PDA

View Full Version : The eagles of Llano County on Hwy. 29

Cam
02-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Looks like one baby chick is in the nest. Can't see it on this photo. If some of ya'll have never seen an eagle this close and you're in the area, it's worth a look..
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0419.jpg

BEAST
02-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Looks like one baby chick is in the nest. Can't see it on this photo. If some of ya'll have never seen an eagle this close and you're in the area, it's worth a look..
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0419.jpg

Ive parked on the road many a time and just watched them. They are really impressive when the take flight.

BEAST

Cam
02-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Ive parked on the road many a time and just watched them. They are really impressive when the take flight.

BEAST

Well heck Beast, you're just down the road from my home then...and you've never stopped to say hi and talk about our beloved Burnet Bulldogs....If you know the bridge over Inks/Colorado, I'm right there....

BEAST
02-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Well heck Beast, you're just down the road from my home then...and you've never stopped to say hi and talk about our beloved Burnet Bulldogs....If you know the bridge over Inks/Colorado, I'm right there....

The bridge with the resturant floating on the water? If so Ive been there a lot of times.

BEAST

Cam
02-11-2011, 05:27 PM
The bridge with the resturant floating on the water? If so Ive been there a lot of times.

BEAST
Yep, that's the old Catfish Barge....it's been closed down for awhile. Not sure why. That was good eatin'. I live caddy-corner to that on the other side of the river.

BEAST
02-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Yep, that's the old Catfish Barge....it's been closed down for awhile. Not sure why. That was good eatin'. I live caddy-corner to that on the other side of the river.

Ill be damned. I lost the lower unit to my boat there once. They let water out of Inks and into the other one (cant remember how they go), any way we didnt know. Stump took it right off.

BEAST

Cam
02-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Ill be damned. I lost the lower unit to my boat there once. They let water out of Inks and into the other one (cant remember how they go), any way we didnt know. Stump took it right off.

BEAST
yep, they lower the water about every 3 years so folks can repair their boat docks. It's down now. So that's your lower unit I saw! lol....just kiddin'...but I did see some boat parts, lots of fishin' lures, and one suspicious lookin' bone...hope it wasn't human! And yes, there are a few really mean tree stumps exposed right now...