PDA

View Full Version : ESPNBYU network

NastySlot
02-18-2011, 11:57 AM
BYU and ESPN are entering the first year of an eight-year deal for the network to show all BYU home games and neutral site games where the Cougars are the designated home team. In addition to the TCU game, ESPN announced that it will air the Sept. 23 Central Florida-BYU and the Oct. 30 Utah State-BYU games at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN.

to me it looks like a better deal than the espnut..........byu already has a network to show lectures, concerts and other sports.

taken from espn dallas

cotulla
02-18-2011, 12:17 PM
wow... if this continues, how many ESPN channels will there be?

I mean if there's enough demand for BYU channel, there has to be enough for OU, USC, Oregon, etc.

NastySlot
02-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by cotulla

I mean if there's enough demand for BYU channel, there has to be enough for OU, USC, Oregon, etc.

conferences had been smart they would be all over their own networks ....ie Big Ten Network.

Emerson1
02-18-2011, 01:59 PM
I don't think it's a network. I think it's just a TV deal to televise their games.

Old Tiger
02-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by cotulla

I mean if there's enough demand for BYU channel, there has to be enough for OU, USC, Oregon, etc. Its not a network and there are a lot of Mormons

Maroon87
02-18-2011, 03:39 PM
There's already a BYU channel on DirecTV but it's mostly public affairs type stuff related to the school or the church.

NastySlot
02-18-2011, 05:31 PM
i was being sarcastic.......sorta like calling nbc the notre dame network.....i ve watched that BYU channel....they will show a lot of classic games in all sports.

coach
02-19-2011, 10:24 PM
I will watch it as long as jimmer freddette is playing for them

PPHSfan
02-19-2011, 11:15 PM
While there will be MANY ESPN channels. ESPNBYU will be known as the Celestial Network. All other schools will be allowed to play games on the Lessor ESPN's but from time to time BYU will come down and mentor them.

Cameron Crazy
02-20-2011, 04:39 AM
I'm very surprised they would want to do anything with BYU.