PDA

View Full Version : Excessive force??

Ranger Mom
02-24-2011, 09:52 AM
I saw this on Good Morning America this morning. This is a different clip:

Coach shoves player (http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/02/21/holy-family-univeristy-basketball-coach-suspended-for-hitting-pushing-kicking-a-player/)

On GMA they interviewed the now suspended coach and the player. The player wasn't at all interested in accepting the coach's apology. He wants some action taken against him.

Good Morning America Inverniew (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/caught-on-camera-coach-shoves-player-12988858?tab=9482931&section=1206833&playlist=&page=1)

Bullaholic
02-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Coach sounded foolish and insincere with his apology. I don't think anyone is buying his "accident" argument. I think he would be better off to just admit he lost it, but you know his lawyer will never allow that. Wonder if the rest of the team does actually support the coach like his lawyer said.

Ernest T Bass
02-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Wow! That dude needs to find another profession.

Ranger Mom
02-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Coach sounded foolish and insincere with his apology. I don't think anyone is buying his "accident" argument. I think he would be better off to just admit he lost it, but you know his lawyer will never allow that. Wonder if the rest of the team does actually support the coach like his lawyer said.

When he kept saying it was "an accident" I wanted to throw something at him!:rolleyes:

Ernest T Bass
02-24-2011, 10:17 AM
I dont have any sound on this computer, but I can tell from the film that it was no accident.

MUSTANG69
02-24-2011, 10:27 AM
It all looks intentional but I wouldn't call that a kick. The coach definitely needs to think about another line of work.

ccmom
02-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I dont have any sound on this computer, but I can tell from the film that it was no accident.

I wish I hadn't been able to hear him speak. I bet his attorney does, too. :rolleyes: :dispntd:

Black_Magic
02-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
It all looks intentional but I wouldn't call that a kick. The coach definitely needs to think about another line of work.
I have always believed you should never hit a guy when he is down... Kick him, you dont have to bend over to do it. :p

Ranger Mom
02-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I wish I hadn't been able to hear him speak. I bet his attorney does, too. :rolleyes: :dispntd:

LOL!! He didn't do himself any favors, that's for darn sure!!!

MUSTANG69
02-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I have always believed you should never hit a guy when he is down... Kick him, you dont have to bend over to do it. :p

I am not defending this coach. He is totally wrong. It just appeared to be more of a push with his foot than a kick.

Black_Magic
02-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
I am not defending this coach. He is totally wrong. It just appeared to be more of a push with his foot than a kick. yes , It looked like he was using is foot to almost nudge him to get up.. didnt look like a kick but he did intend to knock him down no doubt.

garciap77
02-24-2011, 02:14 PM

Is twisting the ankle OK?:D

:p

;)

MUSTANG69
02-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Is twisting the ankle OK?:D

:p

;)

Only if you are a Snyder coach.:D

Black_Magic
02-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Sure, ankle twisting is good. Bite them too unless a facemask prevents it. The guy should have used the most ilegal wrestling move on him . It works. Just look at the brownwood deal if you dont believe me.

RoyceTTU
02-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Sure, ankle twisting is good. Bite them too unless a facemask prevents it. The guy should have used the most ilegal wrestling move on him . It works. Just look at the brownwood deal if you dont believe me.

Your asking to get kicked in the mouth again, arn't ya:D

Ranger Mom
02-24-2011, 02:44 PM
yes , It looked like he was using is foot to almost nudge him to get up.. didnt look like a kick but he did intend to knock him down no doubt.

That kind of kick was what got Randy Quisenberry fired from Midland Lee too!!

Farmersfan
02-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Seems like a panty waste 20 year old ADULT who the coach is tired of trying to make tough! We aren't talking about a high school player here. This is the ADULT world and most likely this player is on scholarship. The facts are that the coach hit this player with a shoulder block that was half as tough as he will get in most games. Wrong move? propably! But perhaps it's better than just cutting him from the team because he never learned how to play tough! That's my 2 cents worth!

Ranger Mom
02-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Seems like a panty waste 20 year old ADULT who the coach is tired of trying to make tough! We aren't talking about a high school player here. This is the ADULT world and most likely this player is on scholarship. The facts are that the coach hit this player with a shoulder block that was half as tough as he will get in most games. Wrong move? propably! But perhaps it's better than just cutting him from the team because he never learned how to play tough! That's my 2 cents worth!

Back in the old days that may have flown....but not in this new era we live in!!

garciap77
02-24-2011, 10:23 PM

Image what would have happened if guns were allowed in college campuses.:eek:

PPHSfan
02-24-2011, 11:07 PM
He probably should have sent him to a nice quiet dark tool shed instead. :p

coach
02-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Wow! That dude needs to find another profession.

I would like to kick the hell out of him on "accident"

coach
02-25-2011, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
He probably should have sent him to a nice quiet dark tool shed instead. :p

:clap:

big daddy russ
02-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Holy Family? There's a joke or two in there.

big daddy russ
02-25-2011, 12:27 AM

So that's why Woody Hayes left the Ohio State so gracefully.