PDA

View Full Version : Celina's future QB

orange machine
02-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Nathan Elliott he will be a freshman going into this season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eGI172Byfo

bobcat1
02-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Looking good! He has good wheels and some really good touch with the pass. Will be a blast to watch him develop. He's got great genes!

Saggy Aggie
02-23-2011, 12:15 AM
This kid is in JH???

Stats?

DDBooger
02-23-2011, 12:18 AM
Kids a stud.

BaseballUmp
02-23-2011, 12:25 AM
Where'd yall recruit this guy? :stirpot:

orange machine
02-23-2011, 01:22 AM
Yes he is in 8th grade. His father is the assistant head coach and the offensive cord. He has a great shot at starting in my opinion this year as the varsity qb.

theville
02-23-2011, 08:44 AM
As a fish?

RoyceTTU
02-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Ya'll are doomed. He throws with the wrong arm:D

Old Tiger
02-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Has he started the Celina diet of HGH and juice?:stirpot: :1popcorn:

bobcat1
02-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Has he started the Celina diet of HGH and juice?:stirpot: :1popcorn: :dispntd: :dispntd: Really Casey Really??? Really????

3 and out
02-23-2011, 11:51 AM
I actually heard that he is in between cycles at this point! New shipment hasn't arrived yet should be in tomorrow!!

BILLYFRED0000
02-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by 3 and out
I actually heard that he is in between cycles at this point! New shipment hasn't arrived yet should be in tomorrow!!

If you had ever seen his dad you would realize he won't need any help. Bill is a big guy. And a good one too. His son shows signs of the same........

turbostud
02-23-2011, 06:20 PM
I remember seeing Bill Elliot play when he was in High School. I was in Jr. High and my older brother played against him. I remember thinking "that is one big dude."

DavidWooderson
02-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Bill was a stud on the football field for Pilot Point and at TCU. He's a big guy. IF he keeps growing though and gets as big as his dad did, he'll be LT before his Sr. year.

DavidWooderson
02-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Celina and Pilot Point possibly starting Freshman at QB this season on varsity.....hmmmmmmm interesting.

3 and out
02-23-2011, 10:26 PM
FYI - shipment got in early!
Hope he doesn't get the "Big Head":D

bobcat1
02-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
Bill was a stud on the football field for Pilot Point and at TCU. He's a big guy. IF he keeps growing though and gets as big as his dad did, he'll be LT before his Sr. year. I think Bill could still play. Dude lifts every morning. Wish I had that determination. His boy won't be scared of work I can bet that. Probably gets his size from Dad and ability from Mom. :p Take that Bill.;)

Twirling Time
02-24-2011, 06:59 AM
Celina has a pretty good insurance policy with the youngest Stephenson kid. They don't have to throw Nathan into the fire right away; they can ease him in and play him elsewhere.

LionFan72
02-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Gonna look "real good" with a maroon and white jersey pasted on top of him........:) . Looks mighty good for a fish, and a coaches son to boot, looks like we may have to "hear" a little more crowing from the orange-ites for a while.

theville
02-24-2011, 09:14 AM
I am real impressed with that QB. Also, the whole stinkin team! Amazing to see that those kids run that offense the way they do at the junior high level.

Old Green
02-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Impressed with the kid. Tall and accurate. Very impressed with his recievers.They're very good also.

marler1972
02-24-2011, 04:04 PM
They are a very fun group to watch.....You should see them play 7 on 7.

BILLYFRED0000
02-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
They are a very fun group to watch.....You should see them play 7 on 7.

yes sir yes sir yes sir those boys are fun to watch. Play some mean defense.

DavidWooderson
02-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Yes they are very good. Watched them play last year. Their 7th grade boys ain't too shabby either. Battled with PP boys all summer in 7 on 7, in the Celina Summer league.

gatordaze
02-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Celina has a pretty good insurance policy with the youngest Stephenson kid. They don't have to throw Nathan into the fire right away; they can ease him in and play him elsewhere.

The best insurance policy they have is a Oline that will go
TE 6'5 245, OT 6'5 305, OG 6'5 300, C 6'3 285, OG 6'2 240, OT 6'2, 280! This is easily the biggest oline in Celina history with 3 D1 locks! That does not happen in 3A and if they don't pound the rock something is amiss in Orangetown.

Nathan just needs to get the snap and hand it to Jmar running right behind Josh or Reese at FB. Brooks is a stud at Strong Safety and that is where I see him if Nathan can handle the heat!

But what do I know...

marler1972
02-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
The best insurance policy they have is a Oline that will go
TE 6'5 245, OT 6'5 305, OG 6'5 300, C 6'3 285, OG 6'2 240, OT 6'2, 280! This is easily the biggest oline in Celina history with 3 D1 locks! That does not happen in 3A and if they don't pound the rock something is amiss in Orangetown.

Nathan just needs to get the snap and hand it to Jmar running right behind Josh or Reese at FB. Brooks is a stud at Strong Safety and that is where I see him if Nathan can handle the heat!

But what do I know...

not much....lol

Daddy D 11
02-25-2011, 11:58 PM
kid is legit

bp80884
02-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
kid is legit

That video is rigged. Celina hasn't thrown that much in 20 years total.

Kid looks good. Reminds me of the kid from the Northease who accpected an offer from USC when he was in 8th grade.

Why is it that Celina always has coachs with stud sons? That seems to be an effective way of recruiting. I think Mark Bell needs to have a few more kids so we can have another all state QB.

China Spring will have a pretty good QB (or 2) over the next 3 years.

gatordaze
02-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by bp80884
That video is rigged. Celina hasn't thrown that much in 20 years total.

Kid looks good. Reminds me of the kid from the Northease who accpected an offer from USC when he was in 8th grade.

Why is it that Celina always has coachs with stud sons? That seems to be an effective way of recruiting. I think Mark Bell needs to have a few more kids so we can have another all state QB.

China Spring will have a pretty good QB (or 2) over the next 3 years.

Yep they hired Coach Elliott 20 years ago in anticipation of his 14 year old son!

bp80884
02-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Yep they hired Coach Elliott 20 years ago in anticipation of his 14 year old son!

wow, I thought the only thing people in Celina really stratagized was crops and farms!

They really think ahead. Look guys, just having fun with Celina, it is not like you are Southlake Carrol!

CHS_89
02-26-2011, 09:36 PM
I remember watching Coach Elliot and Schindler (the twin towers) from Pilot Point playing basketball. They were awesome together.

The potential of a dual threat QB in Celina for the next 4 years is promising. 6'1" already in the 8th grade..and being able to run and throw like that...only will get better. The Alexander kid coming up as RB paired with this QB will be lights out, IMO.

tigerfan99
02-27-2011, 02:02 PM
looks like they may go to the spread

BwdLion73
02-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan99
looks like they may go to the spread

:eek: :eek: ;)

charlesrixey
03-03-2011, 12:40 PM
in all seriousness, what are the odds that the coaches will use this Qb over Stephenson the younger? We didnt see too terribly much of Brooks last year and i don't know much about his play on defense, since i listen to the games and can't see but a few in person.

orange machine
03-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
in all seriousness, what are the odds that the coaches will use this Qb over Stephenson the younger? We didnt see too terribly much of Brooks last year and i don't know much about his play on defense, since i listen to the games and can't see but a few in person.
I think Nathan has a very good chance at starting this year. Nathan is fast running a 4.6 40 and just in 8th grade and has a great arm. Brooks can do the job at qb well but he is a very good defender with alot of upside still to go. Brooks also gives Celina another threat on offense with halfback passes.

gatordaze
03-03-2011, 11:31 PM

Brooks is a gamer and plays with alot of heart. He is also a very good athlete that can do just about anything except punt (he is really bad at that!) When he was an 8th grader he hurt his passing shoulder and I don't think that it has been right since and it affects his arm strength

They may very well play Brooks at QB this year but I don't see Nathan waiting behind Brooks as a sophomore. Nathan may become a tackle if he follows his dads genes but more than likely he is more Tebow like than that.

I think Brooks will play some at SS as he is a ball hawk and always seems to be in the middle of a play. If ever there were a year to let a Freshman QB get some seasoning it would be this year behind what will be best Oline Celina has ever had. If all he does is hand the ball to Jamarrick the O will be fine.

Deuce
03-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
I think Nathan has a very good chance at starting this year. Nathan is fast running a 4.6 40 and just in 8th grade and has a great arm. Brooks can do the job at qb well but he is a very good defender with alot of upside still to go. Brooks also gives Celina another threat on offense with halfback passes.

4.6 in 8th grade?

BILLYFRED0000
03-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Deuce
4.6 in 8th grade?

The kid is quick. Jamarick ran a 11.2 hundred in the grade eight too. I think that brook should probably play defense this year and let nathan play QB. But I am not sure that Nathan will be able to because it is a change. the game is faster at the varsity level. I have no idea what the coaches are going to do.

orange machine
03-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
The kid is quick. Jamarick ran a 11.2 hundred in the grade eight too. I think that brook should probably play defense this year and let nathan play QB. But I am not sure that Nathan will be able to because it is a change. the game is faster at the varsity level. I have no idea what the coaches are going to do.
I think Nathan will be fine physically he is bigger than the QB's of the last two years. I was talking to Nathans uncle the other day and he was saying Nathan is 6'1 and around 180lbs so he will be plenty big. Geez can you imagine what he will be like as senior?

BILLYFRED0000
03-04-2011, 02:41 PM
I think Nathan will be fine physically he is bigger than the QB's of the last two years. I was talking to Nathans uncle the other day and he was saying Nathan is 6'1 and around 180lbs so he will be plenty big. Geez can you imagine what he will be like as senior?

Yeah how bout 6'5 235 or so and still running a 4.55 and heaving the ball 60 yards. hit like a line backer run like a gazelle. cannot wait to see it.

Twirling Time
03-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yeah how bout 6'5 235 or so and still running a 4.55 and heaving the ball 60 yards. hit like a line backer run like a gazelle. cannot wait to see it.

In other words, Tebow basically.

That would be amazing to see in 3A.

gatordaze
03-05-2011, 08:12 PM
In other words, Tebow basically.

That would be amazing to see in 3A.

Lefty to boot!

gatordaze
03-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Lefty to boot!

Nathan Eliiot is and awesome 8th grade athlete But lets be reasonable here. He does not run a 4.6, he does not bench 250 lbs, he cant throw the ball 60 yards on the run. But how many 8th grade QB's can?

He is going to be awesome. He is not superman. If genetrics matter then this kid has a great chance at being special. He is probably as good as any 8th grader in Celina since Jose Romero. He is not going to take over a game of leap a tall building. He is more than adequate to manage an offense behind this years line. He could be something very special as he has all the tools and the perferct home environment to leverage them.

It is not fair to him to expect more and I know that the coaches will manage his progress and have an alternative ibn the event he is not yet ready.

orange machine
03-06-2011, 11:36 PM
I think if Nathan does start I think he can put good numbers I could see him running for 600 or so yards and passing for a 1,000. Of course with this monster of a line the numbers could be the other way around.

BILLYFRED0000
03-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I think if Nathan does start I think he can put good numbers I could see him running for 600 or so yards and passing for a 1,000. Of course with this monster of a line the numbers could be the other way around.

Well like gator said, he is young. Brooks is experienced and also athletic. I believe with the line we will have this year both would flourish. I might have Nathan play JV at least a few games to see his progress against larger faster players. But like I said before I think he is fun to watch and he like all the other Bobcats plays with a lot of heart.

orange machine
03-07-2011, 12:41 PM
I think either kid can get the job done. I would just like to see Brooks on defense be because he is so versatile and can make big plays.

charlesrixey
03-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Who will be Celina's receivers this year?

marler1972
03-11-2011, 04:49 PM
could be a number of kids...........

gatordaze
03-11-2011, 06:17 PM

I think that they will play Zach B both ways with Ben at the other reciever. I really don't think it will matter as we just need enough of a passing game to keep the D from stacking the box.

We just need to run the run

ctown
03-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Ultimate daddy ball. If he wasn't a coaches kid they would have made him a lineman....... Wait for it...... Watch the bobber closely.....(.).........((.))......(((.)))...((.)) ..

orange machine
03-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by ctown
Ultimate daddy ball. If he wasn't a coaches kid they would have made him a lineman....... Wait for it...... Watch the bobber closely.....(.).........((.))......(((.)))...((.)) ..
Not cool

ctown
03-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Ah jus playin around. Figured someone would jump on it.

Twirling Time
03-12-2011, 03:47 AM

Hopefully, Bilderback followed by a bunch of sophomores. Jamarick should get all the touches he wants this coming fall.

gatordaze
03-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Hopefully, Bilderback followed by a bunch of sophomores. Jamarick should get all the touches he wants this coming fall.

Current sophomores like Ben, Damian, and Brooks I can see. Not that many skill positions in the upcoming sophomore class. I doubt many in that class play varsity. Freshman Mika Nelson played JV QB and could be a surprise. Might even play receiver as he is a very good athlete.

2010 Celina was 29 Seniors, 8 Juniors and 6 Sophomores. The JV team whent undefeated with a load of Juniors, Sophomores and a couple Freshman. Many of those JV Juniors would have been playing varsity had we not had a skill heavy Senior class. I think Lee Nelson, Spencer King, Collin Clark, Mike Rischardson, Reece Morton, and Ethan McCartney would all have played varsity last year if Celina would have had more balance across the classes.

Most Celina kids would rather start each week than play mop up on varsity. Coach Ford seems to choose playing time over bench depth as he rarely plays anyone both ways to begin with. We will know alot more after 7 on 7 but my bet is that Lee Nelson steps up and surprises this summer.