PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M 2012 Football Recruiting Updates

WestTxschwab
02-21-2011, 05:22 PM
This is what the aggies have so far(verbals). Looks pretty good, solid start and hopefully will be getting better.

Troy Green, RB

* HT 6'1"
* WT 195lbs.
* HS Brenham H.S. (TX)

Jaevon Richardson, WR

* HT 6'0"
* WT 180lbs.
* HS Robert E. Lee H.S. (TX)

Michael Richardson, DE

* HT 6'2"
* WT 230lbs.
* HS DeSoto H.S. (TX)

Jordan Richmond, OLB

* HT 6'1"
* WT 220lbs.
* HS Billy Ryan H.S. (TX)

Dennis Smith, RB

* HT 6'0"
* WT 210lbs.
* HS Wimberley H.S. (TX)

Michael Wilson, OT

* HT 6'6"
* WT 265lbs.
* HS Aledo H.S. (TX)

Adrian Bellard, OT

* HT 6'4"
* WT 295lbs.
* HS Brenham H.S. (TX)

Eric Davis, DE

* HT 6'3"
* WT 230lbs.
* HS John Tyler H.S. (TX)

Tyrone Taylor, DE [News]

* HT 6'3"
* WT 210lbs.
* HS Galena Park H.S. (TX)

Kimo Tipoti, OT

* HT 6'4"
* WT 315lbs.
* HS L. D. Bell H.S. (TX)

Logan David, DT

* HT 6'4"
* WT 345lbs.
* HS Blinn College (TX)

WestTxschwab
02-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Just recieved another verbal!!!

Trent Momon from Hempstead Tx.
listed as 6'5 and runs a 4.5 40.

either a WR or DB. We will see how this turns out.

BEAST
02-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Keep em coming Ags.

BEAST

Phil C
02-22-2011, 05:44 PM
It looks like a good class. A lot of people overlook that even though UT and other schools may get most of the top ones that there is pleanty of great talent in Texas now. Even the smaller schools are getting good coaches and good facilities. Such was not the case years ago.

navscanmaster
02-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Alonzo Williams, DE/TE
Abbeville, LA
6'4 248

Shut it down tonight. Another solid LA pickup for Sherman.

navscanmaster
02-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by WestTxschwab
Just recieved another verbal!!!

Trent Momon from Hempstead Tx.
listed as 6'5 and runs a 4.5 40.

either a WR or DB. We will see how this turns out.

All WR. Not a chance at DB. This gives the Ags two 6'5" WRs (Mike Evans 2011 is the other) and a 6'4" target in Nate Askew (2010). They are very close with Corey Thompson, and have an uphill battle with Wheeler from Crockett. He was the only JR to have a bad time at the Ags' Jr. Day, though it sounds like it was a little self inflicted.

Phil C
02-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
All WR. Not a chance at DB. This gives the Ags two 6'5" WRs (Mike Evans 2011 is the other) and a 6'4" target in Nate Askew (2010). They are very close with Corey Thompson, and have an uphill battle with Wheeler from Crockett. He was the only JR to have a bad time at the Ags' Jr. Day, though it sounds like it was a little self inflicted.

Navs you are probably right about Wheeler. I have heard that he is not being pursued by Texas anymore either. I also have heard he is a TCU lean because he and his mother prefer a smaller school. But that is all just a rumor I heard on another free site.

navscanmaster
02-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Navs you are probably right about Wheeler. I have heard that he is not being pursued by Texas anymore either. I also have heard he is a TCU lean because he and his mother prefer a smaller school. But that is all just a rumor I heard on another free site.

Yes. Quickly gaining a reputation, whether true or not, as a diva. Supposedly did not get the red carpet treatment he (or his attending family, complete with screens of Wheeler on all their shirts) was expecting, after showing up an hour late. Anyhow, the Aggie coaches are rumored to have reached out to him and his coach to try and get him back in for some one on one time. I know UT is supposed to take a small class this year, and with Thompson committed and a hard push for Cayleb and Dorial G-B to sign, taking a fourth receiver hurts their other positions of need.

navscanmaster
02-23-2011, 03:18 PM
I liked WestTxschwab's format, so here it is updated through commit #14.

Troy Green, RB

* HT 6'1"
* WT 195lbs.
* HS Brenham H.S. (TX)

Jaevon Richardson, WR

* HT 6'0"
* WT 180lbs.
* HS Robert E. Lee H.S. (TX)

Michael Richardson, DE

* HT 6'2"
* WT 230lbs.
* HS DeSoto H.S. (TX)

Jordan Richmond, OLB

* HT 6'1"
* WT 220lbs.
* HS Billy Ryan H.S. (TX)

Dennis Smith, RB

* HT 6'0"
* WT 210lbs.
* HS Wimberley H.S. (TX)

Michael Wilson, OT

* HT 6'6"
* WT 265lbs.
* HS Aledo H.S. (TX)

Adrian Bellard, OT

* HT 6'4"
* WT 295lbs.
* HS Brenham H.S. (TX)

Eric Davis, DE

* HT 6'3"
* WT 230lbs.
* HS John Tyler H.S. (TX)

Tyrone Taylor, DE [News]

* HT 6'3"
* WT 210lbs.
* HS Galena Park H.S. (TX)

Kimo Tipoti, OT

* HT 6'4"
* WT 315lbs.
* HS L. D. Bell H.S. (TX)

Logan David, DT

* HT 6'4"
* WT 345lbs.
* HS Blinn College (TX) via Rockdale, TX

Trent Momon, WR

* HT 6'5"
* WT 200lbs.
* HS Hempstead (TX)

Alonzo Williams, DE/TE

* HT 6'4"
* WT 248lbs
* HS Abbeville (LA)

Mike Matthews, OL

* HT 6'3"
* WT 260lbs
* Elkins (TX)

navscanmaster
02-23-2011, 03:20 PM
What a difference a month makes, huh? After only signing three 4 star prospects in 2011's class, they already have 7 or 8 prospects that project to 4 stars. Malcolm Brown or a Williams/Gray might be two 5 stars to throw in the mix as well.

WestTxschwab
02-23-2011, 03:45 PM
There will be some pretty big recruits at tonights bball game. The students are coming out and coming up with some stuff to make the "DUO" feel right at home. If they would commit, this class would be top 10 for sure if it stays intact.

neck_06
02-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Ken Griffey Jr. and son (WR standout) were at the Junior day...no commitment tho, he'll probably wind up as a Florida or Florida State guy (lives in Florida)

WestTxschwab
02-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Awesome that he even showed up, would be a nice get. I love the picture of David Robinson in his aggie cap at Kyle!

navscanmaster
02-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Cole, Brown, and Green were there last night, along with Shaq Cleere, the '12 roundball center from Houston the Ags are recruiting hard. No committment yet, but I think Ketchum is a doofus to say that Cole is a UT lean and could sway Brown. Brown is almost certainly an Ag, and Ketchum is the only Horn source saying anything positive about UT's chances at Cole.

navscanmaster
02-27-2011, 11:54 PM

Darion Monroe, ATH

* HT 5'11"
* WT 175lbs
* East St. John HS (Reserve, LA)

Darion Monroe is a MVP type dual threat QB, but will play DB for the Ags. He will join up with 2011 commit Floyd Raven, also an East St. John product, in the defensive secondary. Top 30 player in LA.

coach
02-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
Ken Griffey Jr. and son (WR standout) were at the Junior day...no commitment tho, he'll probably wind up as a Florida or Florida State guy (lives in Florida)

i wouldnt want to sign him. he would get hurt too much if he is anything like his dad

Rule #76
02-28-2011, 12:23 AM
I wouldn't count much on Dennis Smith. Don't think he is even enrolled at Wimberley anymore. That is the rumor that I heard. I hope it isn't true but pretty sure it is.

NastySlot
02-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Rule #76
I wouldn't count much on Dennis Smith. Don't think he is even enrolled at Wimberley anymore. That is the rumor that I heard. I hope it isn't true but pretty sure it is.

I heard the same rumor....heard he was in san marcos now..........no matter if comes to A&M or not hope he can get his life together.

WestTxschwab
02-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Just might have thrown it all away chasing his girlfriend to san marcos. Kids...I did some pretty crazy things in my years.

navscanmaster
02-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Just might have thrown it all away chasing his girlfriend to san marcos. Kids...I did some pretty crazy things in my years.

He is the most likely to be a sign and place or to simply fall off and hope for JUCO. Good back, high 3 star guy IMO. Would probably be moved to LB by the Ags, being as they are leading on high 4*/5* backs Davante Bourque from Crowley, LA and Trey Williams from Spring, TX. Not to mention having Troy Green, a higher ranked RB/LB prospect from Brenham already signed, and still being in the hunt for Gray. I think the Ags are still evaluating Ladarius Anthony as well, who is a verbal to Baylor at this time.

navscanmaster
03-01-2011, 10:24 PM
The Dominique Wheeler situation is looking better for A&M. His recruitment is picking up tremendously, but TCU and A&M are the biggest players for his services at this time. The guy will be a high 4 star if his offer list stays the same, but if big name universities keep offering, he will probably be right behind Cayleb Jones, possibly giving our state two five star receivers in what is an otherwise down year for WRs.

WestTxschwab
03-04-2011, 11:08 AM
East St. John quarterback Darion Monroe has verbally committed to play college football for Texas A&M. Monroe, 5-foot-11, 180 pounds with 4.6 speed in the 40, became Coach Mike Sherman’s 15th commitment for the Aggies’ 2012 recruiting class when he delivered the news via telephone to Sherman and assistant coach Terrell Williams on Sunday.
Tulsa also had extended an official offer to Monroe, who said he was receiving recruiting interest from Alabama, Kansas State, Kansas, LSU, Miami, Colorado, Baylor, Tennessee and SMU. Kansas, Kansas State and SMU were recruiting him as a quarterback.

San Antonio Reagan quarterback Trevor Knight committed to Texas A&M on Thursday night, choosing the Aggies over Texas Tech and TCU.

Knight, a 6-foot-2, 190-pound junior, passed for 1,320 yards and rushed for another 1,055 yards last season, accounting for 23 total touchdowns (11 passing, 12 rushing).

WestTxschwab
03-04-2011, 11:10 AM
The Ags have another huge weekend coming up, Sherman is hosting another impressive group of recruits.

Keep em' coming in....

In other news..
Jonathan Gray of Aledo narrowed his list to three schools

TCU, Texas, and Texas A&M

Tech was not on his list which was suprising to some because of his parents.

RoyceTTU
03-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Navs,

I see ya'll landed another recruit. A&M is off to a scorching start. Are you worried about de-comittments? Seems like 11 months is a long time to hold a recruit true and also seems like you handcuff yourself if there are a couple of late bloomers HS players that develop there Sr. year.

What's your thoughts?

Either way, congrats:clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
03-07-2011, 11:00 AM
He is the most likely to be a sign and place or to simply fall off and hope for JUCO. Good back, high 3 star guy IMO. Would probably be moved to LB by the Ags, being as they are leading on high 4*/5* backs Davante Bourque from Crowley, LA and Trey Williams from Spring, TX. Not to mention having Troy Green, a higher ranked RB/LB prospect from Brenham already signed, and still being in the hunt for Gray. I think the Ags are still evaluating Ladarius Anthony as well, who is a verbal to Baylor at this time. I thought he was the best back in Texas for the 2012 class?

I heard he smiles with his eyes.

16 committs is a hot start but we will see how many are rivals 100 guys or espn 150

navscanmaster
03-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I thought he was the best back in Texas for the 2012 class?

16 committs is a hot start but we will see how many are rivals 100 guys or espn 150

Who said he was the best back in TX??? Good, solid running back who has a few issues. Johnathon Gray and Trey Williams are a big step above him, and everybody knew Gray was THE stud after that Brenham title game. As for the eyes, only Gay Blue would know the answer to that.

And yes, 16 commits is looking good, and the good thing is that they are all first choice guys for Sherman. He has not had to settle for any 2nd or 3rd choice guys. They are still in the running for some big fish, and in very good position with them. If A&M could land a few of the following, they would have a top ten class.

QB Matt Davis (Top 3)

RB Johnathan Gray (Top 3)
RB Trey Williams (Top 3 - A&M Lean)

WR Dominique Wheeler (Top 3)
WR Reginald Davis (Top 5)

OT Kennedy Estelle (Top 3 - UT Lean)

DE Michael Starts (Top 5 - UT Lean)
DE Javonte Magee (Top 3 - A&M Lean)
DT Malcom Brown (Heavy A&M Lean)

ILB Derek David (Note at bottom)
ILB Tim Cole (Head-Head A&M Lean)
ILB Dalton Santon (Shaky OSU Commit)
OLB Denzell Devall (Top 3 - A&M Lean)
OLB Lorenzo Phillips (Top 3 - A&M Lean)

DB Corey Thompson (A&M Lean)
DB Collin Blake (Top 3)
DB LaDarrell McNeil (Top 3 - Slight A&M Lean)
DB Kenneth Marshall (Top 3 - Slight A&M Lean)

ATH Devante Bourque (Top 5 - Slight A&M Lean)

Two notes: Starts is partial to playing defense, and his favorite, UT, has offered at O-Line. A&M has offered at D-Line. David's older brother is already a 2012 JUCO commit, and that could play in A&M's favor to switch his verbal from Tech. There are some other factors that affect his committment that cannot be discussed on this board)

Old Tiger
03-07-2011, 04:34 PM
all of texags when he committed

navscanmaster
03-07-2011, 06:00 PM
all of texags when he committed

Jesus. There is sunshine pumping on every CFB board. Kind of a bold statement to label any prospect as best when they haven't even started their junior year of high school, I agree, but that is not the mood of TexAgs now. You can't take anything you read in the zoo seriously. The premium boards are where the majority of the brainpower is.

NastySlot
03-07-2011, 07:48 PM
I thought he was the best back in Texas for the 2012 class?

you going to give espn credit for something...I thought all you horns were hard them cause they handed sc the title and claimed them to be the best in the universe..........oh but wait they have some credibility cause they gave you a whole network.

navscanmaster
03-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
you going to give espn credit for something...I thought all you horns were hard them cause they handed sc the title and claimed them to be the best in the universe..........oh but wait they have some credibility cause they gave you a whole network.

I give absolutely no credit to any of the scouting services. Guys will be 3 stars until they pick up an offer from a "darling" program, and then they are suddenly re-evaluated and given the extra star. Some of them pan out, some don't. Some two and three star talent is televised every Sunday and some Mondays, while a pretty good amount of five star guys are God knows where.

WestTxschwab
03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Prized recruit

Aledo High School running back Johnathan Gray, one of the nation's top 2012 recruits, watched Tuesday's practice with his father, James. Gray is said to have narrowed his choice to TCU and Texas

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/03/08/2906795/tcu-coach-gary-patterson-puts.html##ixzz1G7q8N8zP

Old Tiger
03-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Prized recruit

Aledo High School running back Johnathan Gray, one of the nation's top 2012 recruits, watched Tuesday's practice with his father, James. Gray is said to have narrowed his choice to TCU and Texas

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/03/08/2906795/tcu-coach-gary-patterson-puts.html##ixzz1G7q8N8zP People has known it has been a TCU/Texas battle for a long time.

Heard he loved the Texas practices he watched.

WestTxschwab
03-10-2011, 12:39 PM
The paper is reporting this but he is still going to go to a Texas A&M spring practice very soon.

navscanmaster
03-10-2011, 08:38 PM
People has known it has been a TCU/Texas battle for a long time.

Heard he loved the Texas practices he watched.

The ST is running a story tomorrow or Sat. retracting that statement, because it was not factual. He is still going to A&M's practice and they are very much still in the running according to Gray Jr. and Gray Sr.

Old LB
03-10-2011, 09:10 PM
The ST is running a story tomorrow or Sat. retracting that statement, because it was not factual. He is still going to A&M's practice and they are very much still in the running according to Gray Jr. and Gray Sr.

This kid can go any where he likes, why would he pick the fat girl at the dance when he can go to Texas?

Saggy Aggie
03-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
This kid can go any where he likes, why would he pick the fat girl at the dance when he can go to Texas? :doh:

Must be a t-shirt fan.

Old LB
03-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
:doh:

Must be a t-shirt fan.

No sir, been a Texas fan from the beginning.

Saggy Aggie
03-10-2011, 10:28 PM
No sir, been a Texas fan from the beginning. Exactly lol

NastySlot
03-10-2011, 11:28 PM
This kid can go any where he likes, why would he pick the fat girl at the dance when he can go to Texas?

maybe he's living his own dream......or would that be more like his own life..............not yours....or your dream.

RoyceTTU
03-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
maybe he's living his own dream......or would that be more like his own life..............not yours....or your dream.

I just wish he would live his father's dream:clap: :clap:

Roc96
03-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Gray's NFL hopes would be realized much sooner with him running behind that offensive blocking machine that's been established at A&M.

Old Tiger
03-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Roc96
Gray's NFL hopes would be realized much sooner with him running behind that offensive blocking machine that's been established at A&M. Jamaal Charles says hello.

I would look for Texas offensive line play to be much improved over the tenure that Gray would have if he chose to come to Texas.

BEAST
03-11-2011, 11:01 AM

If things continue they way they appear, Texas would be the fat girl at the dance.

BEAST

RoyceTTU
03-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Since TTU is out of the picture, I hope he goes to TCU. I really don't want to see him across the sidelines. He's a stud.

Old LB
03-11-2011, 11:31 AM
I really don't care where he goes, I was just pickin at the Aggies. Texas won't be down long though.

navscanmaster
03-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Been a while since an update has been posted here, so...

Number 17 was Lorenzo Phillips, a top OLB prospect from Patterson, LA who also holds an offer from LSU. He said A&M was where his heart was, but proceeded to open his commitment back up the next day at an LSU visit with his HS coach. I would say he is 50/50 at this point. LSU is going to hard to turn down with his supporting cast.

The real number 17 is Corey Thompson, Fort Bend Elkins, an ATH prospect on the major scouting services who is being recruited as a safety for the Ags. The 6'2" 195 pounder is a legacy, his father Tony was an Aggie FB player. He also held a recent offer from Arkansas and has been on OU, Baylor, and UT's radars recently.

The Brenham duo of Tim Cole and Malcom Brown are close to making a decision. Most people close to the recruits think that Brown is an A&M lock, but is waiting on Cole to decide. If they want to play together, it is going to be at A&M. Cole is probably leaning toward the Horns now, but it is hard to tell since he is tight lipped about his preference. Brown following Cole to UT would be a MAJOR shocker.

There hasn't been any new news to report on Jon Gray, but Trey Williams is reportedly down to A&M and Auburn with the good guys having the slightest edge. He was supposed to take some trips, but baseball season has his schedule muddied.

The Ags are leading with a few other big prospects as well. Denzel Devall, a LB from Bastrop, LA who is a top LA talent, and Devante Bourque, an ATH prospect being recruited as a WR, are both high on A&M, even with LSU's eye of Sauron turning on them. LaDarrell McNeil of A Maceo Smith is liking the Ags over OU, but it may take offering his teammate Lowry to get a quick commit. The Ags are also close to getting commits from Colin Blake, a tall CB from S.A. and Kenneth Marshall, considered the best cover corner in the state for 2012. He is rumored as being cornered by OSU's street gang, so anything can happen there.

NewSherriff
03-27-2011, 11:23 AM
If the Aggies drop Dennis Smith from contention....they need to pick up on Trent Jackson from Cuero. One of the most under rated big backs on the market. If you have ever seen this kid run, you know exactly what I am talking about. He is better than Dennis Smith....clearly. Was out last year with a knee injury, but has had everything taken care of in the off season. He is looking good and will be a horse for Cuero next season.

navscanmaster
03-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by NewSherriff
If the Aggies drop Dennis Smith from contention....they need to pick up on Trent Jackson from Cuero. One of the most under rated big backs on the market. If you have ever seen this kid run, you know exactly what I am talking about. He is better than Dennis Smith....clearly. Was out last year with a knee injury, but has had everything taken care of in the off season. He is looking good and will be a horse for Cuero next season.

He is an Aggie recruit. They are watching him and more than likely waiting to see how he recovers from his junior year injury.

Today, the Ags picked up their second 2013 commit from the early pick for the top wideout in the state, Jamar Gibson of Baytown Sterling. As a freshman, he was an all district linebacker. As a 6'2" 190 lb sophomore, he caught 48 passes for 771 yards and 11 TDs on a bad Sterling team.

Old Tiger
03-28-2011, 01:20 PM
He is an Aggie recruit. They are watching him and more than likely waiting to see how he recovers from his junior year injury.

his injury should be the least of their concerns.

Dogman_1969
04-03-2011, 04:51 PM
So much for an aggie lock on Brown and Cole. Both committed to UT at the spring game today..........

navscanmaster
04-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
So much for an aggie lock on Brown and Cole. Both committed to UT at the spring game today..........

Cole was kind of expected. WTH on Brown though. Blind-sided. It would take a horrible year by the Horns to flip him back. Just ridiculous to lead for a kid for so long, have him love everything about the Ags, and then have Mack steal him out from under you during a joke of a spring game.

NastySlot
04-03-2011, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by navscanmaster
Cole was kind of expected. WTH on Brown though. Blind-sided. It would take a horrible year by the Horns to flip him back. Just ridiculous to lead for a kid for so long, have him love everything about the Ags, and then have Mack steal him out from under you during a joke of a spring game. [/QUOTE

if the shoe was on the other foot..............we would be seeing a lot of post with these symbols:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old Tiger
04-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Apparently Brown committed before Cole...

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2011/4/5/2092351/tim-cole-malcom-brown-discuss-texas-commitments

Says he would like to shine as a 4-3 dt/nt and not be just a body in a 3-4

navscanmaster
04-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Ags are up to 18 commits now. You can consider Dennis Smith's offer basically null now.

Trey Williams, 5'8 170
RB Spring-Dekaney

Scout.com #5 RB nationally, five stars
Rivals.com TBD (probably four star, but edging on five)

Matt Davis, 6'2 195
QB Klein Forest

Scout.com #4 QB nationally, four stars
Rivals.com TBD (four star lock)

Number 19 is shaping up to be Bralon Addison, the ATH from FB Hightower, who is close friends with Davis and Williams. Sherman's policy is for verbals with other schools to inform the other school's coaching staff before accepting a switch of verbal.

If Addison waits, Denzel Devall, a DE/OLB type prospect from Bastrop, LA is reportedly close to pulling the trigger. He is a four star prospect that is much like Lorenzo Phillips, fighting the pressure that comes with being one of the best in Louisiana and not being in love with LSU. They fight tooth and nail to keep the top talent in state.

navscanmaster
05-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Sorry for being late, but #19 was 4 star athlete Davante Bourque from Crowley, LA. A&M has recruited him at his HS position of RB. Other SEC schools were recruiting him mainly as a WR, with LSU being the main competition.

Number 20 came yesterday from a rising DE prospect from West St. Mary's (Baldwin, LA). Jerald Hawkins stands at 6'6" and weighs 285 pounds. He has not really been evaluated much by the scouting services or big time colleges because the school he plays at is 2A and he is a four sport star, though he did win state in the shot put. The Ags thought enough of him to offer, and he committed. This could mean that they are thinking that the chances of landing Javonte Magee or Michael Starts are starting to fade.

Number 21 came from Mississippi Gulf Coast C.C. corner Otis Jacobs. Otis was a big time 5A player in Louisiana though mainly on his speed alone. He may not be another Coryell Judie, and this is one of the only two prospects I think are a "reach" this year by Sherman and the staff. I think they are still in the race for Colin Blake and LaDarrell McNeil, and taking a JUCO corner with an insignificant offer list is kind of a head scratcher.

As far as remaining top prospects, here is what the Ags are still pursuing:

QB: Done (Two 4 star commits)
RB: Done (Two 4 star commits)
WR: Dominique Wheeler (50/50 vs. TCU)
WR: Bralon Addison (Likely this weekend as #22)
WR: Reginald Davis (Tech Commit, very unlikely)
TE: Dominik Ramacher (no offer yet)
OL: Kennedy Estelle (Texas/SEC Lean, unlikely)
DE/OLB: Denzel Devall (Heavy A&M Lean)
DE: Javonte Magee (Baylor Lean)
DE: Michael Starts (commitment wide open)
DT: Malcom Brown (Texas Commit, unlikely but they can't give up on the one that got away)
ILB: Dalton Santos (OSU Commit, once was close to switching to A&M, but is now picking up a sick offer list)
OLB: Lorenzo Phillips (De-Commit, less likely these days)
DB: Colin Blake (50/50 w/TCU)
DB: LaDarrell McNeil (wide open unless we offer his teammate D. Lawry)
DB/FS: Kenneth Marshall (OSU Commit)

Notice the 3A talent on the list here:
Dalton Santos, Van
Javonte Magee, S.A. Sam Houston
Michael Starts, La Vega

Also, it is amazing how much A&M is recruiting Louisiana, and the success they are having doing so. They will not ever come close to locking down top talent like LSU does there, but plucking a handful of blue chippers from there every year would help maintain the talent level should it remain as fierce in Texas recruiting as it is now. It used to be just Texas and A&M, but besides LSU and Arkansas targeting a few top prospects, Oklahoma and OSU take half their classes from Texas and have success on the football field to back it up.

NastySlot
05-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Sorry for being late, but #19 was 4 star athlete Davante Bourque from Crowley, LA. A&M has recruited him at his HS position of RB. Other SEC schools were recruiting him mainly as a WR, with LSU being the main competition.

Number 20 came yesterday from a rising DE prospect from West St. Mary's (Baldwin, LA). Jerald Hawkins stands at 6'6" and weighs 285 pounds. He has not really been evaluated much by the scouting services or big time colleges because the school he plays at is 2A and he is a four sport star, though he did win state in the shot put. The Ags thought enough of him to offer, and he committed. This could mean that they are thinking that the chances of landing Javonte Magee or Michael Starts are starting to fade.

Number 21 came from Mississippi Gulf Coast C.C. corner Otis Jacobs. Otis was a big time 5A player in Louisiana though mainly on his speed alone. He may not be another Coryell Judie, and this is one of the only two prospects I think are a "reach" this year by Sherman and the staff. I think they are still in the race for Colin Blake and LaDarrell McNeil, and taking a JUCO corner with an insignificant offer list is kind of a head scratcher.

As far as remaining top prospects, here is what the Ags are still pursuing:

QB: Done (Two 4 star commits)
RB: Done (Two 4 star commits)
WR: Dominique Wheeler (50/50 vs. TCU)
WR: Bralon Addison (Likely this weekend as #22)
WR: Reginald Davis (Tech Commit, very unlikely)
TE: Dominik Ramacher (no offer yet)
OL: Kennedy Estelle (Texas/SEC Lean, unlikely)
DE/OLB: Denzel Devall (Heavy A&M Lean)
DE: Javonte Magee (Baylor Lean)
DE: Michael Starts (commitment wide open)
DT: Malcom Brown (Texas Commit, unlikely but they can't give up on the one that got away)
ILB: Dalton Santos (OSU Commit, once was close to switching to A&M, but is now picking up a sick offer list)
OLB: Lorenzo Phillips (De-Commit, less likely these days)
DB: Colin Blake (50/50 w/TCU)
DB: LaDarrell McNeil (wide open unless we offer his teammate D. Lawry)
DB/FS: Kenneth Marshall (OSU Commit)

Notice the 3A talent on the list here:
Dalton Santos, Van
Javonte Magee, S.A. Sam Houston
Michael Starts, La Vega

Also, it is amazing how much A&M is recruiting Louisiana, and the success they are having doing so. They will not ever come close to locking down top talent like LSU does there, but plucking a handful of blue chippers from there every year would help maintain the talent level should it remain as fierce in Texas recruiting as it is now. It used to be just Texas and A&M, but besides LSU and Arkansas targeting a few top prospects, Oklahoma and OSU take half their classes from Texas and have success on the football field to back it up.

like I told my son last night .....I love getting Louisiana kids.

Old Tiger
05-12-2011, 12:35 PM
sounds like Texas is getting back in on Wheeler....

apparently he eliminated A&M from contention.

Hear is down to Auburn, TCU, and LSU.

navscanmaster
05-12-2011, 04:51 PM
sounds like Texas is getting back in on Wheeler....

apparently he eliminated A&M from contention.

Hear is down to Auburn, TCU, and LSU.

Everything I have read has said the opposite. Something to do with an estranged family member and a street agent at first, supposedly resolved. If you believe what the kid actually says himself, A&M is still in his top three and was his first choice months ago.

navscanmaster
05-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Not football, but Peyton Little, the all star guard from Abilene Wylie decommitted from Texas a few weeks ago and committed to the good guys as well last night. Definitely 3A related!

navscanmaster
05-14-2011, 07:56 PM
As expected, F.B. Hightower ATH Bralon Addison committed to Sherman today after taking his mom on a tour of the facilities and having her meet the coaches. He was previously committed to Oklahoma State but opened things back up about a month ago. Bralon plays QB for the Hurricanes, but projects as a slot WR for the Ags. 5'10 188 with verified 4.4 speed, he is also capable of playing DB for DeRuyter. Rated as a 4 star by both major services.

Great pickup for Texas A&M, and keeps the ball rolling on recruiting. At this point, the Aggies have 4-6 scholarships left to hand out. 28 is considered the shut down number, though 25 is what the magic number would be assuming no further attrition. They have not been in the position of only being able to take the best talent available in a while. The only glaring weakness left to fill is DT. Malcom Brown may just be a pipe dream, but they will stay on him until the last second.

If I had my pick of the last 4 to make it 26 as most analysts and insiders think the final number will be, I would choose:

DE/OLB Denzel Devall, Bastrop, LA
DT/DE Javonte Magee, S.A. Sam Houston
WR Dominique Wheeler, Crockett
S/DB LaDarrell McNeil

If it went to 28, I would add:
OLB Lorenzo Phillips, Patterson, LA
ILB Dalton Santos, Van or Dominique Ramacher, Denton Guyer

FWIW, anyhow.

CHSVARSITYDAD
05-16-2011, 03:10 PM
I will be surprised if Trent Jackson plays football next season, I believe hes in a little trouble. Not spreading anything, just know he had a run in.

navscanmaster
05-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by CHSVARSITYDAD
I will be surprised if Trent Jackson plays football next season, I believe hes in a little trouble. Not spreading anything, just know he had a run in.

Not commenting on Trent, but what is it with big 3A running back prospects and keeping things straight off the field? I think Whaley is the only big timer to stay straight and he is a freaking defensive end now!

Old Tiger
05-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Not commenting on Trent, but what is it with big 3A running back prospects and keeping things straight off the field? I think Whaley is the only big timer to stay straight and he is a freaking defensive end now! Why don't you ask Dextrer Pratt?

navscanmaster
05-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Why don't you ask Dextrer Pratt?

Exactly. Although I don't remember the extra "r" in Dexter. Guess that's what you expect from a t-shirt Longhorn's education.:devil:

j/k don't get all wound up.:nerd:

Old Tiger
05-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Exactly. Although I don't remember the extra "r" in Dexter. Guess that's what you expect from a t-shirt Longhorn's education.:devil:

j/k don't get all wound up.:nerd: lol I'm not wound up, ever. lol

navscanmaster
05-18-2011, 07:43 PM
lol I'm not wound up, ever. lol

You're right. I remember how the last username checked out of the downlow. Classic.

Old Tiger
05-18-2011, 07:44 PM
lol....epic win!

Phil C
09-06-2011, 11:23 AM
The Aggies got a good DB in Colin Blake of New Braunfels. He had offers from Oklahoma, California and TCU so he is probably going to be a good one. I think UT may have dropped the ball on this one by waiting too long for out of staters to make up their minds but I respect them more than some of the SEC schools that overdo the offers and then don't honor it to make room for later recruits.

NastySlot
09-06-2011, 01:30 PM
The Aggies got a good DB in Colin Blake of New Braunfels. He had offers from Oklahoma, California and TCU so he is probably going to be a good one. I think UT may have dropped the ball on this one by waiting too long for out of staters to make up their minds but I respect them more than some of the SEC schools that overdo the offers and then don't honor it to make room for later recruits.

I believe he's from Brandis out of the Northside District in S.A.

icu812
09-06-2011, 01:56 PM
As expected, F.B. Hightower ATH Bralon Addison committed to Sherman today after taking his mom on a tour of the facilities and having her meet the coaches. He was previously committed to Oklahoma State but opened things back up about a month ago. Bralon plays QB for the Hurricanes, but projects as a slot WR for the Ags. 5'10 188 with verified 4.4 speed, he is also capable of playing DB for DeRuyter. Rated as a 4 star by both major services.

Great pickup for Texas A&M, and keeps the ball rolling on recruiting. At this point, the Aggies have 4-6 scholarships left to hand out. 28 is considered the shut down number, though 25 is what the magic number would be assuming no further attrition. They have not been in the position of only being able to take the best talent available in a while. The only glaring weakness left to fill is DT. Malcom Brown may just be a pipe dream, but they will stay on him until the last second.

If I had my pick of the last 4 to make it 26 as most analysts and insiders think the final number will be, I would choose:

DE/OLB Denzel Devall, Bastrop, LA
DT/DE Javonte Magee, S.A. Sam Houston
WR Dominique Wheeler, Crockett
S/DB LaDarrell McNeil

If it went to 28, I would add:
OLB Lorenzo Phillips, Patterson, LA
ILB Dalton Santos, Van or Dominique Ramacher, Denton Guyer

FWIW, anyhow.

Although Santos gave his verbal to Tenn. I wouldn't count A&M out of it just yet. At the time one of his major reasons for going to Tenn. was his desire to play in the SEC. If A&M was SEC bound at the time he may have chosen differently.

Old Tiger
12-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Decommits:

Marcus Johnson
Eddie Porter

NastySlot
12-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Decommits:

Marcus Johnson
Eddie Porter

isn't Johnson the one that decommitted from tech around thanksgiving and decommitted from A&M a few days ago?

figured he would end up at OSU

RoyceTTU
01-25-2012, 01:51 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/428868_3193238675046_1388288331_33281495_602185506 _n.jpg

"If he de-commit from A&M, the Big 12 in trouble, cuz you damn sholl cant
stop both of us... #Them Williams' Boys"

:eek:

How good Trey's verbal to ATMU??? This showed up on Tyson's facebook page

Old Tiger
01-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Hear the Aggies are down to 19 recruits...

Darion Monroe decommited from the Aggies to former SEC powerhouse Tulane.

Old Tiger
01-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Decommits:

Jevele Edwards
Davante Bourque
Lorenzo Phillips
Eric Davis
Colin Blake
Corey Thompson
Brailon Addison
Darion Monroe
Michael Wilson
Eddie Porter

Grade Drops:
Jaevon richardson
Marion Grice
Logan David
Trent Momon
Adrian Bellard
Troy Green

navscanmaster
01-31-2012, 05:47 PM
decommits:

Jevele edwards (never heard of this guy and was never an a&m commit)
davante bourque (promised to be only rb in miles' lsu class and bought it hook line and sinker. La boy.)
lorenzo phillips (who also decommitted from florida, houston, and ended up back at lsu. La boy.)
eric davis (expressed concern about his role to sherman's coaching staff, was told he would be a project. Better fit as a 4-3 de than the old 3-4. Wish we had him back now.)
colin blake (never contacted by sumlin or marcel yates. Head scratching, but i don't blame him either for decommitting in that case.)
corey thompson (hurts to lose this one, and yet another recruit that bought les miles b.s. If craig loston can't see the field there, i doubt corey will either.)
brailon addison (not decommitted yet, and still may sign with a&m tomorrow)
darion monroe (head scratcher. Wanted to play close to home, doesn't like lsu. Apparently didn't hear what he wanted from yates as to his role at a&m. Tulane.....really?)
michael wilson (should have held on to this one, but look at a&m's depth chart and the quality of the guys in front of him. Destined for a career backup role barring injuries.)
eddie porter (grade risk, online classes not allowed by sec rules for jucos. Automatically eliminated)

grade drops:
Jaevon richardson (yep)
marion grice (again, sec and online classes)
logan david (both, online classes and grades)
trent momon (not over yet, but a&m appears to have moved on.)
adrian bellard (not over yet)
troy green (not really a grade risk, but decided not to play football, lost offer, and decided he would play again at juco. Wierd.)

fify, also add Jerald Hawkins from LA. Humongous OT/DL prospect that later committed to LSU when the offer came. Don't they all in that state? Except Landon Collins, lol.

navscanmaster
01-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Now, there is always a positive angle (it is not all doom and gloom in College Station, despite what ESPN and the minions of internet naysayers want you to think).

A&M's current class as it looks at this hour.

Signed and enrolled
Matt Davis, QB, 6-2/202, Consensus 4 Star, Rivals 3rd ranked dual threat QB, Scout/ESPN 6th ranked QB
Otis Jacobs, DB, 6-1/180, Consensus 3 Star, Rivals 31st ranked JUCO prospect
Kenneth Marshall, DB, 6-0/191, 3-4 Star, Rivals 40th ranked S, Scout 20th ranked S, ESPN 42nd ranked S
Derel Walker, WR 6-2/175, Consensus 3 Star, Rivals 25th ranked JUCO prospect

Verbal Commits
Bralon Addison, WR, 5-10/182, Consensus 4 Star, Rivals/ESPN 18th ranked WR, Scout 24th ranked WR
Adrian Bellard, OL, 6-5/295, 3-4 Star, Not ranked by Rivals, Scout 30th ranked OG, ESPN 33rd ranked OT
DeVante Harris, DB, 5-11/160, Consensus 4 Star, Rivals 3rd ranked DB, Scout 16th ranked DB, ESPN 11th ranked DB
Sabian Holmes, WR, 5-11/175, Consensus 3 Star, Not ranked by Rivals, Scout 69th ranked DB, ESPN 49th ranked DB
Germain Ifedi, OL, 6-5/304, 3-4 Star, Rivals 28th ranked OT, Scout 15th ranked OG, ESPN 26th ranked OT
Polo Manukainiu, DE, 6-6/256, 3-4 Star, Rivals 30th ranked DE, Scout 39th ranked DE, ESPN 33rd ranked DE
Mike Matthews, OL, 6-3/260, 3-4 Star, Rivals 1st ranked C, Scout 5th ranked C, ESPN 7th ranked C
Trent Momon, WR, 6-5/190, Consensus 3 Star, Rivals 90th ranked WR, Scout 79th ranked WR, ESPN 130th ranked WR
Julien Obioha, DE, 6-4/255, Consensus 3 Star, Not ranked by Rivals, Scout 63rd ranked DE, ESPN 51st ranked DE
Edward Pope, ATH, 6-3/170, 3-4 Star, Rivals 17th ranked ATH, Scout 70th ranked WR, ESPN 30th ranked S
Michael Richardson, DE/OLB, 6-2/228, 3-4 Star, Rivals 28th ranked DE, Scout 38th ranked DE, ESPN 21st ranked DE
Jordan Richmond, LB, 6-1/220, Consensus 4 Star, Rivals 26th ranked OLB, Scout 30th ranked OLB, ESPN 8th ranked OLB
Tyrone Taylor, DE, 6-3/210, 3-4 Star, Not ranked by Rivals, Scout 71st ranked DE, ESPN 25th ranked DE
Kimo Tipoti, OL, 6-3/330, 3-4 Star, Rivals 22nd ranked OG, Scout 26th ranked OT, ESPN 42nd ranked OT
Alonzo Williams, DE, 6-4/248, Consensus 3 Star, Not ranked by Rivals, Scout 64th ranked DE, ESPN 108th ranked DE
Trey Williams, RB, 5-8/175 4-5 Star, Rivals 3rd ranked RB, Scout 3rd ranked RB, ESPN 5th ranked RB

Currently A&M's class is ranked 10th by Rivals, 11th by ESPN, and 16th by Scout. The potential is there to lose Bralon Addison, but likely gain Thomas Johnson, who is a higher ranked WR prospect on all three sites. If A&M keeps both, the ranking will increase. If the still persistent rumors of Hassan Ridgeway pulling a signing day switch happen (unlikely IMO), it would be that much better. So even with all of the above decommits and grade drops, still not bad. Noticeable bald spot? Defensive tackle. Thanks Tim Cole.

Old Tiger
02-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Its being reported on TexAgs that the fax machine is out of toner...no lie! Can't make this up....such a disappointing day for the ags.

Saggy Aggie
02-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Trey Williams and Thomas Johnson are Aggies

BEAST
02-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Trey Williams and Thomas Johnson are Aggies

Sweet. Nice pick up.

BEAST

Phil C
02-18-2012, 10:14 PM
2013 Recruit Ismael Wilson OL from Dallas commited to the Aggies today. He is a good one.

Old Tiger
02-18-2012, 10:18 PM
2013 Recruit Ismael Wilson OL from Dallas commited to the Aggies today. He is a good one.70% chance of decommit once LSU offers if they do.