PDA

View Full Version : Just got my verizon iphone

Saggy Aggie
02-10-2011, 09:11 AM
nothing more.

jason
02-10-2011, 09:19 AM
cool.

now you can talk and surf the web at the same time....oh wait...

ooh, but you can download at 4g...oh wait.....

Saggy Aggie
02-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by jason
cool.

ooh, but you can download at 4g...oh wait..... Still better than what I had :)

I'm not particularly concerned with being online and talking at the same time, and I wasn't particularly impressed with my friends' iphones download speed who have AT&T. It's all good man. I COULD have just as easily walked into an AT&T store anytime since last summer, and chose not to. :)

Saggy Aggie
02-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Hey Jason, I was curious about 'download speed' so I borrowed my friends iPhone from AT&T. We set them up to open the same page and started them at the same time. You might be surprised when you find out which service won. I encourage you to try it sometime. :)

bwdlionfan
02-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
Hey Jason, I was curious about 'download speed' so I borrowed my friends iPhone from AT&T. We set them up to open the same page and started them at the same time. You might be surprised when you find out which service won. I encourage you to try it sometime. :)

You can download a speed test app for free

oldtownag
02-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by jason
cool.

ooh, but you can download at 4g...oh wait.....

However, you can talk without the network dropping your call!

I think all cell phone companies are crooks and Verizon is not appreciably better or worse than AT&T.

Emerson1
02-13-2011, 04:28 PM
I don't think I've bad a single dropped call since I got one in August.

If I had, the trade off of being able to talk and look something up greatly outweighs it.

Yoe_09
02-14-2011, 06:24 PM
I got pretty close to ordering to Iphone yesterday but I changed my mind when ATT came out with the HTC Inspire 4G (http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=HTC+Inspire+(TM)+4G*&q_sku=sku5100284#fbid=eoV-BudjtK7). It should have better speeds than both Iphones(Verizon & ATT) due to the new HSPA+ 4G network.

Emerson1
02-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I got pretty close to ordering to Iphone yesterday but I changed my mind when ATT came out with the HTC Inspire 4G (http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=HTC+Inspire+(TM)+4G*&q_sku=sku5100284#fbid=eoV-BudjtK7). It should have better speeds than both Iphones(Verizon & ATT) due to the new HSPA+ 4G network.
You were better off waiting until summer and getting the iPhone with 4G.

Yoe_09
02-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

I haven't actually ordered yet. I heard they will have 12 Android powered phones coming out this year. Of course the Iphones are always going to be at the top of most peoples list, but I do like the HTC's.

Third
02-14-2011, 11:01 PM
I haven't actually ordered yet. I heard they will have 12 Android powered phones coming out this year. Of course the Iphones are always going to be at the top of most peoples list, but I do like the HTC's.

EVO owner here and I love it. :cool: my wife and son have the Evo Shift and they feel the same way. Ive never particularly warmed up to ipods or the iphone, just certain aspects to them I didnt like. My iMac on the other hand is amazing, Ill never go back to a pc.

PPHSfan
02-14-2011, 11:14 PM

I prefer the iPhone because of the apps.

Ernest T Bass
02-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Im still rockin' the Iphone 3GS. Is there really that much difference between it and the 4?

Saggy Aggie
02-14-2011, 11:51 PM
No clue, this is the only iPhone I've had, but it's tight.

PPHSfan
02-15-2011, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Im still rockin' the Iphone 3GS. Is there really that much difference between it and the 4?

Better looking screen if you can imagine that's possible. Two way camera with even more megapixels. Twice the memory. Same software and apps.

Ernest T Bass
02-15-2011, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Better looking screen if you can imagine that's possible. Two way camera with even more megapixels. Twice the memory. Same software and apps.

I haven't come close to using all the memory on the 3gs and the camera isn't that important to me. Is that it?

PPHSfan
02-15-2011, 12:18 AM
I haven't come close to using all the memory on the 3gs and the camera isn't that important to me. Is that it?

I don't know why, but I like the way the new one "feels". I'm sure there's more but I only had a 3GS for a couple months before I upgraded.

Ernest T Bass
02-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Hmmm, well, if there's gonna be a true 4g coming out this summer, then I'll hold out until then.

PPHSfan
02-15-2011, 01:00 AM
Hmmm, well, if there's gonna be a true 4g coming out this summer, then I'll hold out until then.

What do you mean true 4G?

3G and 4G doesn't have anything to do with gigs.

The G stands for Generation.

Emerson1
02-15-2011, 02:01 AM
Most people associate the 3 and 4 with the type network. 3G and 4G. That's why you hear people say iPhone 4G, they hear these 4G commercials and think it's the same thing.

BaseballUmp
02-15-2011, 02:21 AM
So then wth does 3G and 4G mean?

Emerson1
02-15-2011, 03:22 AM
The orginal iPhone couldn't connect to 3G. The second gen iPhone could, hence the name the iPhone 3G. The 3rd gen of the iPhone is the 3GS. Now the fourth gen is the iPhone 4.

3G and 4G are services. 99% of phones don't have 4G support built in because it's so new still. Its just the network your phone connects to.

Ernest T Bass
02-15-2011, 06:58 AM

This is what I was talking about. Did I misunderstand?

poisoned10
02-15-2011, 08:09 AM
The orginal iPhone couldn't connect to 3G. The second gen iPhone could, hence the name the iPhone 3G. The 3rd gen of the iPhone is the 3GS. Now the fourth gen is the iPhone 4.

3G and 4G are services. 99% of phones don't have 4G support built in because it's so new still. Its just the network your phone connects to.

For some reason, I get really annoyed when people call it the iPhone 4G. That's not what it is, it's the iPhone 4. It doesn't connect to 4G data or anything. I have never heard anything to advertise it as the iPhone 4G so why would it be called that?

Come on people!

Emerson1
02-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Me too, but apparently there is a large number of people who have no idea what 3G and 4G are despite constant commercials about it.

PPHSfan
02-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Me too, but apparently there is a large number of people who have no idea what 3G and 4G are despite constant commercials about it.

Most people I talk to think it is gigs. :D

Ernest T Bass
02-15-2011, 09:57 AM

Then what is coming out this summer?

Emerson1
02-15-2011, 10:04 AM
The next iPhone which should be able to connect to the 4G network.

Ernest T Bass
02-15-2011, 10:06 AM
The next iPhone which should be able to connect to the 4G network. .

So, will it be the Iphone5? Will it be a better idea to wait until the bugs are worked out before getting one, kinda like the Iphone4?

Emerson1
02-15-2011, 10:26 AM
I don't know what they will call it.

And it's up to you. The 4 doesn't have any major flaws. The whole antenna thing was one of the most overblown things ive ever seen.

RMAC
02-15-2011, 12:03 PM
"I want the one with the more GB's." Hahahahahahaha that video never gets old.

Tx Challenge
02-15-2011, 03:36 PM
No doubt that the Iphone rocks. My wife tried one out when our Verizon contract ended last year. She loved the phone but the signal was terrible in most of the areas she needed it. We ended up going back to Verizon and got the Motorola Droid. I realize the Iphone has more apps. I love my Droid as it has all the apps that I use and the service suits my needs better.

We were excited to see the Iphone come to Verizon. Checked into it and since we were not yet qualified for an upgrade they wanted $750 for one. No way was we going to pay that. By the time we are due an upgrade, who knows what will be out. In the meantime we are satisfied.

I am not saying Verizon is better than ATT. I think it all has to do with the service in the areas that you are located. I would check both out if I had the option and get the one with the service that is best for you.

Super_R
02-15-2011, 04:32 PM
I got the verizon Iphone 4 last week and I love it. easy to use. It works better than any of the other verizon phones I have had...better reception.