PDA

View Full Version : My 6 year old

lulu
02-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Grandson lost his best buddy today. He had a brown lab. His name was Kale. Lucas' little heart is broken. He and Kale roamed the woods behind my daughters house together, watched TV and talked his problems over with Kale. Anyway Kale came down with cancer a few weeks ago and they were going to put him down last week but he was still eating and wagging his tail until last night and they decided to wait. Last night he started looking for a place to refuge and had developed a huge new tumor
When Bonnie got in from work today hew met her tail wagging but was bleeding and could barely walk...had vomited a lot. She picked him up and put all 115 lbs of him in the truck and as soon as Lucas got home (just minutes) she
let him climb in to say bye. Took him to his vet and let him go on his last journey.He was 11 1/2 years old and very well trained and very loved by all of us.

Bonnie says she don't think it has really registered with Lucas but in the next few days I'm sure he will come to realize that Kale will not be coming home again.

Please say a little prayer for Lucas,,
that he will understand as much as a 6 year old can and that they will find him a new puppy to share his heart with soon.

Lucas' Mother is my daughter that had the rare blood disease and had a bone marrow transplant in 2008. He spent many months with me while his Mom was in Houston so he's a bit scared about losing people (and dogs) he loves. I know he will be fine but my heart hurts for him.

So send positive thoughts for him and a little prayer please? lulu

SintonFan
02-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Will do.

coach
02-17-2011, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by lulu
Grandson lost his best buddy today. He had a brown lab. His name was Kale. Lucas' little heart is broken. He and Kale roamed the woods behind my daughters house together, watched TV and talked his problems over with Kale. Anyway Kale came down with cancer a few weeks ago and they were going to put him down last week but he was still eating and wagging his tail until last night and they decided to wait. Last night he started looking for a place to refuge and had developed a huge new tumor
When Bonnie got in from work today hew met her tail wagging but was bleeding and could barely walk...had vomited a lot. She picked him up and put all 115 lbs of him in the truck and as soon as Lucas got home (just minutes) she
let him climb in to say bye. Took him to his vet and let him go on his last journey.He was 11 1/2 years old and very well trained and very loved by all of us.

Bonnie says she don't think it has really registered with Lucas but in the next few days I'm sure he will come to realize that Kale will not be coming home again.

Please say a little prayer for Lucas,,
that he will understand as much as a 6 year old can and that they will find him a new puppy to share his heart with soon.

Lucas' Mother is my daughter that had the rare blood disease and had a bone marrow transplant in 2008. He spent many months with me while his Mom was in Houston so he's a bit scared about losing people (and dogs) he loves. I know he will be fine but my heart hurts for him.

So send positive thoughts for him and a little prayer please? lulu

sounds like he needs a trip to get some ice cream or his favorite treat. Poor kid, i lost 3 dogs, once when i was in the 5th grade, then again when i was a senior, and then when i was a sophmore in college, and everytime i had to hold back some tears. My prayers are sent for the little guy.

Old Dog
02-17-2011, 12:59 AM
When a kid looses their dog, it's just too sad. Got a lump in my throat just reading the thread and thinking about Lucas.

BaseballUmp
02-17-2011, 01:07 AM
I remember when we lost our first dog. I was about 12. My dog Sassie a springer spaniel was 17. Parents got her as a puppy a few weeks after my brother was born. She ended up going deaf and blind and couldn't take care of herself anymore and with my dad working long hours and my stepmom working an hour away, they couldn't keep looking after her when she would go hiding. Finally one day dad called me to come over and say bye to her with my brother. Pretty sad times. One of the few times ive seen my brother upset.

Rough time for Lucas, but he will pull through.

44INAROW
02-17-2011, 09:48 AM
I am so sorry Lulu....... Prayers for Lucas and the family..

We lost our 11 year old chocolate lab, Rio, last June 22nd and it was very, very hard on all of us. In memory of Kale and Rio on what would have been my daddy's 79th birthday (2/17/32) here's a picture I keep close to my heart - I know it's too soon, but I hope you have a good picture of Lucas and Kale that you can frame. It will get easier with time..

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/AlexandRioMay2007012Small.jpg

lulu
02-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am so sorry Lulu....... Prayers for Lucas and the family..

We lost our 11 year old chocolate lab, Rio, last June 22nd and it was very, very hard on all of us. In memory of Kale and Rio on what would have been my daddy's 79th birthday (2/17/32) here's a picture I keep close to my heart - I know it's too soon, but I hope you have a good picture of Lucas and Kale that you can frame. It will get easier with time..

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/AlexandRioMay2007012Small.jpg

How sweet a picture. There is one of Kale on my facebook page (Linda K Mosley Moore-Carr). We have lots of him and Lucas together. They were joined at the hip, as they say.
I'm afraid his reality will be today when he gets home from school. And feeding time, It was his responsibility to feed and water him. He was so cute doing it. Kale was instructed to "sit/stay" while Lucas put his food down. Then Lucas would walk behind him and say :Kale eat". He would not move from where he was sitting until Lucas gave him the command. When Bonnie was in MDA and I would take Lucas home for a few days I fed him one night and he was sitting there waiting f or me to put his food down (Lucas was 3 then) I went to put Lucas to bed and there Kale was still sitting. Lucas said Grannie you didn't tell him he could eat. So I did and he did.
He was a great buddy.
I know you miss your buddy too.

bobcat1
02-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Prayers sent. My soon to be 3 year old grandson was at my house yesterday and we had to put our Red Healer down last month. She was 15. We told him she went to heaven. His mom called today and he told her he was going to heaven to get Reba and bring her back. LOL

lulu
02-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Prayers sent. My soon to be 3 year old grandson was at my house yesterday and we had to put our Red Healer down last month. She was 15. We told him she went to heaven. His mom called today and he told her he was going to heaven to get Reba and bring her back. LOL

That's so sweet and innocent. Don'e you wish he could? I like her name by the way

bobcat1
02-17-2011, 01:41 PM
My 21 year old named her after Reba McIntire. He got her when he was in first grade. When it came time to put her down he and I both cried like babies. He wanted to go with me to the vet but he couldn't stay in the vet's office while she was put down. When I went outside after she was gone I found him in the pickup and we both broke down. He is 6'6 and weighs about 250 and I am 6'1 and 325. Funny how a dog gets so close to you like that.

lulu
02-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
My 21 year old named her after Reba McIntire. He got her when he was in first grade. When it came time to put her down he and I both cried like babies. He wanted to go with me to the vet but he couldn't stay in the vet's office while she was put down. When I went outside after she was gone I found him in the pickup and we both broke down. He is 6'6 and weighs about 250 and I am 6'1 and 325. Funny how a dog gets so close to you like that. I picked up on that name association right off. Thought it was great. They are hard to lose. We have 2 and 1/2 pound Pom that rules my husbands heart

zebrablue2
02-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Prayers sent lulu.

lulu
02-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Prayers sent lulu.

thank you:)

lulu
02-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by coach
sounds like he needs a trip to get some ice cream or his favorite treat. Poor kid, i lost 3 dogs, once when i was in the 5th grade, then again when i was a senior, and then when i was a sophmore in college, and everytime i had to hold back some tears. My prayers are sent for the little guy. thank you for your prayers

lulu
02-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Will do. thank you so much