PDA

View Full Version : caldwell

hornet07
02-16-2011, 12:06 PM
How does caldwell look in baseball/softball this year?

coach
02-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by hornet07
How does caldwell look in baseball/softball this year?

I think terrible lol

Yoe_09
02-16-2011, 01:00 PM
We scrimmaged Caldwell yesterday(8-6 Yoemen) and they look improved from last year. They have some good quality arms that will probably let them contend for a playoff spot in that district.

Hornet Mom 2
02-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Here's the scoop.

Six returning starters from last year. Currently three freshmen scrimmaging with varsity that will stay on as far as we know.

Pitching - Jr. LHP Vasquez and Sr. RHP Muzny should be the 1-2 guys, with Sr. Cumby pitching more as the season goes on. He is battling an elbow injury from last year. Soph. LHP Baldwin showing alot of promise, along with freshmen pitchers Luna and Suehs.

Hitting - right now, Soph. Kahlden is DH'ing and doing some damage. He's a strong kid with power hitting ability. Hitting has been decent 1-7, with 8-9-10 (due to scrimmages) still working hard.

On the defensive side, through three scrimmages (Salado, Madisonville and Cameron), we have made less errors than at this point last year.

If scores were being kept, and we all know they are :) Caldwell 6, Salado 5; Caldwell 6, Madisonville 0; Caldwell 6, Cameron 5. This of course with batter limits and ending innings w/guys on base and less than 3 outs.

Hornet Mom 2
02-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
We scrimmaged Caldwell yesterday(8-6 Yoemen) and they look improved from last year. They have some good quality arms that will probably let them contend for a playoff spot in that district.

I had 6-5 Caldwell on my scorebook, but I stopped once the varsity left the field. I know Cameron scored a few more runs after that! :)

Yoe_09
02-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
I had 6-5 Caldwell on my scorebook, but I stopped once the varsity left the field. I know Cameron scored a few more runs after that! :)

That is what I thought it was going to be until the Caldwell coach said he wanted to go 1 more inning for varsity so we went ahead and played one more. I dont know if Caldwell inserted more JV or border line varsity players into the game at that point. I know the JV score was 4-4.

I am not sure if Caldwell has any starters left in basketball. I know we had 4 potential(3 for sure)starters missing for this particular game. A couple of freshmen(SS Pratt..my bro,3B Evan) came in and did a pretty good job for us.

44INAROW
02-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
Mom's books rule :)

coach
02-16-2011, 11:55 PM
sorry..i read too fast...i have no idea about there bASEball team

87 TIGER
02-23-2011, 10:23 AM
In softball I know Caldwell ripped Cameron 13-1. I know that cameron has no pitching. Not sure what Caldwell has yet.

Yoe_09
02-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
In softball I know Caldwell ripped Cameron 13-1. I know that cameron has no pitching. Not sure what Caldwell has yet.

This game was brutal to watch really. I believe that every run Caldwell had was unearned with us having 12 errors and the final score being 11-1. I actually think that pitching is our strong suit. I thought we had a better pitcher than Caldwell but we could not do the little things right. Caldwell will more than likely contend and get a playoff spot IMO.

XMan
02-23-2011, 02:11 PM
What kind of indoor baseball/softball facility just opened up in Caldwell? Maybe this will give some guys to practice more in the offseason.

87 TIGER
02-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
This game was brutal to watch really. I believe that every run Caldwell had was unearned with us having 12 errors and the final score being 11-1. I actually think that pitching is our strong suit. I thought we had a better pitcher than Caldwell but we could not do the little things right. Caldwell will more than likely contend and get a playoff spot IMO. You think pitching is a strong point for the lady yoe??Mondrik is not a pitcher she is an infielder, they have to pitch her because thats all they got. She leaves to many flat and has no movement, shes a great athelete but shes in the wrong position.

Yoe_09
02-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
You think pitching is a strong point for the lady yoe??Mondrik is not a pitcher she is an infielder, they have to pitch her because thats all they got. She leaves to many flat and has no movement, shes a great athelete but shes in the wrong position.

And I totally understand that...but that is not our biggest problem. We are going to need to hit the ball and play defense. There are no real other options on the mound. If we hit the ball like we did last year we will not win many games. Some younger players are going to have to step up and produce.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Columbus station reporting 1st game of season it was Columbus 13 and Caldwell 6? Someone said Columbus was down this year in baseball?

Also did the Caldwell football coach leave?

87 TIGER
02-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Columbus station reporting 1st game of season it was Columbus 13 and Caldwell 6? Someone said Columbus was down this year in baseball?

Also did the Caldwell football coach leave? As far as I know Caldwell coach is still there.

Hornet Mom 2
02-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

Also did the Caldwell football coach leave?

The final score was Caldwell 5 Columbus 9. Tied 5-5 after 7, Columbus scored 4 in the top of the 11th.