PDA

View Full Version : Giddings AD/HC

hookandladder
02-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Heard Fritzhenry is one of the top 3 candidate's for the Corpus Christi Carrol AD/HC job, would he actually take the job this time if offered.

bigcat8
02-23-2011, 10:09 AM
after talking with a few of his assistants.... feel sure he would

YTBulldogs
02-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Heard Fritzhenry is one of the top 3 candidate's for the Corpus Christi Carrol AD/HC job, would he actually take the job this time if offered.

Some of the Giddings faithful I know, hope so. Clear he don't want to be there.

Old Tiger
02-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Some of the Giddings faithful I know, hope so. Clear he don't want to be there. Always interviewing and making it to the finalist table yet never getting it.

YTBulldogs
02-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Always interviewing and making it to the finalist table yet never getting it.

He got it last year didn't he at Dobie?

Old Tiger
02-23-2011, 10:20 AM
He got it last year didn't he at Dobie? Don't get me lying...Where is Dobie?

YTBulldogs
02-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Houston area. I think this was the school he accepted, then a few days later said, "nevermind".

Old Tiger
02-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Houston area. I think this was the school he accepted, then a few days later said, "sike". Didn't he do that because he thought he got something elsewhere?

YTBulldogs
02-23-2011, 10:30 AM
By Danny Davis AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Updated: 1:44 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2010

Published: 7:16 p.m. Monday, Jan. 25, 2010

Citing a show of support from the community and concerns about uprooting his family, Derek Fitzhenry has decided to remain as Giddings' head football coach after considering a move to another school.

Two Houston-area newspapers reported last week that Fitzhenry had been tabbed to be the new coach at Pasadena Dobie. Dobie, a Class 5A school in Houston, was 4-6 last season and last reached the playoffs in 2004.

Fitzhenry said Monday his hiring was approved by the Pasadena school board, and he was quoted in the South Belt-Ellington Leader on Thursday as saying, "I'm excited to be a part of the Dobie family and to build relationships with the other head coaches."

However, the 43-year-old coach was given the chance to mull over the job and discuss it with his family, and he changed his mind on Sunday night. Fitzhenry said he was approached by residents of Giddings as well as several current and former players who told Fitzhenry they wanted him to stay with the Buffaloes.

***What happened to the support is my question if he's out trying to leave again this year?

OnceABucJr
02-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Just for the record. CC ISD has an Athletic Director (Brenda Marshall) so each HS (5) has an Athletic Coordinator/HFC.

stxfan
02-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Would be many happy people in Giddings if he got the job.

Ernest T Bass
02-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Carroll hired the HC from Uvalde. So, Fitz is staying put for the time being.

Matthew328
02-23-2011, 01:30 PM
ETB who broke that news btw??

Ernest T Bass
02-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
ETB who broke that news btw??

Actually, I read it on Allsports. But as long as it wasn't McNabb, I'll credit TOC for it.
I ain't givin' that slap anything!

YTBulldogs
02-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by stxfan
Would be many happy people in Giddings if he got the job.

If he wants out bad enough (all these resumes floating around), cut him loose now and he can hunt another gig on his nickle. Can't imagine what the kids think of a coach wanting to leave so bad each year.

Giddings would have no issue filling his position with quality.

Blastoderm55
02-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Tony Trevino hired at C.C. Carroll (http://www.caller.com/news/2011/feb/23/carroll-hires-uvaldes-trevino-head-football-coach/)

Matthew328
02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Actually, I read it on Allsports. But as long as it wasn't McNabb, I'll credit TOC for it.
I ain't givin' that slap anything!

LOL

GiddingsFan
02-23-2011, 07:42 PM
He was never a finalist at Carroll. Check the post after on TOC.. they were corrected.

Funny a LG person would post on this subject.. you would love it if he left. He has beat your @$$ the last 8 years...

hookandladder
02-24-2011, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
He was never a finalist at Carroll. Check the post after on TOC.. they were corrected.

Funny a LG person would post on this subject.. you would love it if he left. He has beat your @$$ the last 8 years...

Just posted what was on TOC earlier, you seem like you really have some bitterness towards LG. Fritzhenry may have beaten us the last few years however he has nothing to show for it, no State Championships. I guess your State Championship is beating LG, well enjoy it while you can cause it is coming to an end pretty soon. If Fritz does leave in the next year or so you can blame it on him leaving, that would be a good excuse. LG in the last 10 years, State Championships in Football,Baseball and Softball, not bad.

GiddingsFan
02-24-2011, 08:27 AM
No bitterness for LG. Have some fine people from LG working in Giddings..

Seems like people out of town have great knowledge about Giddings. Amazing. So glad you are on the up and up about what is happening here. Sure you have some great sources.

hookandladder
02-24-2011, 02:56 PM
No bitterness for LG. Have some fine people from LG working in Giddings..

Seems like people out of town have great knowledge about Giddings. Amazing. So glad you are on the up and up about what is happening here. Sure you have some great sources.

Great sources from within, love to compete with Giddings. Always a good time, have quite a few friends from there that coach and also just competed against. It's all good.

JohnnieLightnin
03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
He is in the final 3 for the Lake Worth job.

Daddy D 11
03-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Heard he's a finalist for the biggest douche bag job? His resume of no discipline what-so-ever and mouthy players... combined with his incredible lack of maturity and enlarged ego will most likely land him the job.

Heard this from a good source too.

hookandladder
03-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Heard he's a finalist for the biggest douche bag job? His resume of no discipline what-so-ever and mouthy players... combined with his incredible lack of maturity and enlarged ego will most likely land him the job.

Dame, you hear a lot.

Ernest T Bass
03-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Lake Worth is a done deal, and it ain't Fitz.
For a coach that wins so much for y'all, you sure are ready to see him to leave.

hookandladder
03-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Lake Worth is a done deal, and it ain't Fitz.
For a coach that wins so much for y'all, you sure are ready to see him to leave.

Not from giddings however we all have some common friends, some like him and some don't like him. Just one of those coaches, personally I have no problem with him. He is definitely a football only guy, that is pretty clear.

Maroon87
03-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Good move by Fitzhenry to stay at Giddins IMO. CCISD is a mess and has been for quite some time.

JohnnieLightnin
03-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Pretty funny. I am sure after he saw the athletes at Lake Worth compared to what he has at Giddings; it was a no-brainer.

Ernest T Bass
03-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by JohnnieLightnin
Pretty funny. I am sure after he saw the athletes at Lake Worth compared to what he has at Giddings; it was a no-brainer.

He never interviewed at Lake Worth.

JohnnieLightnin
03-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Yes, he did. Was in the final 3. Buddy of mine met him while he was on a tour for the final 3. He asked me if I knew much about him.

Rule #76
03-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Heard he has been offered the Longview Pinetree job!!! Huey Chancellor was there and left for Rockport job. Any truth to this?

Ernest T Bass
03-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Ive heard this too, but it makes zero sense.

coach
03-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Rule #76
Heard he has been offered the Longview Pinetree job!!! Huey Chancellor was there and left for Rockport job. Any truth to this?

who are the other finalist for the Pine Tree job?

zebrablue2
03-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Ive heard this too, but it makes zero sense.

maybe we will hear something on monday???

Matthew328
03-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Pine Tree is an awful job

swineflu
03-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Perhaps he could make that place special like he did in Giddings.

Ernest T Bass
03-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Giddings was winning long before he got there.

Torch Bearer
03-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Fitz to Long View unless he backs out.

fanofthegame
03-07-2011, 12:22 PM
good luck to fitz if this is true. he will make a winner there just as he did in giddings. and why we're on the subject, lee fedora from navasota took the job at a&m consol last week, but this w/end changed his mind and is staying in navasota. people are saying good things about his choice and congrats to him and navasota, that was not the case for fitz last year when he did the same thing. fitz needs a town where the town supports him.

hookandladder
03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by fanofthegame
good luck to fitz if this is true. he will make a winner there just as he did in giddings. and why we're on the subject, lee fedora from navasota took the job at a&m consol last week, but this w/end changed his mind and is staying in navasota. people are saying good things about his choice and congrats to him and navasota, that was not the case for fitz last year when he did the same thing. fitz needs a town where the town supports him.

With the Ex. coach from Bellville only lasting 1 year and leaving, it will be interesting if Coach Fitz will last long there also. If Coach Fitz even does take the job.

GiddingsFan
03-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Chancellor was there two seasons.

All sports in GIDDINGS made post season this year. Even girls soccer. I'd say he has done a great job. He will be successful wherever he goes.

hookandladder
03-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Chancellor was there two seasons.

All sports in GIDDINGS made post season this year. Even girls soccer. I'd say he has done a great job. He will be successful wherever he goes.

It's great to hear that Coach Fitz supports all program, I am sure all other HC's of other sports are happy to have such a successful and supportive AD. Those AD/HC's are hard to find, Giddings coaches must all be happy.

GiddingsFan
03-07-2011, 07:07 PM
It's great to hear that Coach Fitz supports all program, I am sure all other HC's of other sports are happy to have such a successful and supportive AD. Those AD/HC's are hard to find, Giddings coaches must all be happy.

You can't help yourself, can you?

jrhernandez7
03-07-2011, 07:55 PM
what?????? fitz is leaving Giddings!!! This makes me happy only bc im from a district rival. tought loss buffs, but with yalls athletes and tradition i have little doubt yall will skip a beat with whoever feels the postion. Any news on who will be the front-runner for the spot???

OldBison75
03-07-2011, 08:09 PM
To fanofthegame:

Fedora never accepted the position at A & M Consolidated, he was offered the position on Friday and announced his decision to stay in Navasota on Saturday morning. When the position was offered, many of us believed we would probably lose him since CS is where he went to school and his family is there. However, there were several factors that changed his mind, like no AD position, Navasota's incoming talent pool, and the future split of the CSISD to two high schools.

I don't blame any coach for looking to better themselves, but, Fedora has a great position in NISD and recognizes that. He is well liked in the community and school district. Sometimes, it is not just the wins and losses that matter as much as the person that is teaching the kids. Fedora has earned that respect from the kids.

swineflu
03-07-2011, 09:26 PM
http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/Derek_Fitzhenry_Named_New_AD_for_Pine_Tree_ISD_117 555629.html

fanofthegame
03-07-2011, 09:48 PM
to "oldbison",,,my misunderstanding....i thought he excepted, but bottom line is he is staying, good thing for everyone in the navasota nation. i am from this district, usually see alot of caldwell games, lagrange games and giddings games. i can do that since no job, retired, and no kids..lol. i will tend to say that i am following lagrange and navasota this coming year. good luck to the people in giddings, good kids and very good field. but the way it goes there, you can only stay 5 or 6 years and they run you off......

Mojado
03-07-2011, 09:58 PM
and they run you off......

Very well stated!!!

zebrablue2
03-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
maybe we will hear something on monday???

Hey FBB, we did hear something on Monday! Good luck to Coach Fitz.

87 TIGER
03-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Hey FBB, we did hear something on Monday! Good luck to Coach Fitz. what did you hear??

OldBison75
03-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Check KBTX.com Tiger, it is official that Fitz is now at Pine Tree!!!

hookandladder
03-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
To fanofthegame:

Fedora never accepted the position at A & M Consolidated, he was offered the position on Friday and announced his decision to stay in Navasota on Saturday morning. When the position was offered, many of us believed we would probably lose him since CS is where he went to school and his family is there. However, there were several factors that changed his mind, like no AD position, Navasota's incoming talent pool, and the future split of the CSISD to two high schools.

I don't blame any coach for looking to better themselves, but, Fedora has a great position in NISD and recognizes that. He is well liked in the community and school district. Sometimes, it is not just the wins and losses that matter as much as the person that is teaching the kids. Fedora has earned that respect from the kids.

I have also heard good things about Fedora, Navasota is very fortunate to have him. Good for Navasota, not so good for the rest of the District. Navasota will be good for years to come, if you have a good one do your best to keep him.

hookandladder
03-08-2011, 07:17 AM
You can't help yourself, can you?

Come on, it is no secret. You hear from fans,coaches,community and from admin., sometimes it is best to get a fresh start. Coach Fitz will have his hands full at Pine Tree from what most saying, I assume his son will follow him just curiuos because of him being a Senior. Giddings will have many quailty coaches apply, Good Luck to Coach Fitz.

Ernest T Bass
03-08-2011, 09:38 AM
So, how does Giddings look for next year? Returnees? JV team? Freshman team?

hookandladder
03-08-2011, 09:49 AM
So, how does Giddings look for next year? Returnees? JV team? Freshman team?

Giddings return's a stud RB ( Junior next year) however lost most of their OL, they will be a solid team again next year. After next year the talent does drop off some however this job will attract some great coaches. As for as the sub-varsity teams, it's hard to tell because Coach Fitz was not afraid to bring up young players to compete on Varsity.

Ernest T Bass
03-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Giddings return's a stud RB ( Junior next year) however lost most of their OL, they will be a solid team again next year. After next year the talent does drop off some however this job will attract some great coaches. As for as the sub-varsity teams, it's hard to tell because Coach Fitz was not afraid to bring up young players to compete on Varsity.

How did the Sub V's do?

rancher
03-08-2011, 10:09 AM
I hope he does not do them like he did Pasadena Dobie. He accepted the job, went to the school, then told them for forget it. I know the Pasadena AD and he has nothing good to say about him and the way he did them.

hookandladder
03-08-2011, 10:17 AM
How did the Sub V's do?

I do not know for sure however my son was a sophomore this year and when we played that group in 7th,8th and 9th they were pretty weak, the Glenn kid who was a sophomore on Varsity this year was the only real stand out in that group. Overall I think the Sub V's were in the bottom of the district last year, someone from Giddings may give more info..

Ernest T Bass
03-08-2011, 10:21 AM
I do not know for sure however my son was a sophomore this year and when we played that group in 7th,8th and 9th they were pretty weak, the Glenn kid who was a sophomore on Varsity this year was the only real stand out in that group. Overall I think the Sub V's were in the bottom of the district last year, someone from Giddings may give more info..

Might have had something to do with the decision, then.

lostaussie
03-08-2011, 10:28 AM
http://www.news-journal.com/sports/high_schools/article_ad875fd7-c9f9-5473-b84e-f65520f73a33.html

Good luck to him...............he's gonna need it!!!!

YTBulldogs
03-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Giddings facilities alone will attract some quality coaches.

Pine Tree's are the worse facilities in East Texas according to those from there. Least that's what's being said on Smoaky.com.

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117351

shamu85
03-08-2011, 12:55 PM
I think the fact that he took the job at Pine Tree speaks volumes about how badly he wanted out of Giddings. Pine Tree definitely ain't a sports hotbed.

I don't know the man personally, but I don't have a lot of respect for him as a coach of young men after his attitude and comments from way back in 2006 after LH spanked their butts in the quarterfinals at RRISD.

fanofthegame
03-08-2011, 01:29 PM
and what was that comment? you're from g-town and alot of us support the district in general. so what was the comment? just asking

shamu85
03-09-2011, 12:19 PM
and what was that comment? you're from g-town and alot of us support the district in general. so what was the comment? just asking

Well, if you watched the game, you saw how the BACKUP QB actually brought Giddings back in the 2nd half to make it close as Brock was hurt on the kickoff right before halftime (what he was doing in on a KO return is beyond me). When asked about the loss, Fitzhenry, completely ignoring the opportunity to praise the junior who played a great 2nd half to put them in a position to win, claims they were "one player short" of winning the game. The reporter asked if he was referring to Brock and he said "yes". This after a 1st half of them getting their heads handed to them when Brock was in the game. He completely discounted the 2nd half effort of his team when his son was not out on the field.

I'm sure he does have a lot of support, but he also has a lot of detractors (yes I know most coaches always have some set of detractors). I do know that one of the biggest complaints about him is his "football only" approach. I realize they have had quite a bit of success in all sports recently, but I suspect that has a lot to do with the quality of athletes they have had.

hookandladder
03-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
Well, if you watched the game, you saw how the BACKUP QB actually brought Giddings back in the 2nd half to make it close as Brock was hurt on the kickoff right before halftime (what he was doing in on a KO return is beyond me). When asked about the loss, Fitzhenry, completely ignoring the opportunity to praise the junior who played a great 2nd half to put them in a position to win, claims they were "one player short" of winning the game. The reporter asked if he was referring to Brock and he said "yes". This after a 1st half of them getting their heads handed to them when Brock was in the game. He completely discounted the 2nd half effort of his team when his son was not out on the field.

I'm sure he does have a lot of support, but he also has a lot of detractors (yes I know most coaches always have some set of detractors). I do know that one of the biggest complaints about him is his "football only" approach. I realize they have had quite a bit of success in all sports recently, but I suspect that has a lot to do with the quality of athletes they have had.

Well said and know who you are talking about.

fanofthegame
03-09-2011, 06:13 PM
and i'm mad at my high school coach from '75 for not saying congrats to me for blocking an extra point and scoring a t.d. on a kick return....gezzzz, get over it. is that the one thing you can say about the man???? time to move on people, this is a board for all 3 a football, not just one man or one team.

LH Panther Mom
03-10-2011, 08:03 PM
and i'm mad at my high school coach from '75 for not saying congrats to me for blocking an extra point and scoring a t.d. on a kick return....gezzzz, get over it. is that the one thing you can say about the man???? time to move on people, this is a board for all 3 a football, not just one man or one team.
Some things leave a bad taste in your mouth. Just saying...

1st and goal
03-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Well, I wish him the best of luck. He sure has an uphill battle to get Pinetree to playoff contender in their district. Tough foes.

I will also say that his emotions got the best of him when they lost to L.H. the 1st time. Temporary Insanity my guess. Heck, I was emotional too.

His term (8 years) has left Giddings in a far better state overall in all sports although I don't think he deserves the credit for the past few baseball seasons. I will just say that he puts football number 1 and all others line up behind. When he arrived there were only 8 players on the freshman football team. Now there are 52. The stands are packed. The field is new. The equipment is good. With the other sports doing so good now, I think he has realized that it is best for an AD to have that under their buckle.

Whoever gets the job, will have BIG shoes to fill.

1 more thing. I'd pay $2.98 to see DaddyD11 tell that smack to his face.

Tx Challenge
03-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Some things leave a bad taste in your mouth. Just saying...

LOL:D :D :D So tell us how you REALLY feel??? Dont get me started!!!!!

shamu85
03-11-2011, 05:50 PM

I don't think I have anything to "get over" as I'm pretty sure I don't dwell on Derek Fitzhenry.

I wish him luck in Longview. He is certainly going to need it, because there probably ain't gonna be a 8 to 52 freshmen turnaround happening there any time soon. I think .500 would be a dream season there.

fanofthegame
03-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
I don't think I have anything to "get over" as I'm pretty sure I don't dwell on Derek Fitzhenry.

I wish him luck in Longview. He is certainly going to need it, because there probably ain't gonna be a 8 to 52 freshmen turnaround happening there any time soon. I think .500 would be a dream season there.
I don't dwell on Derek Fitzhenry.........then let it go!!!!
don't come back w/ a "i'm just saying" or a "it's a free country",
just let it go if you dont DWELL on a coach that is leaving or heck, going to another division. this is 3AAA, lets leave it at that or find another board. whew...there, i vented.....lol