDBooger
02-25-2011, 03:13 PM
I still can't find anything on Saudi unrest. Read this yesterday
http://www.businessinsider.com/charles-krauthammer-all-hell-could-break-loose-in-the-middle-east-after-march-11-2011-2?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialfanpage

Krauthammer isn't always reliable on foreign diplomacy, in fact he's made some bad calls, but this is something to think about.

BaseballUmp
02-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Viva La Revolucion

Old Tiger
02-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Viva La Revolucion He's too busy watering dirt this time of year.

orange machine
02-25-2011, 03:16 PM
I still can't find anything on Saudi unrest.

I saw it it on Fox news about an hour and half ago.

Old Tiger
02-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I saw it it on Fox news about an hour and half ago. Was it reported news or news being made?

Ernest T Bass
02-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Read this yesterday
http://www.businessinsider.com/charles-krauthammer-all-hell-could-break-loose-in-the-middle-east-after-march-11-2011-2?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialfanpage

Krauthammer isn't always reliable on foreign diplomacy, in fact he's made some bad calls, but this is something to think about.

It also says there isn't much unrest in SA. I think Saudis have it pretty good. Nothing for them to be upset about.
But, if it does happen, and we intervene(we'd have to), I can definitely see an Arab world vs the US scenario; and that ain't good.

DDBooger
02-25-2011, 03:23 PM
It also says there isn't much unrest in SA. I think Saudis have it pretty good. Nothing for them to be upset about.
But, if it does happen, and we intervene(we'd have to), I can definitely see an Arab world vs the US scenario; and that ain't good. Yeah, Saudi's are brutal and they have our backing. They should be okay. If anything some of the money they siphon off to radical fundamentalists will now go to the people in need.

Emerson1
02-25-2011, 03:26 PM

Ernest T Bass
02-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah, Saudi's are brutal and they have our backing. They should be okay. If anything some of the money they siphon off to radical fundamentalists will now go to the people in need.

But, correct me if Im wrong, but quality of life in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya ain't exactly stellar, right? But quality of life in SA is pretty good. So, other than copycats, no real reason for an uprising in SA.

DDBooger
02-25-2011, 03:37 PM
But, correct me if Im wrong, but quality of life in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya ain't exactly stellar, right? But quality of life in SA is pretty good. So, other than copycats, no real reason for an uprising in SA. Overall, their standard of living is better. Yet they have a pretty big angst about living in a Kingdom. Though, what has always assuaged them was the decent standard of living. They too have access to modernity and want some of it. They unfortunately have strong religious enforcers that brutalize women, still, and even men who don't recognize the proper norms. They are afraid that if they overthrow their monarch, the vacuum will be filled by those people. GREAT doc made by Lawrence Wright shown on HBO. Knowing you like this stuff like me, you'll love it.
http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/my-trip-to-al-qaeda/index.html#/documentaries/my-trip-to-al-qaeda/video/trailer.html/eNrjcmbO0CzLTEnNd8xLzKksyUx2zs8rSa0oUc-PSYEJBSSmp-ol5qYyFzLnszECoXRiaUl+QU5ipW1JUWkqJyMjAG2-Fzg=

orange machine
02-25-2011, 04:54 PM
What i saw on fox where a bunch of people screaming yelling and throwing things in Suadi Arabia then Charles Kruathammer talking about what will happen if it gets worse.

garciap77
02-26-2011, 12:30 AM
2012:(

LH_Tuff
02-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
I saw it it on Fox news about an hour and half ago.

Well, there you go. :rolleyes: :doh: