PDA

View Full Version : 23 3-a football.....

trojandad
02-24-2011, 05:54 PM
anybody watched their workouts in that district to see how they look? the word i got was that navasota is going to have to reload quite a bit......any thoughts on caldwell bouncing back, or rockport?? more than just homering......:D

MustangFootball
02-24-2011, 07:53 PM
rockport should do ok they lost a lot of starters but the are the biggest 3a team in the state they hold over 40 players on their roster and they are losing 19 seniors which is less than half plus they are returning their starting QB which is very good, i believe they will finish fighting with mathis for that third playoff spot in district 30-3A.

Dogman_1969
02-25-2011, 08:14 AM
I think you meant Rockdale and not Rockport. Rockdale has a very small enrollment somewhere around 525 or so.

hookandladder
02-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
I think you meant Rockdale and not Rockport. Rockdale has a very small enrollment somewhere around 525 or so.

Don't let the small enrollment fool you, with what they have coming back I look for them to be very solid.Definitely playoff team.

87 TIGER
02-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Got some info on football #'s Looks like about 128 coming out next year which is way up we are normally around 90-100. This due to a large incoming fresh and a large soph class both are around 40 kids.

trojandad
02-25-2011, 10:16 AM
my bad, just made a trip back from rockport and had that name on the brain.....

1st and goal
03-01-2011, 08:03 PM
I think Giddings will be back with the majority of their talent. Yes, we lost some but we have great new talent that already has varsity experience at RB and O and D lines.

Yoe_09
03-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Navasota and Rockdale should have good teams next year. Giddings will probably end up 3rd. I do no see Caldwell making it.

navscanmaster
03-01-2011, 10:19 PM
With Fedora still at the helm, the Rattlers should be in the running for the district title, and a sure playoff team. No doubt, they will have a lot of work to do developing the young talent that will be moving up from JV. There are some good players coming up at the skill positions, and this year will be better in the trenches since a lot of underclassmen started on the lines in 2010.

hookandladder
03-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Navasota and Rockdale should have good teams next year. Giddings will probably end up 3rd. I do no see Caldwell making it.

I feel La Grange will give these three team's a good run for their money, this will be our second year under our new coaching staff. Have some quailty players back from last year with a strong JV group moving up to Varsity.

fanofthegame
03-02-2011, 09:35 AM
1st and goal....you might want to look at your line up from last year for the o line....the type of offense that you run, your tight end is just another tackle that moves to the strong side of the ball. that means that you have 6 offensive linemen. your are losing 4 of them to gradu. one of the remaining linemen is prob. going to move to the other side of the ball, soooo your o line is going to need some work. just a fan's point of view. as for as lagrange, ive seem them play in 3 games last year, and each game they were getting all the pieces together. caldwell is going to be down. rockdale is going to make some noise, as with navasota. and sorry, but smithville is smithville.

UPanIN
03-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
With Fedora still at the helm, the Rattlers should be in the running for the district title, and a sure playoff team. No doubt, they will have a lot of work to do developing the young talent that will be moving up from JV. There are some good players coming up at the skill positions, and this year will be better in the trenches since a lot of underclassmen started on the lines in 2010.

Fedora has applied for the Consol job.

http://www.brazossports.com/football/Fedora--Kavanaugh--Huff-interview-for-Consol-football-job