DavidWooderson
02-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Whew! He won't be coming to PP!

bigwood33
02-08-2011, 05:55 AM
That "retirement" didn't last long, did it?:rolleyes:

Twirling Time
02-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Coincidentally, he replaces another coach who used to work up this way, John Hall.

bigwood33
02-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Coincidentally, he replaces another coach who used to work up this way, John Hall.
Yep and they could not be more different, Slot- T for Coach Hall and Spread and sling it for Coach Bomar. OG got themselves a good FOOTBALL coach.

Pick6
02-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
OG got themselves a good FOOTBALL coach.

Probably so, but watch the other programs suffer.

pirate4state
02-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Probably so, but watch the other programs suffer. :thinking:

Time will tell. OG has been competitive in most all other sports, well except baseball. Not sure what happened there. The girl's program has been up & down, but have recently experienced some nice playoff runs in VB & BB. Softball has kinda declined some, but I expect them to do better this year. :D Their track program has faired well too.

PPHSfan
02-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Just a question. I'm not hating. But do you find it strange that when coach Bomar had Rhett playing for him (the number one recruit in the nation ahead of Adrian Peterson) that he still couldn't make it to the playoffs?

Ernest T Bass
02-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Just a question. I'm not hating. But do you find it strange that when coach Bomar had Rhett playing for him (the number one recruit in the nation ahead of Adrian Peterson) that he still couldn't make it to the playoffs?

It was at Grand Prairie. Not strange at all.

PPHSfan
02-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass

Great QBs and coaches find a way to come in third. Just saying.

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2011, 11:28 AM

agree..plus the mention of Peterson, in his SR Palestine went 6-4 and were beat in first round of play offs...having ONE amazing player and a bunch of scrubs does not mean much in 4A and 5A ball

Ernest T Bass
02-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Great QBs and coaches find a way to come in third. Just saying.

Not at GP. Imagine taking Bloomington High School's student body and putting them into a district that includes Cedar Hill, Duncanvile, and Desoto. The addition of Rhett Bomar only brings them to just below average.

PPHSfan
02-08-2011, 11:33 AM
So what demographic keeps grand prairie from having the Jimmys and the Joes?

bigwood33
02-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Probably so, but watch the other programs suffer.
That's exactly what I meant. If football is all that matters, he is your guy.

Pick6
02-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
That's exactly what I meant. If football is all that matters, he is your guy.

Hey, I went to watch my 2nd cousin play two bball games this year. Got to see your son play some. My cousin's description of your son, that's a football player out there playing bball...lol...The 'boro has a decent team, but is the coach always that high strung.

bigwood33
02-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Yes he is! I wish he would take a Zanex or 2.

Ernest T Bass
02-08-2011, 11:58 AM
So what demographic keeps grand prairie from having the Jimmys and the Joes?

As of 2009, GPHS was 74% hispanic, 15% white, and 11% black.
You've also got SGPHS to the south, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, and Desoto to the east, Arlington to the north and west, and now Mansfield with their exponential growth, and all of these are much stronger traditionally. So, it's hard to keep the few athletes that might come through there.
You don't see many 50+ point losses at the 5a level, but GP does.

bigwood33
02-08-2011, 12:15 PM
No one is afraid to go to the Gopher Bowl these days, are they?

PPHSfan
02-08-2011, 12:37 PM
As of 2009, GPHS was 74% hispanic, 15% white, and 11% black.
You've also got SGPHS to the south, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, and Desoto to the east, Arlington to the north and west, and now Mansfield with their exponential growth, and all of these are much stronger traditionally. So, it's hard to keep the few athletes that might come through there.
You don't see many 50+ point losses at the 5a level, but GP does.

Was the demo the same in 2004?

If so I can see your point.

Ernest T Bass
02-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Was the demo the same in 2004?

If so I can see your point.

Oh yeah, been thataway for many moons.

MustangFootball
02-08-2011, 06:21 PM
that's good news for Orange grove they are long over due for a good coach. orange grove typically a small team with lots of speed and big hearts, scrappy bunch guys who leave it all on the field. the 2006 playoff team they had was an awesome team with a never die attitude. but have fail to make the playoffs since then.

Phil C
02-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking:

Time will tell. OG has been competitive in most all other sports, well except baseball. Not sure what happened there. The girl's program has been up & down, but have recently experienced some nice playoff runs in VB & BB. Softball has kinda declined some, but I expect them to do better this year. :D Their track program has faired well too.

Actually they were competitive in softball last year. We held on to beat them by one point last year and even though they didn't make the playoffs they lost most of their games by one run in district. Thank goodness they are in a different district.

I wonder if Coach Bomar is going to live in OG or commute.