PDA

View Full Version : Boys Area Round: Sealy Tigers vs. Silsbee Tigers

TigerPride12
02-22-2011, 08:07 PM
The Sealy Tigers defeated Giddings Monday night 64-52, while Silsbee is coming off a bye. The game is scheduled for Friday but site and time is yet to be determined. Both teams seem be up tempo but not so familier with Silsbee? Thoughts??

zebrablue2
02-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Best of luck to the Tigers!!!

TigerPride12
02-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Which ones?? lol i think this can be a good game is Sealy can break and handle Silsbee's press

HEMOTOXIC
02-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Silsbee is really good. The Silsbee Tigers by 20+.

TigerPride12
02-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Hemo, I cant be sure but did Navasota play Silsbee? I remember hearing they played tough first half and then second half the press killed them. did you happen to see the game or hear anything about it? Im just curious because im not familiar with them lol

HEMOTOXIC
02-23-2011, 12:47 AM
I wasn't there this season, but my dad is a coach for the Rattlers. If Sealy can limit their turnovers, stick to their game, and don't get caught up in the uptempo game, they will have a shot. Navasota played @ Silsbee early in the season right after football season, and it wasn't pretty.

Best of luck to you guys. I will be rootin for u.

WOSgrad
02-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I wasn't there this season, but my dad is a coach for the Rattlers. If Sealy can limit their turnovers, stick to their game, and don't get caught up in the uptempo game, they will have a shot. Navasota played @ Silsbee early in the season right after football season, and it wasn't pretty.

Best of luck to you guys. I will be rootin for u.

Actually, that game was about 5-6 weeks after the Rattlers ended their football season. The Tigers and Rattlers bball game was on January 6th (and I think the Rattlers last football game was on Nov. 26th).

Silsbee's strength is their speed and their bench. There is no dropoff in quality, which allows these speedy guys to remain fresh pretty much throughout the ballgame

WOSgrad
02-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Correction, the Navasota/Silsbee game was on January 8th (Silsbee won 86-57).

Of note, Sealy played Navasota on December 11th (Sealy won 62-58)

venomous tat2
02-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
Actually, that game was about 5-6 weeks after the Rattlers ended their football season. The Tigers and Rattlers bball game was on January 6th (and I think the Rattlers last football game was on Nov. 26th).

Silsbee's strength is their speed and their bench. There is no dropoff in quality, which allows these speedy guys to remain fresh pretty much throughout the ballgame

That maybe true but keep in mind we have a new head coach a good group of sophs and at that time they were in the process of learning a new system , but for the most part it did not get bad till the 4th qtr and we stayed with them till then , don't get me wrong Silsbee is good but they can be beat .

957tiger
02-23-2011, 10:28 PM
The game will be this Friday night at Goose Creek Memorial HS in Baytown. Tip-off at 7:30. You can catch the game live and online at www.sealysports.com

TigerPride12
02-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Note that Sealy did not having leading scorer playing when they played Navasota so game might have been different. I anticipate a high scoring game, and the team with the least amount of turnovers will win the game.

zebrablue2
02-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Sealy up 53-44 with 6 min. to play in the game!

HEMOTOXIC
02-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Sealy up 53-44 with 6 min. to play in the game! .

:eek:

FbCoachB40
02-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Sealy WINS!!

75-59

HEMOTOXIC
02-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Sealy WINS!!

75-59

Wow! I am eating crow big time. Congrats to the Sealy Tigers!

Up Next.... a rematch with the Navasota Rattlers!

zebrablue2
02-26-2011, 07:22 AM
How bout those TIGERS from Sealy! Big win:2thumbsup Congrats!!!

trojandad
02-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Wow! I am eating crow big time. Congrats to the Sealy Tigers!

Up Next.... a rematch with the Navasota Rattlers!

yea, whats going on with your predict-o-meter? you had us not playing well after the huffman game in football....

:p just horsin with ya, buddy......

957tiger
02-26-2011, 11:19 AM
What a game. The starting five of Seals-Jones, Hamner, Verm, Brown and Richardson were on fire. The bench did a great job of keeping up the pace of the game. Big crowd on both sides. Loud and rocking from start to finish. Sealy was not to be denied as they gave as well as the took. Real physical at times, with the refs allowing it. Silsbee has a big time press and it resulted in 9 first quarter turn-overs. After Sealy adjusted it was a fun game to watch. Silsbee has a good team and a solid bench and it showed.
It was the second and third effort by Sealy that made the difference last night.

If you get a chance check out the re-broadcast on the Sealy Sports web site and hold on to your seat because it is high energy. The re-match against the Rattlers will be entertaining to say the least. The site and date for the game is not yet been decided.

TigerPride12
02-26-2011, 11:30 AM
It sure was an amazing game. Sealy finally had that one game where everything was brought together. Post play and fast breaks killed Silsbee down the stretch. There is no doubt in my mind Silsbee deserved to go to state last year. They are a poised team with tremendous speed and defense. The Tigers came to play and hope to continue that through playoffs. Go Tigers!

HEMOTOXIC
02-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
yea, whats going on with your predict-o-meter? you had us not playing well after the huffman game in football....

:p just horsin with ya, buddy......

Hey, blame it on the weather. How's it going buddy?