PDA

View Full Version : What do Burger King, Dickey's BBQ, .........?

PPHSfan
02-09-2011, 09:57 AM
What do Burger King, Dickey's BBQ, OnThe Border & CiCi's Pizza all have in common?

They all suck at what they do.

Can you name other national chains that blow chunks?

Maybe places other than just food.

jason
02-09-2011, 09:58 AM
taco bell

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2011, 09:59 AM
I actually like Dickey's BBQ, especially when me and the wife get Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupons.

I agree with you on all the rest though, and would add Jason's Deli to your list.

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2011, 10:03 AM
funny I think all of those are good...NOT GREAT but good

PPHSfan
02-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Where do you live that Dickey's is your BBQ choice?

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Where do you live that Dickey's is your BBQ choice?

Denton

We'll drive out to Lewisville for Spring Creek on occasion, but most of the Mom & Pop places around Denton make us sick afterward.

PPHSfan
02-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
funny I think all of those are good...NOT GREAT but good

You need to take that money you won on the football pot and get Grant to drive you around to some eatin joints. You're in need of some intervention. Lol

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2011, 10:07 AM
You need to take that money you won on the football pot and get Grant to drive you around to some eatin joints. You're in need of some intervention. Lol

I dont think I won...but again, not saying any of those are first choice, but they are ok

PPHSfan
02-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Denton

We'll drive out to Lewisville for Spring Creek on occasion, but most of the Mom & Pop places around Denton make us sick afterward.

Spring Creek has great sauce. Their meat is hit or miss to me. Try driving south next time to Angelo's on White Settlement in Fort Worth. It's a religious experience.

PPHSfan
02-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont think I won...but again, not saying any of those are first choice, but they are ok

Life's too short to eat "ok" food. :D

poisoned10
02-09-2011, 10:12 AM
What do Burger King, Dickey's BBQ, OnThe Border & CiCi's Pizza all have in common?

Maybe places other than just food.

I like Burger King and CiCi's is good if you're REALLY hungary and don't have a lot of money. I do love the cinnamon rolls though. I will occasionally buy some to bring home. Those things are amazing!

We don't have a Dickey's BBQ so that's out of the question.

On the Border is decent. They have a lot of drink specials so that's how they get their business here in Tyler. Tyler just has so many mexican restaurants that I like more than OtB so we just never go there.

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
I like Burger King and CiCi's is good if you're REALLY hungary and don't have a lot of money. I do love the cinnamon rolls though. I will occasionally buy some to bring home. Those things are amazing!

We don't have a Dickey's BBQ so that's out of the question.

On the Border is decent. They have a lot of drink specials so that's how they get their business here in Tyler. Tyler just has so many mexican restaurants that I like more than OtB so we just never go there.

I used to like CiCi's alright for the sake of cheapness, but they've raised their prices over the last few years to where it's only about a buck more to eat at Pizza Inn, where the quality is far superior.

Plus, the last time I ate at CiCi's, I had to leave work less than an hour later because I was projectile vomiting with food poisoning.

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2011, 10:16 AM

Plus, the last time I ate at CiCi's, I had to leave work less than an hour later because I was projectile vomiting with food poisoning.

I dont care how much you like a place, when that happens it ruins that place no matter if it is a high quality place or a dump

poisoned10
02-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Usually, when I leave there, I projectile something, but it's not puke.

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Usually, when I leave there, I projectile something, but it's not puke.

I used to have a much tougher stomach when I was single. I ate wherever I wanted and never had an issue. But once I met my wife, she wouldn't go to a lot of the places I did, so we started eating at nicer restaurants. Apparently my immunity wore off, because when I try going places like that where I used to eat regularly, I feel really ill afterward, and it ends up coming out one end or the other.

PPHSfan
02-09-2011, 10:26 AM
I like Burger King and CiCi's is good.......

Now we know how you got your name. :eek:

Gsquared
02-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Mrs. Squared and I are going to the highly touted Ocean Prime for Valentines Day on Monday. Since making the reservation, ive heard a few people say its highly overrated though.

poisoned10
02-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Now we know how you got your name. :eek:

Actually, this is an abbreviated version from what I wanted.

On the "other site" I was 'poisonednutz10.' But the 3ADL and it's greatness deemed that to be offensive and wouldn't let me use it.

Way to go 3ADL! :mad:

Rabid Cougar
02-09-2011, 10:37 AM

They are all really good after 6 months of MRE's and DFac food.

Emerson1
02-09-2011, 10:39 AM
You can't beat spending an hour in a CiCis for only $4.99.

Worst non-food chain, Best Buy. I usually get gift cards to there and like to go an laugh at the people buying $50 HDMI cables and other outrageously priced items.

BILLYFRED0000
02-09-2011, 10:51 AM
somplace that really blows.

I would go with the Yellow Crescent tavern. otherwise known as micky d's.

Burger king can be hit or miss.
Taco Bell with 35 percent meat is a dead miss.

Ranger Mom
02-09-2011, 10:55 AM

On the "other site" I was 'poisonednutz10.' But the 3ADL and it's greatness deemed that to be offensive and wouldn't let me use it.

Really??

I always forget we have a filter on here!!

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000

Taco Bell with 35 percent meat is a dead miss.

False.

http://www.tacobell.com/company/newsreleasearticle/Statement-Regarding-Class-Action-Lawsuit

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2011, 11:02 AM
False.

http://www.tacobell.com/company/newsreleasearticle/Statement-Regarding-Class-Action-Lawsuit

i liked how they were aggressive and not hiding it

Bullaholic
02-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Applebee's is not an oasis of epicurian delight....

Personally, I can't stand McDonalds....overpriced, small portions, and terrible food.

GrTigers6
02-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Applebee's is not an oasis of epicurian delight.... But they do have $1.25 drafts:D

cr180t
02-09-2011, 11:22 AM
We loved CiCi's Pizza. About 11 years ago. Only place we would eat at. Kids ate free. Wife drank water and bill was 4.25 Total.. Living it big back then

Emerson1
02-09-2011, 11:25 AM

Personally, I can't stand McDonalds....overpriced, small portions, and terrible food.
People think they are getting such a good deal, but the dollar menu at Sonic or Taco bell gets you probably double the amount of food.

Bullaholic
02-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Spring Creek has great sauce. Their meat is hit or miss to me. Try driving south next time to Angelo's on White Settlement in Fort Worth. It's a religious experience.

The Railhead on Montgomery in Ft. Worth is primo bbq...Doesn't have Angelo's "wisdom" experience or chance for free legal advice from every Ft. Worth lawyer there, either.....:D

Matthew328
02-09-2011, 11:26 AM
not big on Cici's or Burger King...used to like Cici's but they changed up recipies or something...OTB I am Ok with, its not great but its close to the job and I like their salsa..

Applebee's does suck

Bullaholic
02-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Pancho's Mexican Buffet, anyone? It's the care package for starving college students....:D

SWMustang
02-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You can't beat spending an hour in a CiCis for only $4.99.

Worst non-food chain, Best Buy. I usually get gift cards to there and like to go an laugh at the people buying $50 HDMI cables and other outrageously priced items.

I'm not a fan of Best Buy either. I was looking at hi def camcorders and the salesperson showing them didn't have a key to the case - only managers had keys. So I would have him take one out and I wanted to pull it out and use it - try it out but apparently you can't do that. The unit wasn't on display several other units I looked at were inoperable.

Emerson1
02-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I'm not a fan of Best Buy either. I was looking at hi def camcorders and the salesperson showing them didn't have a key to the case - only managers had keys. So I would have him take one out and I wanted to pull it out and use it - try it out but apparently you can't do that. The unit wasn't on display several other units I looked at were inoperable.

www.amazon.com

free shipping, no tax, always equal or cheaper in price

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2011, 11:53 AM
I like Best Buy when it comes to certain things, but you HAVE to RESEARCH best prices.

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Applebee's is not an oasis of epicurian delight....

ugghh....Applebee's...I'd forgotten about them. I think it's because I try to ignore their existence as much as possible. I've tried it three times in the last five years and every time have determined that I wouldn't go back. But for some reason there seems to be people that like the food there.

Pendragon13
02-09-2011, 12:08 PM

Maybe places other than just food. I totally agree with all of these...especially On the Border. Funny thing is that back in my younger days I loved OTB...but I don't know if my tastes have changed or they have gone downhill lately.

hollywood
02-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Agree... BK, Dickey's, and CiCi's are horrible... OTB is okay, salsa and chips are their best ting... goes good with Dos XX.

Taco Casa is better than Taco Bell. Way too many preservatives in Taco Bell's food.

Habenaro's is the place for fast food Tex-mex imo, they use fresh ingredients.

BBQ? The Salt Lick in Austin is dang good.

What-a-Burger way better than BK. Is it just me or did the Wopper used to be a LOT better than it is today.

Blackcat1954
02-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Isnt there a Dickey's BBQ in Katy Mills Mall?

Could of swore I ate there before

Ate at Spring Creek way down on Hwy 6 past the Southwest Freeway- Had a coupon and still was high.

BBQ wasn't that good and dry- Sauce was the best thing- Ribs were okay

Won't eat there again
I want to try Sowells's (Coach Rick's Place) in Three Rivers but its a long drive for us from Hungerford-at least 2 and a half hours

Get tired of eating at same ole places in Wharton, Bay City and El Camp and even Rosenberg at Brazos Town Center- Texas Road House gets old as does Cracker Barrel and Buffalo Wild Wings

WestTxschwab
02-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Taco Bell blows, use real meat!

Blackcat1954
02-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Eating at Subway gets old too

Can't stand Taco Bell even though its cheap

Have diner here in Bay City but hard to get out of there for under $10 with a drink.

Pizza Hut gets old too as does Sonic, Dairy Queen and McDonald's and Jack

Wish we had a Burger King here or Arby's but Bay City is too small of a city-only 18,000

garciap77
02-09-2011, 01:14 PM

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc309/MalibuSeaS/diecast/Smilies/banned.gif

;)

PPHSfan
02-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
I totally agree with all of these...especially On the Border. Funny thing is that back in my younger days I loved OTB...but I don't know if my tastes have changed or they have gone downhill lately.

When I was a kid I liked Panchos. Now you couldn't get me in there at gun point.

I'm blown away that some like OTB chips and sauce. I think their chips are terrible and there sauce tastes canned. I guess I'm spoiled. Fresco's Cocina Mexicana flat out destroys OTB.

Bullaholic
02-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Blackcat1954
[B
Wish we had a Burger King here or Arby's but Bay City is too small of a city-only 18,000 [/B]

Decatur is only 6K and got em' both.

PPHSfan
02-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Decatur is only 6K and got em' both.

Is Catfish O'Harleys in Decatur any good?
Have seen it passing through. Wondering if it's worth the time.

Bullaholic
02-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Is Catfish O'Harleys in Decatur any good?
Have seen it passing through. Wondering if it's worth the time.

Pretty good fried fare place---reasonably priced, buffet line for coleslaw, beans etc. Worth the stop if fried is your thing.

Saggy Aggie
02-09-2011, 01:29 PM
I like the chicken quesadillas at Taco Bell. :)

PPHSfan
02-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Pretty good fried fare place---reasonably priced, buffet line for coleslaw, beans etc. Worth the stop if fried is your thing.

Guess I will pass. Thanks.

poisoned10
02-09-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm a bartender at the Applebees in Tyler.

Some of the food is good. I don't eat there much, but when I do, I usually eat boneless wings or another appetizer.

You can ask the servers at the Tyler Applebees and most of them will tell you the food sucks.

poisoned10
02-09-2011, 01:37 PM
But we stay busy. Especially after 9 when everyone comes out to drink.

I've only worked 4 days this week and have almost made $1000. Not bad for the food/service industry.

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
I like the chicken quesadillas at Taco Bell. :)

oooh....those were a weekly staple in my life until last January when I decided I needed to lose weight. Those were one of the few serious changes I made in my eating habits, but replacing them with Chicken Nuggets from Wendy's helped me lose 25 pounds in a year from diet alone.

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2011, 01:38 PM

I've only worked 4 days this week and have almost made $1000. Not bad for the food/service industry.

But how much does the IRS think you make??? :devil:

PPHSfan
02-09-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm a bartender at the Applebees in Tyler.

Some of the food is good. I don't eat there much, but when I do, I usually eat boneless wings or another appetizer.

You can ask the servers at the Tyler Applebees and most of them will tell you the food sucks.

Right on. And you can get a steak that's ten times better for the same price at Logan's.

rojosgirl
02-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Subway and Olive Garden in every town! YUK!

:dispntd:

poisoned10
02-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Right on. And you can get a steak that's ten times better for the same price at Logan's.

I actually like our Ribeyes. I haven't had many that match the taste, much less beat it.

Best Ribeye I've ever had was at Salt Grass in Mesquite.

poisoned10
02-09-2011, 01:43 PM
But how much does the IRS think you make??? :devil:

Um.... :D

PPHSfan
02-09-2011, 02:04 PM
I actually like our Ribeyes. I haven't had many that match the taste, much less beat it.

Best Ribeye I've ever had was at Salt Grass in Mesquite.

I'm not much on "flavored" steaks. Guess that's why I like Logan's better. Have you ever been to the H-3 in Cowtown?

poisoned10
02-09-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm not much on "flavored" steaks. Guess that's why I like Logan's better. Have you ever been to the H-3 in Cowtown?

Never heard of it.

PPHSfan
02-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Never heard of it.

You poor soul.

Matthew328
02-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Fresco's in Watauga is not bad....dunno what I like about OTB salsa but its one of my favorites....

best steak I've had was at Bob's..out freaking standing

hollywood
02-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Fresco's in Watauga is not bad....dunno what I like about OTB salsa but its one of my favorites....

best steak I've had was at Bob's..out freaking standing .

+1

hollywood
02-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Some people don't like the Agave's salsa and chips... I love 'em! Goes well with Dos XX!

hollywood
02-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Mi Familia salsa and chips is goot too. Also goes well with Dos XX. Did I mention that I like Dos XX's.

DDBooger
02-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Man, I miss good mexican food. :(

hollywood
02-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Good Mexican food pretty scarce up in Okie land?