PDA

View Full Version : JASPER CROWEATERS

turbostud
12-02-2002, 11:59 AM
You Jasper guys are going to have to change your mascot to the CROWEATERS if ya'll lose. Ya'll better hope your team can walk the walk. HEY EVERYBODY: What do you get if you cross a Jasper Bulldog with a Shitzu??????? A Jasper fan that is full of S#$@!!!!!

Bulldog-95
12-02-2002, 12:07 PM
Is that crap necessary??? Come on people. Grow up. Some of the Burnet people are talking the same smack as some of the Jasper people and it is getting old. I have been watching the boards for about a month or so now and this is worse bunch of trash talking I have ever seen (it is coming from both sides, i know). Support and compliment your team - Don't trash the other. You could have to do what you are saying we will have to do.

GO DAWGS!!!

Old Dog
12-02-2002, 12:19 PM
Right on Bulldog-95......this is an important high school football game, not final judgement! The game has the potential for a stem winder......hope it goes that way!

turbostud
12-02-2002, 12:25 PM
Sorry Bulldog-95 I could'nt resist. Just to let you know, I am not a Burnet fan. It is a nice town though. I actually am picking you guys to win it all, but who could'nt after dropping from 4a to 3a.

southern_thunder
12-02-2002, 12:40 PM
turbostud:
Sorry Bulldog-95 I could'nt resist. Just to let you know, I am not a Burnet fan. It is a nice town though. I actually am picking you guys to win it all, but who could'nt after dropping from 4a to 3a.What does dropping have to do with anything every team still plays in the classification in which they belong. FYI Everman enrollment 896, Burnet 858, Jasper 876, Forney 821.

turbostud
12-02-2002, 12:53 PM
Southern Thunder, its called a different level of competition and experience.

spiveyrat
12-02-2002, 01:07 PM
We just cook it. We don't eat it. wink

southern_thunder
12-02-2002, 01:23 PM
turbostud:
Southern Thunder, its called a different level of competition and experience.What is different about the competition besides a school with less than 900 kids competing against a school with 1700, now experience just comes from being good enough to make it to the playoffs and you can get that regardless of clasification.

turbostud
12-02-2002, 01:46 PM
Come on Thunder, you dont think there is a difference in the calibur of schools at each level. Take Celina for example, they are the 4 time defending state champs in 2a. This year they swept their 3a district but lost in the Area round to Daingerfield(a long time 3a powerhouse). Surely you are not going to say that Daingerfield did'nt have a advantage from playing at a higher level of competition over the years. If Daingerfield dropped to 2a I'm betting on them to take the 2a title.

sphinx1906
12-02-2002, 01:48 PM
Look. for the last time Jasper is the real deal and we southeast Texans kill crows for fun not to eat them. I am a Newton Eagle fan but I am proud to support the Dawgs. They are loaded with talent and forget the "They dropped so they should win state" thing. Bridge city did't do it and they are a good football team. Fact is their only two losses on the season are to two teams from the same district (Newton and Jasper).so all you doubters get ready. The crow will be hot and plentiful all December! Go Dawgs.

easttexan1
12-02-2002, 01:53 PM
If size is so meaningful, then I think congratulations are in order. Jasper made it to #3 on the 4A list with a student census that was historically one of the smallest in the classification. Or, maybe we should retroactively award Jasper several 4A championships because of all the teams that beat us in the playoffs that had just moved down from 5A. Or maybe we should just cancel everything because life is not fair!!! Over the years we have lost many games; some important and some not, but we have always come back and worked hard and succeeded. We will do it again next year, state championship or not.

turbostud
12-02-2002, 01:56 PM
Hey sphynx, maybe you should tell the Newton coach to tell the Jasper coach to make sure all of his players are eligible. I would hate to see Jasper get stripped of the title if they win.

easttexan1
12-02-2002, 01:59 PM
Here is a link concerning school size and the current playoff scheme. Interesting considering that they are considering expanding the number of playoff teams again.
Go to http://www.allsports.com/network/content?site=1013&story=36723

turbostud
12-02-2002, 02:04 PM
Hey EastTexan, then you have to give some props to Celina. They moved to 3a by 3 students. They also are the smallest school in 3a with 347 students and were ranked #3 in state (ahead of Jasper) and lost by one extra point with 10 seconds left to Daingerfield which was probably the DIV II championship game played early.

JasperDog94
12-02-2002, 04:24 PM
turbostud,

You say you're not from Burnet. Where are you from?

turbostud
12-02-2002, 04:37 PM
I went to high school at a 2a school called S&S
Consolidated. Celina used to kick our butts every year in football. I dont have a beef with Jasper. I was just running my mouth because ya'll are.

ej2525
12-02-2002, 04:40 PM
turbostud, for a brand new member to the boards here with only 8 posts today you sure are knowledgeable on most things going on around the state. Who are you masquerading as in here? :rolleyes:

turbostud
12-02-2002, 04:49 PM
No one. Honestly, I just do my homework on Texas football, Especially 2a and 3a. They are the best classes in the state. All you have to do is spend time at dave cambells, collier-sharp, texas highschool postgame websites and you can become pretty knowledgable.

callandraise
12-02-2002, 11:13 PM
In regard to Celina being the smallest school in 3A.That was true when the UIL counted in Oct.2001,at that time they had 347 By the fall of 2002 Ballinger was down to 340 from the 354 they had a the time of the count.WE feel like we did a pretty good job getting to the third round of the Div2 playoffs by beating 2 teams with more than twice our enrollment Vernon 696 and Kennedale 769.Kennedale had defeated Everman (a team many are touting for the Divison one championship)earlier in the year.Not bad for a team with a 2A enrollment.

turbostud
12-02-2002, 11:24 PM
Sorry I overlooked that. Great job Ballinger. Celina also beat two teams with twice their enrollment. Gainesville and Quinlan Ford both over 800. Hope to see ya'll kicking these big 3a schools butts next year.

sphinx1906
12-03-2002, 11:03 AM
turbo,I know celina has a tiny enrollment but Newton has had a tiny enrollment for years. yes I would love to see Newton have 900 kids to chose from but the fact is we don't. I like the fact that they step up each year to the challenge of playing bigger schools. that just says a lot for their heart, desire, love for the game, and coaching ability. Someone stated in Nacogdoches that we run perhistoric plays and don't have enough athletes to compete with the athletes that the schools we play have. After a 49-0 loss they changed their tune. I know Nac sucked this year but there is a classic example of "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog" unfortunatley Jasper has both in their dawgs, size and fight. I feel for whomever gets in their way. Go Dawgs

turbostud
12-03-2002, 11:15 AM
I feel for you man. I read somewhere that UIL was trying to add a 6a class but were having trouble because there was not enough schools in the 500-600 student range. If it ever happens I'm sure it would shake things up a bit and even the playing field somewhat.

ej2525
12-03-2002, 11:55 AM
I think the 6A alignment would be a great thing for evening the playing fields of schools. If they do this then they should do away with 3 teams from each district making the playoffs and go back the the top 2.