PDA

View Full Version : Went Fishing today

bobcat1
02-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Me and the wife headed up a creek about 10am. Had to break ice on the main lake to get there. Boated about 20 on chartreuse jigs. Went down the creek to another spot that looked promising but it had 2 boats on it. Biggest bunch of fish and shad I saw all day was where those boats were. We went back a little ways the way we came to another spot and caught the big fish of the day. Went back to the first spot and caught about 9 more. Had 30 nice keepers better than 10.5 inches up to 13 inches. Only caught about 10 small ones we had to throw back all day. Some of those fillets on those football shaped black crappie were nearly 1/2 inch thick. They were all caught about 5-6 feet down with a dead still jig. We quit them at 3:30 so we could get through by dark.

Breaking Ice:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3562/breakingice.jpg

5 Gallon bucket full:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3006/5gallons.jpg

30 fish:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2646/14537358.jpg

garciap77
02-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Nice! When is the fish fry????:)

bobcat1
02-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Nice! When is the fish fry????:) It was tonight for 7 of them.:D

CenTexSports
02-13-2011, 10:26 AM
That is a good mess of fish. If you ever want to catch really big crappie, go to north Mississippi in the spring and early summer. They catcdh 2 to 3 pounders all the time. I have seen guys fill a freezer in two or three trips. The corp lakes from Memphis, TN to Granada, MS down I55 are all good. The world record was at one time (and may still) caught at Arkabutla (sp) Lake just south of Memphis. Sardis Lake is a great place to fish and there is a very nice golf course on the lake also (Mallard Point).

bobcat1
02-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Yep! I want to fish Granada someday. Seen some real heavy stingers come from there.

turbostud
02-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Yep! I want to fish Granada someday. Seen some real heavy stingers come from there.

Were you on Ray Roberts? Any sign of Black Bass? Ill be up there on the 28th of Feb and March 1 to go black bass fishing on Ray Roberts and arrowhead huntin on Texoma.

bobcat1
02-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Were you on Ray Roberts? Any sign of Black Bass? Ill be up there on the 28th of Feb and March 1 to go black bass fishing on Ray Roberts and arrowhead huntin on Texoma. Nope Lewisville. I have a friend that guides on Ray Roberts and Texoma. His name is Cliff Spindle. Spindles Guide Service (http://www.spindleguideservice.com/) Give him a call.

Farmersfan
02-14-2011, 08:59 AM
I fished about 7 hours yesterday on Lake Fork. The best water temp I could find was 47 degrees and only managed 2 bass about 3lbs each. This last cold spell has the bass catching at a stand still on most lakes these days. Hopefully a good week of nice weather will reverse that trend.
Nice mess of Crappie!

lostaussie
02-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Me and the wife headed up a creek about 10am. Had to break ice on the main lake to get there. Boated about 20 on chartreuse jigs. Went down the creek to another spot that looked promising but it had 2 boats on it. Biggest bunch of fish and shad I saw all day was where those boats were. We went back a little ways the way we came to another spot and caught the big fish of the day. Went back to the first spot and caught about 9 more. Had 30 nice keepers better than 10.5 inches up to 13 inches. Only caught about 10 small ones we had to throw back all day. Some of those fillets on those football shaped black crappie were nearly 1/2 inch thick. They were all caught about 5-6 feet down with a dead still jig. We quit them at 3:30 so we could get through by dark.

I rolled in saturday with 29 big slabs. All fired up, I went back yesterday. Fish evidently heard I was coming and closed lips real tight. Busted back to the house yesterday afternoon with 1. If weather holds warm this week, I will kill them next weekend!!!

lostaussie
02-14-2011, 10:43 AM
It was tonight for 7 of them.:D mine going down tonight. Put the blade on them yesterday and gonna fry some tonight. Doesn't get any better than fresh crappie!!!

waterboy
02-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
mine going down tonight. Put the blade on them yesterday and gonna fry some tonight. Doesn't get any better than fresh crappie!!!
:D Cool! I'll drop by tonight for some crappie!:D