PDA

View Full Version : longhorn logo, aggie maroon....

trojandad
02-24-2011, 11:25 AM
i have a concept i developed to have a hat made with the longhorn logo on an a&m colored hat....i had a friend in the business make a prototype but he's out of the business now....none of the bcs printers will do the hat as they have to pay royalty to UT....

maybe i should go to austin and see if anyone there is game to do it....

BaseballUmp
02-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Yea I doubt you will find it or many that will make it. Me and a group of other guys were going to make some columbia fishing shirts with the Texas State SuperCat logo on the chest, but nobody would embroider them because it was trademarked.

Pendragon13
02-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Who would wear such an abomination?:confused:

BreckTxLonghorn
02-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
i have a concept i developed to have a hat made with the longhorn logo on an a&m colored hat....i had a friend in the business make a prototype but he's out of the business now....none of the bcs printers will do the hat as they have to pay royalty to UT....

Even if someone does, once word gets out, UTexas request appropriated funds for back use of the logo. They're very stringent and thorough on this ever since they got the logo trademarked. If you really wanted to do it, I would find a contact through the University and go through them first. You don't want to get forced to pay back royalties.

trojandad
02-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Who would wear such an abomination?:confused:

everyone in bcs that sees my hat asks me where i got it, its a great hat design....

copyrighting fees are paid with an annual ascap fee or thru any other authorizing group, then they pay UT, thats not the problem, the local printers i go to just can't stand the thought of paying UT a penny for anything, even if it's a hat that's pro a&m......i never thought it'd be this tough to find someone to get them printed......still think going to austin is my answer.....maybe they're more into making a buck.....lol

BaseballUmp
02-24-2011, 05:51 PM
everyone in bcs that sees my hat asks me where i got it, its a great hat design....

copyrighting fees are paid with an annual ascap fee or thru any other authorizing group, then they pay UT, thats not the problem, the local printers i go to just can't stand the thought of paying UT a penny for anything, even if it's a hat that's pro a&m......i never thought it'd be this tough to find someone to get them printed......still think going to austin is my answer.....maybe they're more into making a buck.....lol

Keep Austin Weird

mac77
02-26-2011, 11:02 AM

Lamar Consolidated has a new school called Reading Jr High. Mascot is a Longhorn and the school colors are maroon and white. Logo looks just like UT except it's maroon.School feeds into the new George Ranch HS. The historic George Ranch has a registered longhorn operation so I guess this is where it comes from. Must have been a T-sipper and an Aggie in on this deal.

Old Tiger
02-27-2011, 10:57 AM
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

buffalo2006
02-27-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm coaching at George Ranch...My wife is a Longhorn fan and I like the Ags. So when I gave her a maroon shirt she looked weird, because I had never seen her in maroon. But we don't have the exact TU logo, the horns are alittle different. We have a pretty good looking future out here.

Bull Butter
02-27-2011, 11:22 PM
Agua Dulce (1A) is also Longhorns and Maroon

trojandad
02-28-2011, 12:29 AM
so is tarkington.....we just do a little something different with the horn......its fun......i'll put a pic out here as soon as we get some printed......

oldtownag
02-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I just threw up alot.