PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Point Hires

PPSTATEBOUND
02-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Rob Best.....:confused: Good guy....But another complete fail and BLACK EYE for the PPISD!!!!!!!!

DavidWooderson
02-09-2011, 03:51 PM
You gotta be joking....they're not even gonna open it up?

coach
02-09-2011, 04:20 PM
they should have hired Bryan Baize

bowleghorses
02-09-2011, 04:23 PM
They should have hired Tim Hardy...:D

Bullaholic
02-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Rob Best.....:confused: Good guy....But another complete fail and BLACK EYE for the PPISD!!!!!!!!

They didn't even give G.A. a return shot?....:D

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2011, 04:34 PM
They should have hired Brad McCoy.

DavidWooderson
02-09-2011, 04:45 PM
I just wish they would have opened it up let some others apply because I think they would have had a lot of good applicants.

Best is a good guy and a good coach, the kids like him, so we'll see what happens.

NTFan
02-09-2011, 05:12 PM

This decision rested with ONE person, not the ISD as a whole......

westcoast54
02-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Will he call the plays or hire an OC?

Ernest T Bass
02-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Current OC?

PPSTATEBOUND
02-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by NTFan
This decision rested with ONE person, not the ISD as a whole......

And that is painfully and fully understood.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
I just wish they would have opened it up let some others apply because I think they would have had a lot of good applicants.

Best is a good guy and a good coach, the kids like him, so we'll see what happens.

I keep hearing this good guy thing..Reminds me of David S. and Farley in Tommy boy..."WELL HE SEEMS LIKE A NICE GUY"LMAO...I know alot of nice guys.:eek:

DavidWooderson
02-10-2011, 09:58 AM
He was the OC and QB Coach...or at least Assistant OC.

http://pphs.pilotpointisd.com/Uploads/35/misc/f206479.pdf

PPSTATEBOUND
02-10-2011, 10:49 AM

Yes he was and Pilot Point has no quarterback whatsoever to take the reigns, I mean nobody even took a snap besides Price at the varsity level..and as bad as we were to some, PP did have a couple blowouts....Would have thought the Qb/Ass. OC coach and AD/HC to be would have been grooming one for the 2011 season...:confused: ....And for the failed Press release: Funny thing is nowhere in there does it says "Has HC and AD experience at the High School level".....Just saying.

Ernest T Bass
02-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Yes he was and Pilot Point has no quarterback whatsoever to take the reigns, I mean nobody even took a snap besides Price at the varsity level..and as bad as we were to some, PP did have a couple blowouts....Would have thought the Qb/Ass. OC coach and AD/HC to be would have been grooming one for the 2011 season...:confused: ....And for the failed Press release: Funny thing is nowhere in there does it says "Has HC and AD experience at the High School level".....Just saying.

Pretty good run under Feldt. Looks like just one bad year. Can't say I disagree with this hire, that being considered.
As for grooming your future QB; first and foremost is the present season. If you spend too much time preparing for the next season, you won't be around to see it.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Pretty good run under Feldt. Looks like just one bad year. Can't say I disagree with this hire, that being considered.
As for grooming your future QB; first and foremost is the present season. If you spend too much time preparing for the next season, you won't be around to see it.

Ernest I respect your opinions as always, but would like to point out there is a big difference in "too much time" and "No time" when it comes to grooming a QB, I mean the two phrases are at different ends of the spectrum....

Ernest T Bass
02-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Ernest I respect your opinions as always, but would like to point out there is a big difference in "too much time" and "No time" when it comes to grooming a QB, I mean the two phrases are at different ends of the spectrum....

When you're having the season that PP was having, you stay closer to that "no time" end of the spectrum. Once the kids figure out that you're preparing for next season(and it doesn't take them long), they'll pack it in. Gotta keep the wheels on and try to salvage the current season.

DavidWooderson
02-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Well I think he means is grooming a QB at the JV level. They went through like 3 or 4 kids at QB, and the one they stuck with the longest still wasn't that great.

There were 2 kids that would have been ready to step in this year and play QB, but the quit football because of how they were treated by the former head coach. (I don't know if there's any truth to that, but that was their reasoning).

The best prospect at QB for all levels in PP will be a Freshman next year. Is that fair for a Freshman to throw him to the dogs his first year of high school? Who knows maybe one or both of those others that quit will come back now that Feldt is leaving BUT would you really want to put leadership and responsibility on a quitter?

Ernest T Bass
02-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Well I think he means is grooming a QB at the JV level. They went through like 3 or 4 kids at QB, and the one they stuck with the longest still wasn't that great.

There were 2 kids that would have been ready to step in this year and play QB, but the quit football because of how they were treated by the former head coach. (I don't know if there's any truth to that, but that was their reasoning).

The best prospect at QB for all levels in PP will be a Freshman next year. Is that fair for a Freshman to throw him to the dogs his first year of high school? Who knows maybe one or both of those others that quit will come back now that Feldt is leaving BUT would you really want to put leadership and responsibility on a quitter?

If the freshman is the best you have or is in a position to be a contributor, then you have to throw him out there. If he's gonna be a backup, you leave him down and let him get every rep possible.
Sometimes you just have a bad class or two come through, especially at the smaller schools. Sounds like PP has a couple classes without a QB. That happens.

DavidWooderson
02-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Oh I totally agree with you. And yes they do.

Send_the_House
02-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Is no one assigned to proofread these things?

DavidWooderson
02-10-2011, 02:04 PM
LOL

partimefan
02-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Well, they say it takes a Bearcat to coach a Bearcat . . . ;)

PPSTATEBOUND
02-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
Is no one assigned to proofread these things?

LMAO..at PPISD proof read? are you serious??....Way to much time involved... all one has to do is look at the latest hiring process to figure that out..:eek:

orange machine
02-10-2011, 04:11 PM
LMAO..at PPISD proof read? are you serious??....Way to much time involved... all one has to do is look at the latest hiring process to figure that out..:eek:
Well from listening to you Pilot Point folks it appears that Pilot Points program is officially in the tank. It's sad that a once powerful program boys and girls has fallen so far.

DavidWooderson
02-10-2011, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't go that far to say it's in the tank. Right now the boys basketball team is battling for the 3rd place right now in a tough basketball district and should be competitive in both baseball and softball.

HOWEVER Not saying that the well is dry, but could be a hard couple of years for PP, mainly because the next couple of classes aren't "loaded" to what PP is used to. Not saying they're bad, they're just not typcal PP. But the 9th grade, 8th grade, and esp the 7th grade are loaded and it's gonna be a few years but we'll be back.