:doh:

jason
02-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6155166

I thought the TCU meant

texas CHRISTIAN university

lol...and nobody at baylor, a baptist university, dances at clubs or drinks alcohol...

RoyceTTU
02-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by jason
lol...and nobody at baylor, a baptist university, dances at clubs or drinks alcohol...

Don't know, I went to Tech where all the other hethens go

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0811/campus.college.superfans.week.10/images/AP081101023810.jpg

Ernest T Bass
02-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by jason

Nah, Baylor sticks to covering up murders.

Emerson1
02-25-2011, 09:42 AM
The alleged incident occurred in a campus dormitory on Oct. 13, 2006. Jones, Taylor and basketball player Shannon Behling were indicted on sexual assault charges and expelled from the university for violating a policy against inflicting bodily injury or emotional harm.

More than a year later, the Tarrant County district attorney's office dropped the charges against the three athletes. Prosecutors have repeatedly declined to disclose a reason for their decision.

Sounds like she just wants a pay day.

rholl
02-25-2011, 09:53 AM
WOW Emerson!!!!! A college girl is sexually assaulted and your worried about paydays!!!!

RoyceTTU
02-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The alleged incident occurred in a campus dormitory on Oct. 13, 2006. Jones, Taylor and basketball player Shannon Behling were indicted on sexual assault charges and expelled from the university for violating a policy against inflicting bodily injury or emotional harm.

More than a year later, the Tarrant County district attorney's office dropped the charges against the three athletes. Prosecutors have repeatedly declined to disclose a reason for their decision.

Sounds like she just wants a pay day.

Normally I would agree except when talking about a rape victim.

She could be wanting justice, it's not uncommon at all for rape victims to come back months/years later once they settle their nerves and feel safe again to try to put away something that has been hanging over there head.

Here are a couple of quote why I think this way

E-mails recently obtained by the AP show the woman agreed not to move forward after the lead prosecutor informed her that the case would be difficult to win.

"Once the incident that is the basis of this lawsuit came to the attention of TCU officials, TCU's response was immediate and forcible. The three students involved were immediately removed and ultimately expelled from the university.

RoyceTTU
02-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by rholl
WOW Emerson!!!!! A college girl is sexually assaulted and your worried about paydays!!!!

+1

PPHSfan
02-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Gonna have a hard time winning this one unless the "criminal histories" turn out to be felonies that the school was aware of, and even then it would be tough. The school expelled them on her word.

DavidWooderson
02-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Cowboys haven't won crap since the White House closed down.

Matthew328
02-25-2011, 11:25 AM
It's a bad incident, but its hard for me to get riled up about something that happened nearly five years ago

Phil C
02-25-2011, 12:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6155166

I thought the TCU meant

texas CHRISTIAN university

Royce I admire the Christian Church.

Phil C
02-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Nah, Baylor sticks to covering up murders.

Ernest I admirae the Baptist Church

One thing a Baptist will NEVER do is drink alcoholic beverages. I respect that.

mlb04stangs
02-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Theres bad people everywhere. And just be cause its a Christian school doesn't mean that everyone that goes there is a Christian. Their just like any other school they need good players to win not good people. And as far as the academics goes I went to high school with a guy that most of u probably remember as "Bootsy" and not b mean but he couldn't read and barley could write had to have a tutor all the time to help him do the simplest and made around a 13 or so on the ACT , or which ever one, and got in there easier than I could have. So now u know they look for the biggest, fastest player they can find whatever else he does in just extra baggage they can sweep under the rug as just being a kid.

Old Tiger
02-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Some say rape....others say girl taking advantage of an athlete and she had her heart broken.

Pendragon13
02-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Ernest I admirae the Baptist Church

One thing a Baptist will NEVER do is drink alcoholic beverages. I respect that. Yep, and Muslims are peaceful since Islam forbids murder.:)

BaseballUmp
02-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Some say rape....others say girl taking advantage of an athlete and she had her heart broken.

And others say she got herpes so bad she had to go to the hospital and was pissed

Saggy Aggie
02-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
And others say she got herpes so bad she had to go to the hospital and was pissed lmao

Matthew328
03-02-2011, 09:26 AM
If you are gonna bring the bad up, you gotta let me bring the good up. LOL

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/the_bonus/02/27/cfb.crime/index.html

TCU was the only school in the pre-season top 25 to not have single player with a criminal history

RoyceTTU
03-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
If you are gonna bring the bad up, you gotta let me bring the good up. LOL

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/the_bonus/02/27/cfb.crime/index.html

TCU was the only school in the pre-season top 25 to not have single player with a criminal history

It's because they have released these students. But they didn't release them until the University got caught.

Either way, better late than never. It's never too late to make something wrong, Right.

Matthew328
03-02-2011, 10:31 AM
It's because they have released these students. But they didn't release them until the University got caught.

Either way, better late than never. It's never too late to make something wrong, Right.

You do realize those kids eligibilty was up in 2007 right?

RoyceTTU
03-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
You do realize those kids eligibilty was up in 2007 right?

That's my fault :doh:

I was going off of this quote by memory

"Once the incident that is the basis of this lawsuit came to the attention of TCU officials, TCU's response was immediate and forcible. The three students involved were immediately removed and ultimately expelled from the university. The university also provided appropriate care and support to the female student through its victim's advocacy program and cooperated with the local authorities."

I should of re-read it before responding.

Either way, it's really something to be proud of. It's appauling some of these schools.