PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Dr For a Man Checkup

Matthew328
02-24-2011, 12:59 PM
This will be my first one so I'm a little nervous....not real excited about being diddled with down there.....am I just being a big baby on this?

SintonFan
02-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Nah...

just remember that you can never cough hard enough the first time. Ever.

If he asks to check your oil... RUN!

I get my checkup next week.

RoyceTTU
02-24-2011, 01:02 PM
I should probably know this, but at what age should a man start getting checked? I'm 30 now.

SintonFan
02-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I should probably know this, but at what age should a man start getting checked? I'm 30 now.

Now.

Mine is mandated by law. CDL...

Black_Magic
02-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
This will be my first one so I'm a little nervous....not real excited about being diddled with down there.....am I just being a big baby on this? Just dont give any information on family history. It could lead to them checking for things you regret:rolleyes:

Matthew328
02-24-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm 31 so my wife has been on me about it for a while now. I heard about that guy who coached at Frisco Centennial who dies at 35 because of colon cancer so it kinda scared me

RoyceTTU
02-24-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm 31 so my wife has been on me about it for a while now. I heard about that guy who coached at Frisco Centennial who dies at 35 because of colon cancer so it kinda scared me

:thinking: :thinking: Do you think we can get a 2-for-1 special, I promise I won't peek, I'll guard the door for you if you'll do the same:doh:

Black_Magic
02-24-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm 31 so my wife has been on me about it for a while now. I heard about that guy who coached at Frisco Centennial who dies at 35 because of colon cancer so it kinda scared me make sure and tell the doctor that scared you. Tell him your concerned about colon cancer..

Ernest T Bass
02-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
make sure and tell the doctor that scared you. Tell him your concerned about colon cancer..

Yes, tell him you are VERY concerned about that.

Cam
02-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Just remember, if he sticks one finger in, takes it out, and puts a different finger in, he's just gettin' a second opinion! ....(old joke)

This reminds me of a very true story...an engineer I worked with (last name was Gargulak so I'll call him Gargo). Anyway, he went for a prostrate exam for the very first time. So, the next day, about 5 of us were hearing his story. I decided to ask him, "So Gargo, what's the very first thing you did the moment that finger went in?".....Gargo, without hesitation, said, "Well hell, I started pumping back and forth!" We all blasted out laughin' cause he really was a shy fellow.....

Blastoderm55
02-24-2011, 01:24 PM
I felt awkward, to say the least, when I had my last checkup. It was the first time getting my boys looked at. I wasn't sure what do with the, um, other part, so I just let it hang there. Was that impolite? Should I have held it up so as to not hang in the way of the jewels? :confused: And my first cough was more a laugh than a cough.

Gsquared
02-24-2011, 01:32 PM
If your privates move while he is doing it, that means your gay and you didnt know it. Fight it and fight it hard.

sahen
02-24-2011, 01:34 PM
i thought 50 was the normal age for a colon exam unless if you have family history or reason to believe you are having trouble?

prostate exam aint that bad it is just one of the most awkward experiences of your life...hope your doc has small hands...

Gsquared
02-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i thought 50 was the normal age for a colon exam unless if you have family history or reason to believe you are having trouble?

prostate exam aint that bad it is just one of the most awkward experiences of your life...hope your doc has small hands...
Or atleast not as big as PPHS's hands. Talkin about uncomfortable pain!

Ernest T Bass
02-24-2011, 01:36 PM

G2's doc must have 3 hands, b/c he told he does it with a hand on each shoulder.

RoyceTTU
02-24-2011, 01:36 PM
http://th601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/descarla/th_Peter_prostate_exam_family_guy.jpg

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xHKTE75dgE4)

bobcat1
02-24-2011, 01:38 PM
My Doctor for that is a small Asian Lady with small hands. I still hate it but it is necessary. My sister in law has anal cancer right now and it is not anything I would wish on another human being. Well maybe a few..........

Gsquared
02-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
G2's doc must have 3 hands, b/c he told he does it with a hand on each shoulder.
Yep and I think he has respiratory problems too because he is always breathin real hard.

underware
02-24-2011, 02:02 PM
I am 41 and my Dr has been checking me for the past couple of years now. I go once a year for a "Man" exam....Everything from the front to the back....to sugar....Blood pressure....a lot of blood work....I have a bad medical history in my family on both sides, so it is necessary. It's not as bad as you think. Beside...I have a female Doctor and she gave me some really good advice. "While I push in....you push out!" Believe me, it helps!...Every March here....

garciap77
02-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
If your privates move while he is doing it, that means your gay and you didnt know it. Fight it and fight it hard.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
02-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
My Doctor for that is a small Asian Lady with small hands. I still hate it but it is necessary. My sister in law has anal cancer right now and it is not anything I would wish on another human being. Well maybe a few..........

:D

RoyceTTU
02-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by underware
"While I push in....you push out!" Believe me, it helps

:eek: :eek: :eek: Does you wife know about this?:D :D

BaseballUmp
02-24-2011, 02:14 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Does you wife know about this?:D :D
That's how RM get's her sleep...wait what???:eek: :eek: :eek:

44INAROW
02-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Ladies... should we tell them out OUR exams??? :) Seriously guys - the colonoscopy and prostate exams are very important.. hope everything goes off without a hitch Matthew

FB-fanatic
02-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Hits a little close to home. Diagnosed with colon cancer 1 1/2 years ago at age 46. Removed tumor the size of a coke can and 4-foot of colon. One year checkup in December showed no signs of cancer and am cancer free; for now, and hopefully forever.

Any advice I have is documented in a blog I put together to keep family and friends updated. You have to read it backwards to make since:

Bill's blog (http://billandmary.wordpress.com/2009/07/25/a-little-advice/)

sahen
02-24-2011, 04:43 PM
seriously, what is the recommended age for a colonoscopy for someone without any family history of colon cancer? 50 right?

i think if you have a family history of it then they recommend 30?

ccmom
02-24-2011, 05:02 PM
This will be my first one so I'm a little nervous....not real excited about being diddled with down there.....am I just being a big baby on this?

Yes, you are being a baby! Females have to start getting "personal" checkups in their late teens...sometimes earlier.

Suck it up! :rolleyes:

Ok...maybe that was a bad choice of words! ;)

lostaussie
02-24-2011, 05:09 PM
I should probably know this, but at what age should a man start getting checked? I'm 30 now. 29:D

Saggy Aggie
02-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
G2's doc must have 3 hands, b/c he told he does it with a hand on each shoulder. :spitlol: :spitlol:

nobogey72
02-24-2011, 05:22 PM
I remember the first time for me. It made me a little nervous when the Dr. lit some candles, and put on a Barry Manilow CD.:eek: The next time I had to go see him he asked why I hadn't called or written. I like my new dr alot better.:)

bag-o-chips
02-24-2011, 05:33 PM

Dang, I hope he ain't using his hands and only just a finger! Don't think he needs to be mining down there!:eek:

PPHSfan
02-24-2011, 05:46 PM
I have to admit. When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you had done something you might have thought was unmanly, and were headed in to get your boys checked.

You know, like watching soccer, or eating bon bons.

TheDOCTORdre
02-24-2011, 09:34 PM
I just want to clarify that Matt isn't visiting this doctor for his appointment

LH Panther Mom
02-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Ladies... should we tell them out OUR exams??? :)
No joke!

Be thankful that your "boys" aren't getting smashed! :devil: