PDA

View Full Version : Graham vs Sweetwater

Jacket2000
09-07-2002, 12:56 PM
Bearcat and I attended this game, so even though Im region 2, Im gonna give my opinion. First off, Graham is HUGE! Sweetwater werent exactly midgets, but I wanna know what they feed those boys in Graham. The Steers have an excellent running game with RBs Cody Roberts(who is one tough lil' SOB)and Jason Gonzales(who's no slouch himself). QB Railsback is a decent running threat and a very accurate thrower, especially when the defense starts keying on the run. Graham's D didnt seem to have any standouts other than a big ol' DE who's name I dont know. But, they definately held their own. Also, if anyone here is from Graham, where in the hell did they get that kicker?! Good gawd, the kid has a Howitzer for a leg!
Sweetwater can be summed up in one word: Carillo. He's pretty much all they have, but he's enough to at least keep them in the game long enough for someone else to step up. Quick as a hiccup and pretty strong, but he's kinda selfish. He doesnt seem to like to pitch it. On at least two occasions, he kept the ball for a loss when he could have pitched for what looked like would have been a TD. If the 'Stangs can find at least one more major offensive threat, they may be playing in December.
All in all, this was a great game. Both teams should make some noise in the playoffs and both teams had great fans. Good luck to both.
J2K

VWG
09-08-2002, 08:28 PM
You should try another Region I battle in a couple of weeks. Graham travels to Abilene Wylie on Sept. 20th.
I agree that if you stop Carillo, you stop Sweetwater. Their FB Squires is good, but he doesn't get the ball but maybe 8 carries a game. Those carries are all dive plays up the middle. What did you think about the Mustangs lining up Carillo in the slot on their last offensive play? Gotta question the coach on taking the ball out of his best player's hands.
Oh yeah, you are dead on. The Steers kicker had that field goal at 45 yds., but it could have been made from about 55 easy.
Good luck to the Mustangs and Steers down the road.