PDA

View Full Version : Would this piss you off? If so what would you do?

Tx Challenge
02-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Ok, So I am in Atlanta in a rental car. I get popped for an illegal U turn.

I notice they are taking an extremely long time getting back to me. The officer comes back and thanks me for my patience and informed me that the license plate didnt match the car and asked if I had more paperwork. I give him everything in the car. Later they come back and I was told to open the door and put one hand on the door and one on the steering wheel. Another officer comes and watches as the first is getting the numbers out of the door. I am neither mad or nervous as they treated me with respect. They said they didnt think I had stole the car or changed the license. I was turning the car in and was near the entrance and suggested they follow me to the rental return. They said no and went back to their car and returned with my ticket :mad: and told me I was free to go.

I ripped into the rental car company but all I got was the "I am sorry" from the manager.

So would you let it go? or pursue more of an apology or more from the rental company? Entire ordeal lasted 30-35 min...

Emerson1
02-23-2011, 06:22 PM
I'd try to get a refund. It wouldn't hurt.

Pendragon13
02-23-2011, 06:29 PM
I'd be pissed as well, but there really isn't anything you can do if the rental agency workers won't compensate you. Small claims court maybe...but not worth your time and money unless you just have to prove a point.

eagles_victory
02-23-2011, 06:37 PM
It sucks but sometimes in life you just have to let stuff go and try not to get worked up about it and let things be. I would consider this situation to be one of those times.

Blastoderm55
02-23-2011, 07:40 PM
What recourse do you have? Was the ticket for the illegal turn, or for the mismatched plate? If it's for the turn, you don't have a leg to stand on. If it's for the plate, the rental company should be footing the bill and righting a statement to your car insurance company.

PPHSfan
02-23-2011, 08:06 PM
I would rent another car from the same Atlanta office, and drive it like I stole it until it had a quarter tank of fuel. Then I would top the gas tank off with a garden hose and turn it in. But that's just me.

Tx Challenge
02-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I would rent another car from the same Atlanta office, and drive it like I stole it until it had a quarter tank of fuel. Then I would top the gas tank off with a garden hose and turn it in. But that's just me.

LOL, that is the type of response I need!......No folks it isn't a legal issue, not trying to make it into one....just a little ticked...

SintonFan
02-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Ok, So I am in Atlanta in a rental car. I get popped for an illegal U turn.

I notice they are taking an extremely long time getting back to me. The officer comes back and thanks me for my patience and informed me that the license plate didnt match the car and asked if I had more paperwork. I give him everything in the car. Later they come back and I was told to open the door and put one hand on the door and one on the steering wheel. Another officer comes and watches as the first is getting the numbers out of the door. I am neither mad or nervous as they treated me with respect. They said they didnt think I had stole the car or changed the license. I was turning the car in and was near the entrance and suggested they follow me to the rental return. They said no and went back to their car and returned with my ticket :mad: and told me I was free to go.

I ripped into the rental car company but all I got was the "I am sorry" from the manager.

So would you let it go? or pursue more of an apology or more from the rental company? Entire ordeal lasted 30-35 min...

Are you OTW?

"Other Than White"?

That would explain a lot.:nerd:

Tx Challenge
02-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Are you OTW?

"Other Than White"?

That would explain a lot.:nerd:

Nope I am NOT.... OTW!

bigwood33
02-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Pissed! In my opinion, the cops should have just let you go after taking that long. If they had gotten you on the road in 5-10 minutes, write the ticket, after 30+ and you being a visitor to the city, a warning is appropriate.

44INAROW
02-23-2011, 09:04 PM
this isn't the same situation but it is rental car related. As most of you might know, I am an insurance agent. One of my very good customers had a little fender bender a few weeks back and got her Lincoln fixed at the local Ford dealer here in Cuero, but there was some type work that needed to be done at a Lincoln dealer in Victoria (25 miles) Not a big deal - She calls me on Feb 8th and tells me that she's got an appt on Weds the 16 at XYZ dealership and she'll need a rental for 1 or 2 days (which her policy covers and she pays extra for a "bigger" car) so I contact the insurance adjuster at the insurance carrier's office and get the rental car approved, etc. They tell me to call ENTERPRISE in Victoria and I notice they have several locations in the phone book. I make sure I have the ENTERPRISE location, which ironically, is across the street from the Lincoln dealer. Great - all she's gotta do is go across the street. I get the "girl" at ENTERPRISE and give her the claim #, date needed, confirm that my customer gets a large size car (not a Tin Can size) and she gives me a RESERVATION #. I verbally confirm again - "this is all she'll need right, everything is lined up, she is 78 years old, and will be all alone and dropping her car off for repair" I am assured - "yes, mam" and they will bill the insurance carrier directly. Well, when my customer (and my mother's bridge playing friend) calls me at 9:05 AM on Feb 16th - she is leaving ENTERPRISE, driving a 14 passenger Panel Van. lol..... They didn't have ANY CARS for her to rent. Not 1 single car and she wasn't alone. There was another person there at the same time, with a reservation, and no car. So they offered her the van, she has no choice but to drive it, since she had her Lincoln at the shop. I called ENTERPRISE and was told that it is their practice to OVERBOOK, since sometimes people don't show up.. DUH - this was a business transaction, not a random person calling to rent a Dodge Neon to cruise town for a while. I will NEVER refer a customer to ENTERPRISE RENT A CAR again. Not only did they screw up (I understand that happens) but they offered NO APOLOGY whatsoever. Word of mouth in small communities can be very detremental (sp), especially when it's bad words :mad: I told the lady, why did we even bother making a reservation? She said - "beats me, that's the way we do business" OMG :doh:

SintonFan
02-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Nope I am NOT.... OTW!

I'd be a lil pi$$ed no matter what.:nerd:

lol @ 44 Did your mom's friend charge to take her friends around town? I would have. Heck, she could have been a coyote for a day.:D

Blastoderm55
02-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
this isn't the same situation but it is rental car related. As most of you might know, I am an insurance agent. One of my very good customers had a little fender bender a few weeks back and got her Lincoln fixed at the local Ford dealer here in Cuero, but there was some type work that needed to be done at a Lincoln dealer in Victoria (25 miles) Not a big deal - She calls me on Feb 8th and tells me that she's got an appt on Weds the 16 at XYZ dealership and she'll need a rental for 1 or 2 days (which her policy covers and she pays extra for a "bigger" car) so I contact the insurance adjuster at the insurance carrier's office and get the rental car approved, etc. They tell me to call ENTERPRISE in Victoria and I notice they have several locations in the phone book. I make sure I have the ENTERPRISE location, which ironically, is across the street from the Lincoln dealer. Great - all she's gotta do is go across the street. I get the "girl" at ENTERPRISE and give her the claim #, date needed, confirm that my customer gets a large size car (not a Tin Can size) and she gives me a RESERVATION #. I verbally confirm again - "this is all she'll need right, everything is lined up, she is 78 years old, and will be all alone and dropping her car off for repair" I am assured - "yes, mam" and they will bill the insurance carrier directly. Well, when my customer (and my mother's bridge playing friend) calls me at 9:05 AM on Feb 16th - she is leaving ENTERPRISE, driving a 14 passenger Panel Van. lol..... They didn't have ANY CARS for her to rent. Not 1 single car and she wasn't alone. There was another person there at the same time, with a reservation, and no car. So they offered her the van, she has no choice but to drive it, since she had her Lincoln at the shop. I called ENTERPRISE and was told that it is their practice to OVERBOOK, since sometimes people don't show up.. DUH - this was a business transaction, not a random person calling to rent a Dodge Neon to cruise town for a while. I will NEVER refer a customer to ENTERPRISE RENT A CAR again. Not only did they screw up (I understand that happens) but they offered NO APOLOGY whatsoever. Word of mouth in small communities can be very detremental (sp), especially when it's bad words :mad: I told the lady, why did we even bother making a reservation? She said - "beats me, that's the way we do business" OMG :doh:

Its like that Seinfeld episode. They know how to take the reservation. They just don't know how to hold the reservation, and that's really the most important part. :D

44INAROW
02-23-2011, 09:14 PM
I'd add a couple cups of sugar, just for good measure :D

44INAROW
02-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'd be a lil pi$$ed no matter what.:nerd:

lol @ 44 Did your mom's friend charge to take her friends around town? I would have. Heck, she could have been a coyote for a day.:D
after I got off the phone, I was laughing - wishing I had a picture of her, driving down the road, driving that big ole, van.. If you knew this lady, you'd understand how funny it would be. She reminds me of Charlie and Alan's mother on Two and Half Men.. Nice linen 3 piece suit with high heels.. lol..........

SintonFan
02-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
after I got off the phone, I was laughing - wishing I had a picture of her, driving down the road, driving that big ole, van.. If you knew this lady, you'd understand how funny it would be. She reminds me of Charlie and Alan's mother on Two and Half Men.. Nice linen 3 piece suit with high heels.. lol..........

Sweet! Coyote with C L A S S!:clap:

pancho villa
02-24-2011, 08:32 AM
I got a ticket the other day for DWM!

PPHSfan
02-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I got a ticket the other day for DWM!

Driving While Masturbating?

Gsquared
02-24-2011, 08:56 AM