PDA

View Full Version : 5A opening...

NastySlot
02-14-2011, 01:41 PM
that could effect 3A in the Brazos Valley. Rumor Slaughter at Consol is top pick for San Angelo AD job...could his leaving open another job in Brazos Valley?

HEMOTOXIC
02-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
that could effect 3A in the Brazos Valley. Rumor Slaughter at Consol is top pick for San Angelo AD job...could his leaving open another job in Brazos Valley?

As in Lee Fedora going to A&M Consolidated and leaving Navasota open?

Ernest T Bass
02-14-2011, 03:32 PM
That's the rumor...

HEMOTOXIC
02-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
That's the rumor...

:doh: :thinking:

HEMOTOXIC
02-15-2011, 09:15 AM
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Jim_Slaughter_Leaving_AM_Consolidated_High_School_ To_Become_Athletic_Director_At_San_Angelo_ISD_1162 01749.html

COLLEGE STATION, TX -- Jim Slaughter has accepted San Angelo ISD's offer to become the district's new Athletic Director.

Slaughter told KBTX Sports Monday night that he accepted the position after meeting with the San Angelo I.S.D. School Board.

"It was a difficult decision," Slaughter said. "I'm going to miss the people in College Station, it was a GREAT place to call home for the last 10 years!"

Slaughter said last Thursday that he had been contacted to by San Angelo concerning their A.D. vacancy.

Now Coach Slaughter is no stranger to San Angelo I.S.D. He was an assistant coach for five seasons at San Angelo Lakeview and was the head coach there for nine seasons. He grew up in Ballinger which is about 35 mile northeast of San Angelo.

Slaughter came to A&M Consolidated in 2000 replacing Ross Rogers as the Tigers' Athletic Director and Head Football Coach.

He took the Tigers to the regional round of the Class 5A Division I playoffs this season.