PDA

View Full Version : 6 mos to go.....come on, football....

trojandad
02-24-2011, 10:45 AM
sorry, blurted out....

OLE'BULL
02-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
sorry, blurted out....

I'm with ya. Said to my friend last night "man I cant wait 'till football season". He gave me a constipated look and just chuckled....

Phil C
02-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Patience. There is still some basketball and baseball and softball to go plus track and field and other sports. Then in July we get the great Tour de France to get us through July and then football starts shortly.

trojandad
02-24-2011, 11:11 AM
couldn't each school, like, field 3 football teams, each one playing a 1/3 of the year, then take summer off, then start back up? basketweavingball and baseboringball wouldnt mind.....(i know, i should talk, basketball paid for my college education, i just love the oblong ball better).....

Pendragon13
02-24-2011, 12:13 PM
As much as I get depressed at the end of each football season....I think the shorter season (compared to most other sports) and the fact that no team plays more than one game per week is part of the appeal, and makes each game more meaningful.

orange machine
02-24-2011, 03:34 PM
I lik the anticipation of the new season I can't wait for august.

trojandad
02-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
As much as I get depressed at the end of each football season....I think the shorter season (compared to most other sports) and the fact that no team plays more than one game per week is part of the appeal, and makes each game more meaningful.

so so so so very true........

MustangFootball
02-24-2011, 11:18 PM
6 more months till football i can't hardly wait.....from high-school to pros. i love it all in that order too. high-school, then college then pros that's life in texas.

coach
02-25-2011, 12:11 AM
why rush it...the greatest thing in sports is just around the corner. march madness. dont get me wrong, i love football like its my own kid, but this time of the year is so exciting and fun.

Old Tiger
02-25-2011, 02:11 PM
I thought this was about my birthday, but yeah football season is pretty important as well.

DDBooger
02-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by coach
why rush it...the greatest thing in sports is just around the corner. march madness. dont get me wrong, i love football like its my own kid, but this time of the year is so exciting and fun. +1 can't wait for the tourney

MUSTANG69
02-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
+1 can't wait for the tourney

Yep. Nothing like printing out the brackets, making your picks, and then finding out how wrong you were after the first round. Happens to me every year.:D

BaseballUmp
02-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by coach
why rush it...the greatest thing in sports is just around the corner. march madness. dont get me wrong, i love football like its my own kid, but this time of the year is so exciting and fun.

Too bad you gotta go to some lameass bachelor party out in the sticks hahaha

buckeyebob
02-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
couldn't each school, like, field 3 football teams, each one playing a 1/3 of the year, then take summer off, then start back up? basketweavingball and baseboringball wouldnt mind.....(i know, i should talk, basketball paid for my college education, i just love the oblong ball better).....

Who wants to take the summer off? Not me.

zebrablue2
02-26-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp

LOL!!!

trojandad
02-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Who wants to take the summer off? Not me.

i stand corrected....thanks bob :clap:

trojandad
02-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Yep. Nothing like printing out the brackets, making your picks, and then finding out how wrong you were after the first round. Happens to me every year.:D

i like march's brackets, but i LOVEEEE novembers' brackets....

coach
02-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp

screw that i aint goin