02-12-2011, 12:50 AM
A great race indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy4UP_dCjAk

PPHSfan
02-12-2011, 12:54 AM
I sometimes cover 500 miles before lunch!!!:D

FB-fanatic
02-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Tue story... was enroute to Central France with 8-hour layover in London. Was excited about spending the day in London until I realized, by my internal clock, 8am=2am my time. Arrive, check baggage at Heathrow, and catch the tube into town. I jump on a double decker bus in the heart of the city. The bus travels 2 blocks and comes to a stop and says "everybody out". While exiting, I ask why and he says all buses were halted because of "the race". What race, I wonder... I catch the subway, headed to St Paul's Cathedral. Exit and head to the chucrch just in time to see church ending and to find out no tours on Sundays. Great, but notice a large crowd gathered in the streets. I ask what's up, and they say "the race, of course". "What race?". " The Tour De France". But wait, I'm in England, right? Turns out, every few years the Tour begins in London, then continues in France. I arrive 4 minutes before the start. Pretty neat for an unplanned pop-in in London with hundreds of bike enthusiest flying in just for the race.

coach
02-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by FB-fanatic
Tue story... was enroute to Central France with 8-hour layover in London. Was excited about spending the day in London until I realized, by my internal clock, 8am=2am my time. Arrive, check baggage at Heathrow, and catch the tube into town. I jump on a double decker bus in the heart of the city. The bus travels 2 blocks and comes to a stop and says "everybody out". While exiting, I ask why and he says all buses were halted because of "the race". What race, I wonder... I catch the subway, headed to St Paul's Cathedral. Exit and head to the chucrch just in time to see church ending and to find out no tours on Sundays. Great, but notice a large crowd gathered in the streets. I ask what's up, and they say "the race, of course". "What race?". " The Tour De France". But wait, I'm in England, right? Turns out, every few years the Tour begins in London, then continues in France. I arrive 4 minutes before the start. Pretty neat for an unplanned pop-in in London with hundreds of bike enthusiest flying in just for the race.

cool story, talk about being at the right place at the right time

Phil C
02-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by coach
cool story, talk about being at the right place at the right time

I agree! What a great opportunity that was. It is rare that any part of the TDF is ever in England but they do so once in a while. Excellent story FB!

SintonFan_inAustin
02-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I sometimes cover 500 miles before lunch!!!:D :thumbsup: Well not before lunch but usually in a day