PDA

View Full Version : B-Wood Question

Black_Magic
02-11-2011, 08:51 AM
David McNabb
TheOldCoach.com Senior Editor

Talk about it in the Message Boards
Nothing decided yet, but as What I Hear reported two weeks ago, Brownwood coach Bob Shipley is having talks about a position with the Flippen Group, the fast-growing leadership and educational group which hired Brad McCoy from Graham last year.

"I love what they do and I have a passion for growing leaders and helping coaches and athletes reach their potential,' Shipley said. "I use their philosophies in my program and it's helped us incredibly. They're an exciting company and you'll see them involved more and more with school district's athletic programs as well as college and professional organizations."

any truth to this ??? Wonder if he will take rocket with him?

95mustang
02-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Could be true. The difference between him and McCoy is that Shipley has a daughter still in high school for another year. I have also heard from someone on the coaching staff that he will be here next year, but with that being said when an oppurtunity such as this presents then why not take it. I don't think anyone in Brownwood would hold this decision against him in anyway; it is a great oppurtunity.

garciap77
02-11-2011, 09:19 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

oldtownag
02-11-2011, 09:21 AM
That is where coaches go to retire after playing the Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

Gsquared
02-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
That is where coaches go to retire after playing the Dawgs!!!!!!!!!
:1popcorn:

Black_Magic
02-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Could be true. The difference between him and McCoy is that Shipley has a daughter still in high school for another year. I have also heard from someone on the coaching staff that he will be here next year, but with that being said when an oppurtunity such as this presents then why not take it. I don't think anyone in Brownwood would hold this decision against him in anyway; it is a great oppurtunity. Sure make excuses. It was our use of the ilegal wrestling move that did it.:rolleyes: Snyder added the psyops unit this Jan. this was one of the first test in the program. Next we will get Sandifer to shave his own head.;)

Ernest T Bass
02-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Has he been approached? Yes. Is he interested? Yes. Has he accepted? No.

hollywood
02-11-2011, 10:09 AM
+1

Shipley is a fine example of a leader. He will do well. B-wood will be just fine.

Black_Magic
02-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Ah, Do you remember the days 3-4 months ago when Bwood folks turned EVERY post into something about Brownwood??:thinking: Now you get one brownwood poster to coment about something like this. Guess it shows how Bwood foks are here today and gone tomorow:clap:

95mustang
02-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Ah, Do you remember the days 3-4 months ago when Bwood folks turned EVERY post into something about Brownwood??:thinking: Now you get one brownwood poster to coment about something like this. Guess it shows how Bwood foks are here today and gone tomorow:clap:

I also remember a 61-20 score a few months back. :D

Old LB
02-11-2011, 12:10 PM

You should just PM Rocket instead of getting us all involved in ya'lls love affair. :thinking: :D

Black_Magic
02-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
I also remember a 61-20 score a few months back. :D Good one..:rolleyes: I also remember how Brownwood was going to roll on to a state championship. Truns out they didnt do any better than we have done twice in the last 6 years. Now just stick around for the next season and see if thinigs are the same. Maybe you wont be by your self. Looks like most of your comrads have lost thier excitement.:rolleyes:

hollywood
02-11-2011, 12:37 PM

You are being naïve. Not football season, not as much interest. Especially from a Snyder poster. 61-20. Does Snyder have a chance in 2011?:p

Black_Magic
02-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
You are being naïve. Not football season, not as much interest. Especially from a Snyder poster. 61-20. Does Snyder have a chance in 2011?:p Dont you know? only Brownood has any chance in 2011.. THey are gona beat everyone by 50 or more.:clap: last year they knocked on the door.. Next year they are gona beat it down!:p

hollywood
02-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Dont you know? only Brownood has any chance in 2011.. THey are gona beat everyone by 50 or more.:clap: last year they knocked on the door.. Next year they are gona beat it down!:p

LOL. You never know until you strap it on, right? Rebound teams in some cases are just as lethal, if not more, with returning starters and a good staff. The surprise effect has it's advantages.

Black_Magic
02-11-2011, 12:51 PM
LOL. You never know until you strap it on, right? Rebound teams in some cases are just as lethal, if not more, with returning starters and a good staff. The surprise effect has it's advantages. http://cabos.travel/wp-content/uploads/resized_catch-your-big-fish-here-in-baja.jpg I just knew I could throw bait out like I did with a story like that and I could catch a fish!!!!:p

hollywood
02-11-2011, 12:56 PM
http://cabos.travel/wp-content/uploads/resized_catch-your-big-fish-here-in-baja.jpg I just knew I could throw bait out like I did with a story like that and I could catch a fish!!!!:p

Nice fish! At least you know how to fish. Now go start planning your football schemes for beat B-wood week! Hasn't worked the last 2 years. lol

:D

Black_Magic
02-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Nice fish! At least you know how to fish. Now go start planning your football schemes for beat B-wood week! Hasn't worked the last 2 years. lol

:D Im sure Shipley will do just fine next season....;) Im sure he wouldnt run off an leave a team he thinks is gona kick some but next year. Im sure bwood folks will be the same regardless of tallent next year. After all they were talking alot of smack the first year in our district and went 3-7 . That didnt stop them. Like I said. I knew I could snag me a fish if I threw in bait.. :D

bobcat1
02-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Im sure Shipley will do just fine next season....;) Im sure he wouldnt run off an leave a team he thinks is gona kick some but next year. Im sure bwood folks will be the same regardless of tallent next year. After all they were talking alot of smack the first year in our district and went 3-7 . That didnt stop them. Like I said. I knew I could snag me a fish if I threw in bait.. :D Orange Chum always works for me.:D

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/3274/chum.jpg

Tin Cup
02-11-2011, 01:16 PM
We will still beat Snyder next year. Even though we will "suck." :rolleyes:

garciap77
02-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Im sure Shipley will do just fine next season....;) Im sure he wouldnt run off an leave a team he thinks is gona kick some but next year. Im sure bwood folks will be the same regardless of tallent next year. After all they were talking alot of smack the first year in our district and went 3-7 . That didnt stop them. Like I said. I knew I could snag me a fish if I threw in bait.. :D

Are you still looking for a job?:D

Black_Magic
02-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
We will still beat Snyder next year. Even though we will "suck." :rolleyes: http://robot-club.com/danny/dan-fish.JPG Caught another!!! Nah,, Too little, throw it back:p

garciap77
02-11-2011, 01:32 PM
I hope you are posting during your lunch time, or Rancher is going to turn you in. Rancher has a direct line to Rick Perry!:D

BEAST
02-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Shipley publicly stated a few weeks ago that he had no plans on leaving. Now, I could see it happening after next season. But, there is some good stuff in the pipeline after that. So who knows.

BEAST

50 yard line fan
02-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
there is some good stuff in the pipeline after that.

BEAST

I'd have to agree with you there. That Owen (FR) kid I think is the real deal. Not being biased or anything.

Old LB
02-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by 50 yard line fan
I'd have to agree with you there. That Owen (FR) kid I think is the real deal. Not being biased or anything.

Some have said they are not sure about Seth, I happen to know him fairly well and I think you are right.:thumbsup:

BEAST
02-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Some have said they are not sure about Seth, I happen to know him fairly well and I think you are right.:thumbsup:

The 7th and 8th grade group is going to be strong. 7th grade is really strong.

BEAST

Old LB
02-11-2011, 02:23 PM

BEAST

The 8th grade girls class is full of really good athletes, got a couple of track stars in the making. You probably don't see much on the girls side of things but I have daughters so I have watched these girls grow up. That's also why I know some of the boys so well, gotta keep a close eye. :D

50 yard line fan
02-11-2011, 02:27 PM

BEAST

The other Owen kid is on the 7th grade team.

hollywood
02-11-2011, 03:51 PM

BEAST

Heard that Kirbo kid is a stud!

RoyceTTU
02-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Shipley has already stated he has no plans. As for when he does, I would bet he never comes back to HS coaching again. At that time, either Merket or Howard are very capable HS coaches. I've heard it from other coaches that have quoted BW as having one of the best coaching staffs in the state. I'm not worried no matter what you might think.

Your fetish for all things brownwood is getting old and very sad. Especially when your struggling trying to find a way to win with your own team. I'm no coach so maybe my word means nothing but,,,,,you should probably put your focus on winning games for Snyder instead of ways to make Brownwood Lose games.

BEAST
02-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Shipley has already stated he has no plans. As for when he does, I would bet he never comes back to HS coaching again. At that time, either Merket or Howard are very capable HS coaches. I've heard it from other coaches that have quoted BW as having one of the best coaching staffs in the state. I'm not worried no matter what you might think.

Your fetish for all things brownwood is getting old and very sad. Especially when your struggling trying to find a way to win with your own team. I'm no coach so maybe my word means nothing but,,,,,you should probably put your focus on winning games for Snyder instead of ways to make Brownwood Lose games.

Come on Royce, tell us how you really feel. :clap: :clap:

BEAST

95mustang
02-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU

:D :clap: :clap::clap:

garciap77
02-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Nice pic BM! Is Rocket taller than you???? Just asking!!!:D :D :D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/dan-fishBM.jpg

;)

cowboyandchrist
02-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Dont you know? only Brownood has any chance in 2011.. THey are gona beat everyone by 50 or more.:clap: last year they knocked on the door.. Next year they are gona beat it down!:p
Brownwood will do fine until they run into an East Texas team.

bobcat1
02-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Nice pic BM! Is Rocket taller than you???? Just asking!!!:D :D :D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/dan-fishBM.jpg

;) Are they twins? They sure favor:p

buckeyebob
02-12-2011, 05:05 AM

BEAST

Forget about 2014 &2015 and possibly 2013...they are ours. Some of them will start next fall. Remember,

hsbtex
02-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Not when playing the hill country Buckeye Bob...we send you little girls crying back to east texas!

hsbtex
02-12-2011, 08:31 PM
cowboyandchrist...that goes for you too! :)

buckeyebob
02-13-2011, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by hsbtex
Not when playing the hill country Buckeye Bob...we send you little girls crying back to east texas!

Who is WE?
Liberty Hill? They faded years ago.
Brownwood? They tucked their tail this year.

The last Hill Country Team we got to play was Cuero...maybe that is the closest team to the Hill Country. It seems Hill Country runs out of steam quickley.

hsbtex
02-16-2011, 07:02 AM
My response was to your ALWAYS stated "east tx speed kills"...and the fact that it doesn't. The hill country team I was referring to is Lake Travis....which ALWAYS sends you little East Tx girls crying back to that little place you call home :)

mwrams
02-16-2011, 07:39 AM
I have heard that Brownwood has a couple of studs still in the womb that are gonna be definite D1 prospects in 2028!
A&M & UT have requested sonogram pics!
LOL! I kill myself!!!

buckeyebob
02-17-2011, 06:40 AM
My response was to your ALWAYS stated "east tx speed kills"...and the fact that it doesn't. The hill country team I was referring to is Lake Travis....which ALWAYS sends you little East Tx girls crying back to that little place you call home :)

Who is Lake Travis?

hsbtex
02-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Ummm...the one who has won four 4A state championships in a row???? The one who sends your big brother Longview home every year...that one :)

hsbtex
02-17-2011, 12:16 PM
oldtownag...any witty response to this??? :)

oldtownag
02-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Actually, a more appropriate statement is "Carthage Bulldog Speed Kills" :)

P.S. Last time I checked Lake Travis was not 3A, and I am not a Longview Lobo Fan.

buckeyebob
02-18-2011, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
P.S. Last time I checked Lake Travis was not 3A, and I am not a Longview Lobo Fan.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

hsbtex
02-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Make sure you girls duck under that 3A banner...because you are correct...you don't want any of LT...

oldtownag
02-18-2011, 07:37 AM
You might want to check this out:

LT Fan Heaven (http://www.texas4asports.com/vb/)

bigwood33
02-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Make sure you girls duck under that 3A banner...because you are correct...you don't want any of LT...
And they apparently don't want any part of Aledo!

hsbtex
02-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Who is Whitesboro again??

Sweetwater Red
02-18-2011, 11:54 AM

:rolleyes:

buckeyebob
02-19-2011, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
And they apparently don't want any part of Aledo!

Who is Aledo?

buckeyebob
02-19-2011, 06:42 AM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

bobcat1
02-19-2011, 06:48 AM
:1omg!: :tmi: