PDA

View Full Version : Anybody worried

orange machine
02-24-2011, 03:37 PM
About the gas prices by football season? If things don't change gas could be over 4 dollars a gallon with the yellow dog fuel being even more. What do y'all think?

Phil C
02-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
About the gas prices by football season? If things don't change gas could be over 4 dollars a gallon with the yellow dog fuel being even more. What do y'all think?

I'm very worried! Holy Chihuahua! :(

CenTexSports
02-24-2011, 03:44 PM
I respect the Buddist religion but I thought it was Holy Cow!

orange machine
02-24-2011, 05:50 PM
3.29 a gallon now

Saggy Aggie
02-24-2011, 05:54 PM
About the gas prices by football season? If things don't change gas could be over 4 dollars a gallon with the yellow dog fuel being even more. What do y'all think? gas prices here in cs have remained pretty constant? I haven't seen more than a .10 change in several months?

Emerson1
02-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
gas prices here in cs have remained pretty constant? I haven't seen more than a .10 change in several months?
Are you asking us?

Saggy Aggie
02-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Are you asking us? No, I'm just confused at what he's talking about.... "if things dont change"

Cam
02-24-2011, 06:27 PM

If gas gets that high, I'm a dead man! Drive 120 miles round trip to work everyday. (Burnet to Austin) My 2008 Civic already has 102K!

YTBulldogs
02-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I'm worried why that fool in the Whitehouse don't drill here at home.

$4 this fall will be the cheap side. $6 more like it.

Lord our country is going down the tubes quick. Come on Nov 2012, time for a real CHANGE.

poisoned10
02-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Gas is $3.19 here.

A buddy of mine that works in the oil field says gas here is supposed to jump up to $3.50 by tomorrow!

Time to bust out the bicycle.

Sweetwater Red
02-24-2011, 07:25 PM

Nope not me. Of course I don't blow my money on useless things like lift kits.

Sweetwater's schedule is travel friendly. Two trips to Midland and one to Levelland. Snyder and
Wylie are the other two away games. So, I don't think the SISD will have a problem covering
the fuel cost for the yellow dogs.

Phil C
02-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Now I may have to walk the six blocks to the home football games instead of coming in my car! :(

Ernest T Bass
02-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Diesel has gone up 32 cents a gallon in two days. Gasoline up 39 cents.

eagles_victory
02-24-2011, 08:42 PM
I was complaining at work today about how it had gone up to 3.16 when I came home it was 3.28.

garciap77
02-24-2011, 08:49 PM

I heard a rumor that some schools will not be playing football(sports)!:(

garciap77
02-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Yeah, I'm worried why that fool in the Whitehouse don't drill here at home.

$4 this fall will be the cheap side. $6 more like it.

Lord our country is going down the tubes quick. Come on Nov 2012, time for a real CHANGE.

I give up! I don't think it matters who is in the White House, this train wreck has been coming for some time!:(

YTBulldogs
02-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I give up! I don't think it matters who is in the White House, this train wreck has been coming for some time!:(

Totally agree, but spending more money than all the other President's combined in our history, is amazing in only 2 freaking years.

We should be ashamed placing our kids and theirs in this position.

I want a prez regardless of party that will only spend the amount we collect and not a penny over. This BS has to stop and we have to take our country back.

Ernest T Bass
02-24-2011, 09:20 PM
I think the biggest change you will see is the end of mid-week tournaments. Subs are expensive, so I think you'll see an end to any athletic event that takes coaches out of the classroom.

garciap77
02-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Totally agree, but spending more money than all the other President's combined in our history, is amazing in only 2 freaking years.

We should be ashamed placing our kids and theirs in this position.

I want a prez regardless of party that will only spend the amount we collect and not a penny over. This BS has to stop and we have to take our country back.

I could be wrong, but IMO Corporate America runs this country! They tell our elected officials what to do!

And I agree with you that we should not spend more than we collect in taxes. But, this has been happening forever and now all of a sudden they want to stop it all at once.

coach
02-24-2011, 09:31 PM
it's ok we will all be dead in 2012 anyways

Ernest T Bass
02-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by coach

Honestly, with what's happening in the middle east, Im starting to wonder...:thinking:

garciap77
02-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by coach

That's another reason to drill baby drill, and spend baby spend. And don't forget to buy all the ammo you can afford, to protect you home and your family! :eek: :eek: :eek:

P.S. Could Orange Machine’s tuck be like Noah’s Arch? And he is not telling us! :eek:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/photo1.jpg

;)

YTBulldogs
02-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
now all of a sudden they want to stop it all at once.

It's gotta stop. China wants their payback one day. Or, we will break them too with our bumming from them.

Nothing worse then knowing you owe someone. Makes me nauseated.

garciap77
02-24-2011, 10:11 PM
It's gotta stop. China wants their payback one day. Or, we will break them too with our bumming from them.

Nothing worse then knowing you owe someone. Makes me nauseated.

I know what you mean. I have not owed anyone since 2000. And it feels great.

44INAROW
02-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
No, I'm just confused at what he's talking about.... "if things dont change"
I don't have any idea about other places (ie College Station) but I got gas in Cuero Monday, last week - $2.69 - today it is $3.19 that is a big jump in my opinion........... I think it was $2.99 over the weekend and $3.09 Tuesday - went to $3.19 today.. yikes...:doh:

YTBulldogs
02-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I don't have any idea about other places (ie College Station) but I got gas in Cuero Monday, last week - $2.69 - today it is $3.19 that is a big jump in my opinion........... I think it was $2.99 over the weekend and $3.09 Tuesday - went to $3.19 today.. yikes...:doh:

I'll have to fill up in Cuero then 44 tomorrow. Higher here. :confused:

44INAROW
02-25-2011, 09:26 AM
I'll have to fill up in Cuero then 44 tomorrow. Higher here. :confused:
it is $3.25 this morning......... went up after the baseball game last night :mad:

Farmersfan
02-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Out of all the problems we are having in this country these days I think the price of gas should be the LEAST of our worries! Gasoline is almost the only consumer product that has been resistant to inflation and yet an increase in gas prices creates the most public outcry. Why is that? Here is a link to a gas price chart that adjusts the price for inflation. At it's highest price point it just barely breaks the inflation barrier and gets to where it should be based on a comparison to all other goods and services around the country. The problem IMHO is that we have glutted our existence with the use of gasoline. Too much commuting in too many big ineffiecent SUVs. 4.00 a gal gasoline would not even raise a eyebrow for most people if it weren't for the fact that they use 50 gals (or more) of it a week........ Have any of you priced a gal of milk lately? The price of beef went through the roof and guess what most people did? They stopped eating beef altogether or greatly reduced their beef eating habit. The increase in prices of tobacco products prompted many people to stop using the products or cut way back. Two years ago we had the biggest price increase for gasoline this country has ever seen and it almost destroyed us yet it hardly impacted our usage habits at all. Big SUVs and long commutes to work are still the norm!

Things are going to get a lot worst before most Americans finally wake up. Ok, I'm off my soapbox now............:D

http://www.inflationdata.com/inflation/images/charts/Oil/Gasoline_inflation_chart.htm

Ernest T Bass
02-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Out of all the problems we are having in this country these days I think the price of gas should be the LEAST of our worries! Gasoline is almost the only consumer product that has been resistant to inflation and yet an increase in gas prices creates the most public outcry. Why is that? Here is a link to a gas price chart that adjusts the price for inflation. At it's highest price point it just barely breaks the inflation barrier and gets to where it should be based on a comparison to all other goods and services around the country. The problem IMHO is that we have glutted our existence with the use of gasoline. Too much commuting in too many big ineffiecent SUVs. 4.00 a gal gasoline would not even raise a eyebrow for most people if it weren't for the fact that they use 50 gals (or more) of it a week........ Have any of you priced a gal of milk lately? The price of beef went through the roof and guess what most people did? They stopped eating beef altogether or greatly reduced their beef eating habit. The increase in prices of tobacco products prompted many people to stop using the products or cut way back. Two years ago we had the biggest price increase for gasoline this country has ever seen and it almost destroyed us yet it hardly impacted our usage habits at all. Big SUVs and long commutes to work are still the norm!

Things are going to get a lot worst before most Americans finally wake up. Ok, I'm off my soapbox now............:D

http://www.inflationdata.com/inflation/images/charts/Oil/Gasoline_inflation_chart.htm

It's a big deal b/c we really don't have a choice whether or not we want to buy it. We don't have to buy beef or milk, but gasoline is a necessity. The lack of inflation in gas was probably the biggest reason for the growth this country experienced. That growth is going to come to a screetching halt if it's not brought under control.

Farmersfan
02-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
It's a big deal b/c we really don't have a choice whether or not we want to buy it. We don't have to buy beef or milk, but gasoline is a necessity. The lack of inflation in gas was probably the biggest reason for the growth this country experienced. That growth is going to come to a screetching halt if it's not brought under control.

But you do have a choice as to how much you have to buy! Just like you don't have a choice to purchasing food. When the food you like gets too high you purchase a cheaper food or you purchase less of it. It's called adjusting your buying habits. The same applies to gasoline. We must have gasoline because our infrastructure is based on it. But does a family of 2 adults and 3 kids really need 4 or 5 automobiles? 75% of all high school kids drive their own vehicle to school instead of taking the bus. Even a lot of husband/wife teams in this country take seperate vehicles when going to exact same place. Car pools are viewed as a inconvience by most people and even with the addition of HOV lanes on the highways people still resist car pools. I'm just as guilty as everyone else is. I chose to drive a 4X4 truck that gets 10mpg at best. But my commute is 8 blocks!
We did this to ourselves but as is the norm in this country we are screaming for the Government to fix it!!! Get smaller but fix everything!!!!!!!

Ernest T Bass
02-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
But you do have a choice as to how much you have to buy! Just like you don't have a choice to purchasing food. When the food you like gets too high you purchase a cheaper food or you purchase less of it. It's called adjusting your buying habits. The same applies to gasoline. We must have gasoline because our infrastructure is based on it. But does a family of 2 adults and 3 kids really need 4 or 5 automobiles? 75% of all high school kids drive their own vehicle to school instead of taking the bus. Even a lot of husband/wife teams in this country take seperate vehicles when going to exact same place. Car pools are viewed as a inconvience by most people and even with the addition of HOV lanes on the highways people still resist car pools. I'm just as guilty as everyone else is. I chose to drive a 4X4 truck that gets 10mpg at best. But my commute is 8 blocks!
We did this to ourselves but as is the norm in this country we are screaming for the Government to fix it!!! Get smaller but fix everything!!!!!!!

I drive a 3/4 ton diesel, that's paid for. So, I can keep it and spend $500 a month on fuel, or I can trade it in and spend $600 a month on a car payment AND fuel(and another $100 or so to rent a 3/4 ton truck when I have to have one). Either way, there's a HUGE chunk of my disposible income that's no longer disposible. Money that could be going back into the economy.