PDA

View Full Version : Cuero going back Traditional/Schedule

Old Green
02-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Coach Reeve announced that this Coming year the Gobblers will go back to the traditional color and style uniforms of the 70's and 80's.

The official school color of the Gobblers is Kelly Green and White instead of Forest Green implemented by previous coaches. They will have two white stripes on the legs,shoulders,and helmets.

Coach Reeve hopes to instill the honor,pride and tradition of winning back in the Gobblers.I think this is a step in the right direction in resurrecting the program. A lot of fans did not like the Forest Green and White me Included.

Cuero Tentative schedule Pre-District

C.C.West oso
Wharton
Lagrange
Sinton
Sealy

Anyone else Changing color and schemes of their uniform?

44INAROW
02-08-2004, 10:15 AM
Old Green:
Coach Reeve announced that this Coming year the Gobblers will go back to the traditional color and style uniforms of the 70's and 80's.

The official school color of the Gobblers is Kelly Green and White instead of Forest Green implemented by previous coaches. They will have two white stripes on the legs,shoulders,and helmets.

Coach Reeve hopes to instill the honor,pride and tradition of winning back in the Gobblers.I think this is a step in the right direction in resurrecting the program. A lot of fans did not like the Forest Green and White me Included.

Cuero Tentative schedule Pre-District

C.C.West oso
Wharton
Lagrange
Sinton
Sealy

Anyone else Changing color and schemes of their uniform?AMEN OLD GREEN. I know we are glad to have the "old colors" back. It is a step in the right direction.

VWG
02-08-2004, 10:18 AM
I love the idea. Tradition at some schools just shouldn't be broken. I have always enjoyed seeing teams stick to tradition. Penn State, Michigan, Texas, Texas A&M, you don't see schools with great tradition changing their "look".
The new uniforms that some coaches come out with look gaudy at times. Striping on the pants that comes halway down from fat to skinny. YUCK!
Or the jersey with a diff. colored shoulder than the body... please.
Good for the Gobblers! Good luck in 2004 season.

sinton66
02-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Well, I'm sure the Pirates will be honored to visit you. Hopefully we can give you guys a little better competition this time. I'm still trying to find out what the rest of our pre-district schedule looks like. I'm glad to learn we're still playing the Gobblers.

Old Green
02-08-2004, 04:06 PM
sinton66:
Well, I'm sure the Pirates will be honored to visit you. Hopefully we can give you guys a little better competition this time. I'm still trying to find out what the rest of our pre-district schedule looks like. I'm glad to learn we're still playing the Gobblers.I'm Glad they are playing Also 66.
Pirates will be a lot better in 2004. The deep run in the playoffs gave the soph. and junior players a lot more experience. They will play Cuero hard as usual. :)

I agree with you VWG on that large stripe down the leg. Looks like something that a Alpine Ski Jumper would wear. :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
02-08-2004, 04:55 PM
IS it too early for goose-bumps?

Old Green
02-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Nope !!

PITarpon85
02-08-2004, 06:40 PM
I remmember those uniforms. Tradition is important in 3a football. When we (PI Tarpons) changed our traditional blue white and silver and added black, many former players didn't like the change. I as a former Tarpon player, felt that "the powers that be" didn't apperciate the history of our colors. It's good to hear that your Gobblers of today can show the Gobblers of old they are worthy of wear of the colors worn by their uncles, brothers and fathers. Good Call Cuero.

Old Dog
02-09-2004, 12:44 AM
Gobbla, similar thing happened when Coach Shipley moved back to Burnet. We had gotten off on a different green with gray and/or black. We too are Kelly Green and White. One of the first interviews he had included mention of going back to the traditional colors of the school. It really helped us ole timers appreciate the return to "the way it once was"!

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-09-2004, 12:01 PM
I do like change, but in that same breath, I like tradition as well. So I'm g;ad for the change back too. Little things sometimes make big differences.

cgaceb
02-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Yea, I bet yall wish the guy who changed those colors was still there. 9-2 was pathetic year in his tenure.

44INAROW
02-09-2004, 05:06 PM
cgaceb:
Yea, I bet yall wish the guy who changed those colors was still there. 9-2 was pathetic year in his tenure.What was his record this past season?

CatWoman
02-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Ballinger's colors are red and black. We always had red home jerseys and red pants with black and white stripes and numbers. A few years ago they went to black jerseys and black pants. Being a died in the wool traditionalist, I nearly died the first time I saw them. We have gone back to the red jerseys, but stil have black pants. It looks really good, but I still like the red on red better.

Old Green
02-09-2004, 06:22 PM
cgaceb:
Yea, I bet yall wish the guy who changed those colors was still there. 9-2 was pathetic year in his tenure.No!! He is in the Valley now.

spirate_9
02-09-2004, 07:55 PM
sinton66:
Well, I'm sure the Pirates will be honored to visit you. Hopefully we can give you guys a little better competition this time. I'm still trying to find out what the rest of our pre-district schedule looks like. I'm glad to learn we're still playing the Gobblers.Sinton starts off the season with Taft, then I'm not sure the order of the next five but they play G-P, Beeville, Orange Grove, Cuero and West Oso.

Gobbla2001
02-09-2004, 08:27 PM
cgaceb:
Yea, I bet yall wish the guy who changed those colors was still there. 9-2 was pathetic year in his tenure.If you're talking about Finley (AKA: "Option"), Yes, he was a good coach... He also had a lot more talent in his day and didn't know how to beat Sealy...

Turning a 7-3 '91 team into a 4-6 '92 team?

6-5 with all of that talent in '96?

Yah he took us to a couple of title games but a lot of those guys could have been playing on college teams... I give the man credit where credit is due, he did well at Arlington when he got there that's for sure... But let's face it, he was a bung-hole... He left during the offseason of my sophmore year, never sat us down and said 'Adios', didn't even continue helping the seniors get their scholorships, just left... REAL great guy... Let's remember football is more of a lesson to the athletes than it is a sport (in the long run anyway)...

Littleton on the other hand, if you're talking about him (which I don't think you are), 9-2 WAS his best record...

Anyway, turning a 5-6 '02 team into a 9-2 '03 team that only returned 2/3 starters is dang good...

Thang God the option is no longer the basis of our offense, now the talent we have can maybe get them a ring...

Old Green
02-09-2004, 10:02 PM
spirate_9:

sinton66:
Well, I'm sure the Pirates will be honored to visit you. Hopefully we can give you guys a little better competition this time. I'm still trying to find out what the rest of our pre-district schedule looks like. I'm glad to learn we're still playing the Gobblers.Sinton starts off the season with Taft, then I'm not sure the order of the next five but they play G-P, Beeville, Orange Grove, Cuero and West Oso.spirate_9, Does G-P have that RB Connell, I believe that's his name back for this year.

44INAROW
02-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Gobbla2001:

cgaceb:
Yea, I bet yall wish the guy who changed those colors was still there. 9-2 was pathetic year in his tenure.If you're talking about Finley (AKA: "Option"), Yes, he was a good coach... He also had a lot more talent in his day and didn't know how to beat Sealy...

Turning a 7-3 '91 team into a 4-6 '92 team?

6-5 with all of that talent in '96?

Yah he took us to a couple of title games but a lot of those guys could have been playing on college teams... I give the man credit where credit is due, he did well at Arlington when he got there that's for sure... But let's face it, he was a bung-hole... He left during the offseason of my sophmore year, never sat us down and said 'Adios', didn't even continue helping the seniors get their scholorships, just left... REAL great guy... Let's remember football is more of a lesson to the athletes than it is a sport (in the long run anyway)...

Littleton on the other hand, if you're talking about him (which I don't think you are), 9-2 WAS his best record...

Anyway, turning a 5-6 '02 team into a 9-2 '03 team that only returned 2/3 starters is dang good...

Thang God the option is no longer the basis of our offense, now the talent we have can maybe get them a ring...Nice Post Gobbla.. I am still reeling from the SCL loss in Dec 1993. Some more of that "option" .. Cuero should have won that one.