Go Tony #14!!!!

turbostud
02-20-2011, 05:45 PM
20 year old kid wins it. WOW.

Sweetwater Red
02-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by turbostud

I watched the last couple of laps. The UPS kid screwed up didn't he?

I use to be a fan of Nascar when I was a kid. I just can't get into it anymore. IMO these guys are
sissies compared to the drivers of the 70's and
80's. Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon are the
biggest ones.

Emerson1
02-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
I could win it if my car is running good enough.

NASCAR drivers are right there with baseball managers and how overblown what they do is.

bobcat1
02-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Awesome race. Robby Gordon needs to be booted from Nascar. He causes so much crap.

Maroon87
02-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

NASCAR drivers are right there with baseball managers and how overblown what they do is.

Save it.:hand:

sinfan75
02-20-2011, 07:31 PM
NASCAR back for 9 glorious months.:D

turbostud
02-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Gotta love the NASCAR haters. doesnt take much to get them to come out. I'm not even much of a fan, I just like watching the Daytona 500. I'll pick up the season around the last race if its interesting.
Kinda like MLB and NBA. I cant watch it until the playoffs.

44 Magnum
02-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Maybe I have not seen a NASCAR race in a long time, but I hated the tag-team racing where everyone was teamed up with another driver to be pushed or bump draft off of another driver. It definitely wasn't every man for himself. It was like a "I'll help you if you'll help me". I absolutely hated it. I remember when drafting off of another car was an offensive move to save gas and sling shot around competitors. Not to mentioned it might not even be true teammates that were teaming up. Ridiculous!

Trashman
02-20-2011, 08:53 PM
NASCAR - Non Athletic Sports Centered Around Rednecks:D

Sweetwater Red
02-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
NASCAR - Non Athletic Sports Centered Around Rednecks:D

Not to mention that everyone of today's drivers would get beat up by Danica Patrick in a street fight.

Trashman
02-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Not to mention that everyone of today's drivers would get beat up by Danica Patrick in a street fight.

:thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind wrestling her myself.......:D

Old Tiger
02-20-2011, 10:25 PM
I'd rather watch wimminz basketball over Nascar.

Maroon87
02-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger

You probably watch that anyway...:p

Ernest T Bass
02-21-2011, 12:37 AM
How do you get started in NASCAR? I may have to make a career change soon.

coach
02-21-2011, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1

:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
02-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
You probably watch that anyway...:p Heck no.

Old Tiger
02-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
How do you get started in NASCAR? I may have to make a career change soon. Some say it starts by running in small circles to the left.

Ernest T Bass
02-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Some say it starts by running in small circles to the left.

Seriously, they don't have college NASCAR. Do they have minor leagues?

crzyjournalist03
02-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Seriously, they don't have college NASCAR. Do they have minor leagues?

Yeah, you pretty much have to start in dirt tracks or ARCA races and get noticed.

Or if you're filthy rich, you build a car, hire a team, and apply for a license, and then just go in and qualify yourself.

Ernest T Bass
02-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Yeah, you pretty much have to start in dirt tracks or ARCA races and get noticed.

Or if you're filthy rich, you build a car, hire a team, and apply for a license, and then just go in and qualify yourself.
Damn, too much time and luck involved in that. Scratch that idea, then.

crzyjournalist03
02-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Damn, too much time and luck involved in that. Scratch that idea, then.

If you send me $100, I'll send you an envelope with details of my secret scheme to make millions.

AP Panther Fan
02-21-2011, 11:28 AM

I'd rather watch golf over Nascar and that is not saying much...

Ernest T Bass
02-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
If you send me $100, I'll send you an envelope with details of my secret scheme to make millions.

Take a post-dated check?

PPHSfan
02-21-2011, 07:35 PM
This simply proves what I've known for years. NASCAR is not a sport, it is a mechanics contest. The people who build the cars and call the shots are the genius behind this spectacle. How else can you explain a kid not even old enough to buy beer or gamble in Vegas beating forty more rednecks at something they have been doing longer than he's been pulling his pud? The drivers are just the hired help that do all of the dangerous work. Kinda like road construction crews that fill potholes while Texas drivers fly their suburbans down the road doing eighty five through heavy traffic.

DDBooger
02-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
This simply proves what I've known for years. NASCAR is not a sport, it is a mechanics contest. The people who build the cars and call the shots are the genius behind this spectacle. How else can you explain a kid not even old enough to buy beer or gamble in Vegas beating forty more rednecks at something they have been doing longer than he's been pulling his pud? The drivers are just the hired help that do all of the dangerous work. Kinda like road construction crews that fill potholes while Texas drivers fly their suburbans down the road doing eighty five through heavy traffic. LMAO funniest post all day

crzyjournalist03
02-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
This simply proves what I've known for years. NASCAR is not a sport, it is a mechanics contest. The people who build the cars and call the shots are the genius behind this spectacle. How else can you explain a kid not even old enough to buy beer or gamble in Vegas beating forty more rednecks at something they have been doing longer than he's been pulling his pud? The drivers are just the hired help that do all of the dangerous work. Kinda like road construction crews that fill potholes while Texas drivers fly their suburbans down the road doing eighty five through heavy traffic.

there's a lot of truth in that, but then again, have you seen the kind of money those drivers rake in every week? They don't even have to finish a lap and they make more money in that week than a lot of us make in a year.