PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Job

36phseal
02-07-2011, 03:39 PM
I heard that they completed interviews. Will they do a call back or do they have their man?

rancher
02-07-2011, 07:06 PM
They are planning on naming their man at the board meeting on the 17th.

tailingred
02-09-2011, 05:00 PM
I heard the head man @ Schulenburg might be in the running for this one?

44INAROW
02-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by tailingred

if so, wouldn't he be bringing a good QB with him? (or will he graduate this year?)

bobcat04
02-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
if so, wouldn't he be bringing a good QB with him? (or will he graduate this year?)

He will be a senior and has another son who is either a fresh or soph. Both are very talented!

Bull's-eye
02-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

2A DII player of the year as a Jr, rarely left the field.

He started at quarterback and defensive end and kicked and punted for the Shorthorns, who advanced to the Class 2A, Division II quarterfinals before losing to Refugio and finishing the season with a 13-1 record.

Bludau passed 2,202 yards and 27 touchdowns and rushed 1,050 yards and 15 touchdowns. He had a 42.7-yard punting average and kicked five field goals, with a long of 45 yards.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by tailingred

Anyone know his record from when he was in Columbus to now?

coach
02-09-2011, 09:05 PM
They should hire Bryan Baize. I hear his name coming up a lot and is the next BIG name in coaching.

Bull's-eye
02-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Tommy Bludau has won 217 games as a coach, this puts him in 44th place all-time for Texas HS football. His career record is 217-103-4.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by bobcat04
He will be a senior and has another son who is either a fresh or soph. Both are very talented!

Also the senior is also a D1 prospect in Baseball.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Tommy Bludau has won 217 games as a coach, this puts him in 44th place all-time for Texas HS football. His career record is 217-103-4.

Huey was 115-49 in Bellville, were is he all time in Texas?

bigcat8
02-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Know for a fact Bludau did not even apply for the Bellvile Job....

Bull's-eye
02-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Huey was 115-49 in Bellville, where is he all time in Texas?

I believe his all-time Texas coaching record is 119-85. Chancellor went 2-18 at Palacios before going to Bellville and just recently went 2-18 at Pine tree. Huey's best days were at Bellville, from 2001-2003, Bellville had the best football record of any 3A team in Texas (38-4) and from 2000-2008, they were ranked 7th at the 3A level with 86 total wins. Over the same nine year period, Bellville averaged 9.6 wins per season.

hookandladder
02-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by bigcat8
Know for a fact Bludau did not even apply for the Bellvile Job....

I would bet this post holds the most weight, I would be very surprised also if he did even apply.

OLE'BULL
02-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I believe his all-time Texas coaching record is 119-85. Chancellor went 2-18 at Palacios before going to Bellville and just recently went 2-18 at Pine tree. Huey's best days were at Bellville, from 2001-2003, Bellville had the best football record of any 3A team in Texas (38-4) and from 2000-2008, they were ranked 7th at the 3A level with 86 total wins. Over the same nine year period, Bellville averaged 9.6 wins per season.

Ahhh the glory days. The million dollar question: Who's gonna be the guy who gets us back there????

redball
02-10-2011, 04:37 PM
I think that man should be Mobley!! The players will walk on water for him!!!!!! He knows how to win, and he believes in the kids. I guess everyone has their favorite, but he would be my pick.

rancher
02-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Rusty Nails

bigcat8
02-11-2011, 01:47 PM
nope.. nail didn't apply either.......next

OLE'BULL
02-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Less than a week and we should have an answer

BOCEPHUS
02-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Rusty Nails

NAH.....WAS 'SQUEAKEY HINGE'

'STRIPPED SCREW' HAD ALLREADY SIGNED NEW CONTRACT

zebrablue2
02-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
NAH.....WAS 'SQUEAKEY HINGE'

'STRIPPED SCREW' HAD ALLREADY SIGNED NEW CONTRACT

WASA MISSIN THET THRE W-D 400 STUF I GRESS!!:D

coach
02-12-2011, 05:27 PM
They should look at Bryan Baize. I heard his name keeps coming up in interviews. I heard he was a helluva coach and was the next big thing in the state of Texas.

Ernest T Bass
02-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by coach
They should look at Bryan Baize. I heard his name keeps coming up in interviews. I heard he was a helluva coach and was the next big thing in the state of Texas.

Never heard of him.

YTBulldogs
02-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Never heard of him.

Me either. Not like Bowman anyways. Is he currently coaching in Texas?

OLE'BULL
02-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Anyone know anything about this guy from TROY????????????

Athletic Director/Head Football Coach - Grady Rowe

Ernest T Bass
02-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Anyone know anything about this guy from TROY????????????

Athletic Director/Head Football Coach - Grady Rowe

He's a good one.

OLE'BULL
02-14-2011, 03:53 PM
He's a good one.

I sure hope so, any other info?

Ernest T Bass
02-14-2011, 03:57 PM
What do you wanna know?

OLE'BULL
02-14-2011, 03:58 PM
What do you wanna know?

His history, record, etc.?

Ernest T Bass
02-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Don't know about records, but has been a consistant playoff contender at Troy and has won a few playoff games. Young guy, lots of energy. Would be good for Bellville, I think.

OLE'BULL
02-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Don't know about records, but has been a consistant playoff contender at Troy and has won a few playoff games. Young guy, lots of energy. Would be good for Bellville, I think.

Ya I just dont know much about him either, or even Troy for that matter. Young and energetic is good, a few playoff games is not.

Ernest T Bass
02-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Ya I just dont know much about him either, or even Troy for that matter. Young and energetic is good, a few playoff games is not.

You're not gonna get a big time successful HC unless he's at a 1a or possibly a 2a. Grady would be a great hire for Bellville.

runtowin
02-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Rowe runs a very good program and has many 8+ win seasons

OLE'BULL
02-14-2011, 04:20 PM
You're not gonna get a big time successful HC unless he's at a 1a or possibly a 2a. Grady would be a great hire for Bellville.

Welp I guess we got lucky then, rumor through the grapevine is that he is now a Brahma

OLE'BULL
02-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by runtowin
Rowe runs a very good program and has many 8+ win seasons

Sounds like he's on the up and up, exciting...

Ernest T Bass
02-14-2011, 04:23 PM
That's a win for the Brahmas then.

OLE'BULL
02-14-2011, 04:27 PM
That's a win for the Brahmas then.

Thats good to hear, I am impressed at how quickly they found another AD. Hopefully this is not a rumor I heard but it came from a source who has not let me down yet. Not sure if they have made it "official"...

Ernest T Bass
02-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Hopefuly they'll have him teaching a full load of core classes and they'll pay him the standard teaching salary. That's the Bellville way, I hear.

OLE'BULL
02-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Hopefuly they'll have him teaching a full load of core classes and they'll pay him the standard teaching salary. That's the Bellville way, I hear.

Haha, I seriously doubt the AD/HC will be teaching anything mine as well a full load. The AD job itself is pretty time consuming even without football on his plate

Ernest T Bass
02-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Haha, I seriously doubt the AD/HC will be teaching anything mine as well a full load. The AD job itself is pretty time consuming even without football on his plate

Well then, the BISD is bloated and needs to be cut to the bone!

MJMbrahmas10
02-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Grady rowe is officially the man

Bull's-eye
02-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
Grady rowe is officially the man

Does anybody know what kind of offense & defense he ran at Troy?

Brahma84
02-14-2011, 06:31 PM
The district website has some info.

www.bellvilleisd.org

BrahmaMom
02-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Welcome Coach Rowe! Bring it on, we are ready! Expectations are high and you have some talent coming in, after a lackluster year. Brahmas are a loyal bunch, you're gonna love us!

Yoe_09
02-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Does anybody know what kind of offense & defense he ran at Troy?

Power run...I think Slot T. This guy is energetic...you will not have to worry about that.

OldBison75
02-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Bellville will see an offense that is heavy on power running with timely passing. There will be alot of responsibility on the offensive line to make correct reads. His offense is a combination of a wing-T and slot-T. Most of the time you will see a wingback or slot back and tight end. He will test the linebacker on the opposition with swing and downfield passes to the backs. This offense depends on establishing a run threat first and then exploiting the linebacker and safeties coming up for run support.

Defensively, there will be a basic 4-3 style that uses the linebackers to make most of the plays. Lots of stunts and zone blitzes and will depend on the speed of the players to be successful.

XMan
02-15-2011, 06:43 AM
I cant believe that Bellville people do not remember that ole Grady Rowe used to be the Smithville baseball coach bout 10-15 years ago. Smithville and Bellville were in the same district back then.

hookandladder
02-15-2011, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by XMan
I cant believe that Bellville people do not remember that ole Grady Rowe used to be the Smithville baseball coach bout 10-15 years ago. Smithville and Bellville were in the same district back then.

Wow, from baseball coach to football coach. Interesting, Good Luck Bellville.

OLE'BULL
02-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Bellville will see an offense that is heavy on power running with timely passing. There will be alot of responsibility on the offensive line to make correct reads. His offense is a combination of a wing-T and slot-T. Most of the time you will see a wingback or slot back and tight end. He will test the linebacker on the opposition with swing and downfield passes to the backs. This offense depends on establishing a run threat first and then exploiting the linebacker and safeties coming up for run support.

Defensively, there will be a basic 4-3 style that uses the linebackers to make most of the plays. Lots of stunts and zone blitzes and will depend on the speed of the players to be successful.

Sounds alot like Coach Chancellors old system both offensively and defensivly. The more I hear about him, the more I like. Energy/Passion is something that the teams of the past 1-2 years has lacked. Hopefully Coach Rowe can change that, sounds like he is capable...

Red Bull
02-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Everything I hear about Coach Rowe sounds positive. Here's wishing him good luck in Bellville. I think all of Bellville's sports and student athletes are in good hands with Coach Rowe.

Torch Bearer
02-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I do not know anything about him and he is probable a great hire. I would have thought the Bellville job would have attracted some big names or at least coaches from big time programs that have gone very deep in the playoffs. A 2A coach that has not won it all is a suprise to me. Good luck Bellville and coach Rowe.

Ernest T Bass
02-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Torch Bearer
I do not know anything about him and he is probable a great hire. I would have thought the Bellville job would have attracted some big names or at least coaches from big time programs that have gone very deep in the playoffs. A 2A coach that has not won it all is a suprise to me. Good luck Bellville and coach Rowe.

When's the last time Bellville won it all? It's not that big of a job.

hookandladder
02-15-2011, 02:38 PM

Surprised me also, just saying.

BrahmaMom
02-15-2011, 02:43 PM
With over 200 applicants, I was a tad surprised. However, it sounds like the return of a system that worked for Bellville in the Chancellor years. I understand the players will meet their new coach this week--you juniors, step up and greet him and show him what you're made of!

Torch Bearer
02-15-2011, 02:48 PM
No Bellville has not won it all Bass, and it might only be me that thinks this job should have brought in a big name. I know this - the pressure to win is there, most years Bellville has better athletes than the teams they play with a great mix of athletes, decent facilities, and a strong tradition of winning. Bellville also is a well rounded program that competes in every sport except girls basketball. Once again, nothing against coach Rowe, I just thought this job would land a bigger name or at least someone from a bigger program that has won a lot of playoff games maybe 4A or 5A.

Ernest T Bass
02-15-2011, 02:59 PM
No Bellville has not won it all Bass, and it might only be me that thinks this job should have brought in a big name. I know this - the pressure to win is there, most years Bellville has better athletes than the teams they play with a great mix of athletes, decent facilities, and a strong tradition of winning. Bellville also is a well rounded program that competes in every sport except girls basketball. Once again, nothing against coach Rowe, I just thought this job would land a bigger name or at least someone from a bigger program that has won a lot of playoff games maybe 4A or 5A.

You honestly think that a successful HC from a 4a or 5a would take a job at a 3a that's fresh off a 2-8 season and 2 years removed from the playoffs? That would be a huge step down. Now an assistant would jump at the opportunity, but from what I understand, BISD wouldn't consider anyone without previous HC experience.
As for successful 1a and 2a HCs, if the money's right you might be able to pull one of'em. Ive also heard that that was a bit of an issue(can't confirm, though). Either way, Bellville got'em a good one. If the athletes are there, Grady'll put'em back on the map.

OLE'BULL
02-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Any word on who will be replacing him at Troy? Since I am not familiar with them, is that a highly sought after AD job?

Ernest T Bass
02-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Any word on who will be replacing him at Troy? Since I am not familiar with them, is that a highly sought after AD job?

It wasn't before. I imagine there will be lots of 4a and 5a coordinators looking to get their first HC gig in that one.

hookandladder
02-15-2011, 04:51 PM
It wasn't before. I imagine there will be lots of 4a and 5a coordinators looking to get their first HC gig in that one.

When thinking back for the last few years 2A down, I do not remember hearing Troy as being a team to beat in the playoffs or even going deep into the playoffs. I guess I was thinking Bellville would take the same route as us and look for an OC or DC coach in the 4A to 5A ranks , guessed wrong. Time will tell.

Ernest T Bass
02-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
When thinking back for the last few years 2A down, I do not remember hearing Troy as being a team to beat in the playoffs or even going deep into the playoffs. I guess I was thinking Bellville would take the same route as us and look for an OC or DC coach in the 4A to 5A ranks , guessed wrong. Time will tell.

They had a couple deep runs under Grady. They were a consistent presence in the playoffs, which is something they'd never been before.

dog40
02-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Maxpreps had Troy going 5-5 last year and 2-3 in District play. Bellville plays a lot tougher schedule than Troy's.

Red Bull
02-15-2011, 06:02 PM
I don't think you need to be a big name hire to win. Look at all levels of football and you can see that. Good luck coach Rowe and I look forward to meeting you on Thursday.

Ernest T Bass
02-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by dog40
Maxpreps had Troy going 5-5 last year and 2-3 in District play. Bellville plays a lot tougher schedule than Troy's.

Not much in the way of athletes in Troy, America. I think their history shows that. No one's been anywhere near as successful there as Grady. He'll get the Brahmas back on the map.
Bellville ain't Southlake. You're not gonna get Todd Dodge. Honestly, Id say Bellville got a steal.

Bull's-eye
02-15-2011, 09:45 PM
With all the candidates, Belllville had their choice of some very outstanding coaches. I'm curious to know what was the decidng factor to go with Coach Rowe? What made him stand out among an impressive list of applicants?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Wow, from baseball coach to football coach. Interesting, Good Luck Bellville.

Sounds like you are making fun of this hire? I am sure their are people that have no idea who your guy was when he was hired! Whats his name? lets see how Interesting it will be next season!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Surprised me also, just saying.

Your surprise might Happen, JUST SAYING!

XMan
02-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Good luck to coach Rowe. I believe he was a coordinator under Birchum in Smithville back in the day. As a baseball coach, he did beat Bellville one year. Tied Bellville for 3rd, but lost to the Brahmas in a play-in game if memory serves me correctly. He is the brother of the Livingston head coach. Livingston runs an old style South Texas T type of offense. Rumor is that Grady was a heck of a softball player back in his Livingston days. Again, good luck.

hookandladder
02-16-2011, 07:19 AM
Sounds like you are making fun of this hire? I am sure their are people that have no idea who your guy was when he was hired! Whats his name? lets see how Interesting it will be next season!

Not making fun of anything, just thought it was interesting that Bellville would hire from a lower class level. You are right, no one knew much about our hire however being an OC or DC at a 4A or 5A with an impressive resume won out over HC's in the lower ranks with our committee. We will be ready next season and the season after that, maybe we will be in the same District again in a couple of years. Looking forward to the Bellville matchups, great rivalry.

Red Bull
02-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Obviously, the committee in charge of hiring a new AD / FHC was impressed with Coach Rowe. In situations like this you hire the best person for the job. As I have stated before, the big name person is not always the best person for the job. Just ask A&M and Coach Fran. Todd Dodge at North Texas. The list goes on and on at all levels of football.

We will see very quickly that this was the right hire for Bellville. For all sports.

Get your licks in now for you may not be able to in a year or two.

OLE'BULL
02-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Now that they have officially hired Coach Rowe, does anyone have the full list of applicants, or know where it could be found???

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Not making fun of anything, just thought it was interesting that Bellville would hire from a lower class level. You are right, no one knew much about our hire however being an OC or DC at a 4A or 5A with an impressive resume won out over HC's in the lower ranks with our committee. We will be ready next season and the season after that, maybe we will be in the same District again in a couple of years. Looking forward to the Bellville matchups, great rivalry.

Would like to know was your guy a AD/HFC, or a OC/DC? Was he in a 4a or 5a? What was his record? Before he was hired? What was his District recored after he was hired?

hookandladder
02-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Would like to know was your guy a AD/HFC, or a OC/DC? Was he in a 4a or 5a? What was his record? Before he was hired? What was his District recored after he was hired?

DC at 4A Fort Worth Alamo Heights, also won State Championship at La Marque as an Ass. coach. Coached at other schools as well, his family has a long history in coaching football( Father,Brother, Grandfather). Most of his Ass. that he has brought in were coaching in 4A & 5A, Our new OC was OC at either 4A or 5A. I would say most of my info. is pretty acurate, most coming from what the paper has reported on our hire. I am sure Bellville will be fine as long as they keep their Baseball coach, great asset to football as well.

Ernest T Bass
02-16-2011, 11:25 AM
DC at 4A Fort Worth Alamo Heights, also won State Championship at La Marque as an Ass. coach. Coached at other schools as well, his family has a long history in coaching football( Father,Brother, Grandfather). Most of his Ass. that he has brought in were coaching in 4A & 5A, Our new OC was OC at either 4A or 5A. I would say most of my info. is pretty acurate, most coming from what the paper has reported on our hire. I am sure Bellville will be fine as long as they keep their Baseball coach, great asset to football as well.

I would say that there is a good chance your info is completely wrong, considering there is no such thing as Ft Worth Alamo Heights High School.

hookandladder
02-16-2011, 11:45 AM
I would say that there is a good chance your info is completely wrong, considering there is no such thing as Ft Worth Alamo Heights High School.

My bad Arlington Heights and I would bet it is not completely wrong, if you know better fill us in please.

Ernest T Bass
02-16-2011, 11:52 AM
I would say that a coordinator at Arlington Heights is probably not gonna get much serious consideration for a job like this. One playoff win isn't very impressive. No doubt they've done a great job considering the cluster that FWISD is, but still not gonna get a gig like that. Being HC at Troy outranks that considerably, especially with the success he's had.

hookandladder
02-16-2011, 12:04 PM
I would say that a coordinator at Arlington Heights is probably not gonna get much serious consideration for a job like this. One playoff win isn't very impressive. No doubt they've done a great job considering the cluster that FWISD is, but still not gonna get a gig like that. Being HC at Troy outranks that considerably, especially with the success he's had.

We shall see Bass, he will have his work cut out for him. Our list of coaches for our AD/HC was very impressive, so Coach Kates must have done something to stand out. Hopefully Bellville will be on our schedule again next year, should be interesting. Early post said Troy was 5-5 and 2-3 in District, was that correct.

Ernest T Bass
02-16-2011, 12:13 PM
We shall see Bass, he will have his work cut out for him. Our list of coaches for our AD/HC was very impressive, so Coach Kates must have done something to stand out. Hopefully Bellville will be on our schedule again next year, should be interesting. Early post said Troy was 5-5 and 2-3 in District, was that correct.

Yes, last year. Also made the playoffs 5 of his 6 years there, as well as two trips to the 3rd round and one trip to the 4th round; and a trip to the 5a quarterfinals as an assistant.
I never said that Kates isn't qualified nor that he won't be successful. Just that on paper it's not very impressive, which is usually the 2nd most important thing when it comes to these hires.

hookandladder
02-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Yes, last year. Also made the playoffs 5 of his 6 years there, as well as two trips to the 3rd round and one trip to the 4th round; and a trip to the 5a quarterfinals as an assistant.
I never said that Kates isn't qualified nor that he won't be successful. Just that on paper it's not very impressive, which is usually the 2nd most important thing when it comes to these hires.

I would have to disagree, I feel a successful 4A or 5A OC or DC would be just as impressive on paper. Unless the 2A or lower level coach has a State Championship or 2. Just an opinion, everybody has one. I would think how a person interviews would also be important, not just on paper. Bottom line he better win because that is expected in Bellville, Good luck to both. Great school with great tradition.

Torch Bearer
02-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Some of the time the interview is a mere formality. The best interviewer does not always get the job. There are very few jobs that are actually "open". Most of the jobs are not really open, but the school has to advertise and there is always some connection to the hire by someone in a position to do the hiring. The good superindentents are the ones that get their guy and make everyone feel that he was the best choice and that takes talent.

OLE'BULL
02-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Some of the time the interview is a mere formality. The best interviewer does not always get the job. There are very few jobs that are actually "open". Most of the jobs are not really open, but the school has to advertise and there is always some connection to the hire by someone in a position to do the hiring. The good superindentents are the ones that get their guy and make everyone feel that he was the best choice and that takes talent.

Sadly enough I believe you are right. To me it seems a bit risky on behalf of the Sup. because if his guy fails, who is to blame? I am becoming more and more excited about Rowe but am just curious who else was coming after this job? Was Grady Rowe from Troy ISD really the best man for the job? I guess I have to back the School Board and Sup. decision and say yes. Only time will tell, good luck next year Coach Rowe, GO BRAHMAS!

Ernest T Bass
02-16-2011, 01:25 PM
I would have to disagree, I feel a successful 4A or 5A OC or DC would be just as impressive on paper. Unless the 2A or lower level coach has a State Championship or 2. Just an opinion, everybody has one. I would think how a person interviews would also be important, not just on paper. Bottom line he better win because that is expected in Bellville, Good luck to both. Great school with great tradition.

Im speaking from experience. HC experience goes a TON farther than success as an assistant when trying to get a HC job. Every coach knows that the key to having a career as a HC is getting that first gig. That alone opens up numerous doors.

hookandladder
02-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Im speaking from experience. HC experience goes a TON farther than success as an assistant when trying to get a HC job. Every coach knows that the key to having a career as a HC is getting that first gig. That alone opens up numerous doors.

They may be the case but was not in the LG job, there were lower level HC coaches that applied. Guess it just depends who is on the committee, Thankfully we now have a new Super. who is here for the kids. What a hugh difference he has made.

Bull's-eye
02-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Not making fun of anything, just thought it was interesting that Bellville would hire from a lower class level. You are right, no one knew much about our hire however being an OC or DC at a 4A or 5A with an impressive resume won out over HC's in the lower ranks with our committee.

I heard Bellville was looking for a coach with AD experience, that would leave out most of those 4A & 5A coordinators. I believe this hire was more than just finding a good football coach, Bellville wanted someone that would benefit all their sports.

I like the idea of hiring an up & coming successful 2A head coach. He is hungry & has also shown that he can handle all the duties of a head coach. Sometimes those coordinators don't always make the best head coaches. They are usually very good on one side of the ball, but you never know if they possess the skills to manage the entire team.

Ernest T Bass
02-16-2011, 01:49 PM
They may be the case but was not in the LG job, there were lower level HC coaches that applied. Guess it just depends who is on the committee, Thankfully we now have a new Super. who is here for the kids. What a hugh difference he has made.

Like I said, that's the 2nd more important aspect of getting the gig.

hookandladder
02-16-2011, 02:38 PM
I heard Bellville was looking for a coach with AD experience, that would leave out most of those 4A & 5A coordinators. I believe this hire was more than just finding a good football coach, Bellville wanted someone that would benefit all their sports.

I like the idea of hiring an up & coming successful 2A head coach. He is hungry & has also shown that he can handle all the duties of a head coach. Sometimes those coordinators don't always make the best head coaches. They are usually very good on one side of the ball, but you never know if they possess the skills to manage the entire team.

Very true, well said. Those AD/HC's are very hard to find.

Bull's-eye
02-16-2011, 02:38 PM
I like to point out that Rowe served 8 seasons as a defensive coordinator, 4 of those years at 5A Aldine Nimitz.

redball
02-16-2011, 03:45 PM
I am sure the Troy coach is a great coach. In my opinion they let a great one get away. Coach Mobley was one of the top 3 for the job. He has never been a head coach, but he is a hell of a coach. Has won 2 state championships as a DC. He is currently the assistant head coach at 5A Seguin ISD. He would have been great! Good luck to the one they hired though.

Red&White_9x5
02-16-2011, 03:51 PM
So who was the third choice/ candidate?

Torch Bearer
02-16-2011, 07:43 PM
guy from lamesa or lampasas or lam...?

jrhernandez7
02-16-2011, 08:10 PM
wow great hire for y'all guys out there in bellville. I had the honor of playing for him for two years here in smithville, the guy is passionate, very vocal, and is a great fit. I was hoping he could come back to smithville sometime in the future. He is going to bring a great staff with him as well. More than likely he is bringing coach Mchoughly sp. with him to, and he can flat out find ways to score and teach the kids. When he was in the birchum staff both of them where major reasons why smithville made the playoffs in 98, and where very competitive throughout the late 90's. Baseball if i was bellville would hope he would get a outside hire, bc i was not impressed with his methods in that sport. but don't take that away from his coaching skills in football. I know bellville is a win now program so i hope he finds success fast.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
. Baseball if i was bellville would hope he would get a outside hire, bc i was not impressed with his methods in that sport.

We dont need a Baseball coach, we already have one of the best baseball coaches in the state! Cerny has been here a long time and I hope he stays here at least 50 more years!

jrhernandez7
02-16-2011, 09:32 PM
We dont need a Baseball coach, we already have one of the best baseball coaches in the state! Cerny has been here a long time and I hope he stays here at least 50 more years!

Ohh realy well, where would you compare him to coach furgeson who took lg to the state a couple times??? I played baseball in bellvilles district for 4 years and never knew yalls coaches name. But i graduated in 04 so he may have got there after that. Not saying he is not good, just never heard of him lol.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Ohh realy well, where would you compare him to coach furgeson who took lg to the state a couple times??? I played baseball in bellvilles district for 4 years and never knew yalls coaches name. But i graduated in 04 so he may have got there after that. Not saying he is not good, just never heard of him lol.

I think I will let someone from lg answer that one, Hook?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-16-2011, 10:18 PM
I am sure Bellville will be fine as long as they keep their Baseball coach, great asset to football as well.

Brahma84
02-16-2011, 10:49 PM

This is Cerny's 22nd year as Bellville's baseball coach.

hookandladder
02-17-2011, 07:24 AM
I think I will let someone from lg answer that one, Hook?

If you do not know Coach Cerny, then you are not very familiar with baseball in our area. Would bet he is pretty safe, unless he wants to leave. Not taking anything away from our LG coach when we won state but he did have a future Pro pitcher on the bump and a lot of talent around him, Cerny does more with less talent year in and year out. Not saying there is no talent in Bellville , just saying he can do more with less.

OLE'BULL
02-17-2011, 09:16 AM
If you do not know Coach Cerny, then you are not very familiar with baseball in our area. Would bet he is pretty safe, unless he wants to leave. Not taking anything away from our LG coach when we won state but he did have a future Pro pitcher on the bump and a lot of talent around him, Cerny does more with less talent year in and year out. Not saying there is no talent in Bellville , just saying he can do more with less.

+1, played 4 years for the man and he was one of the best. A class act who always treated his players with respect...

XMan
02-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Hell, in '93 Cerny had the best player in the history of high school baseball. I think his name was Rocket or something like that.

duckhunter
02-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Hell, in '93 Cerny had the best player in the history of high school baseball. I think his name was Rocket or something like that. Christopher Nolan. 93' 3a state player of the year. What an athlete

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Anyone go to the meet and greet tonight? If so what do you think about the new AD?

OLE'BULL
02-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Anyone go to the meet and greet tonight? If so what do you think about the new AD?

I went early to catch him before the crowd. Great great guy. Very respectful and seems to be very genuine. He's ready to hit the ground running and make an immediate impact. Maybe I am letting my guard down too easily but I am sold on this hire. It was a surprise when I first heard but I think Coker hit this nail on the head. Well done

dog40
02-18-2011, 11:58 AM
I went early to catch him before the crowd. Great great guy. Very respectful and seems to be very genuine. He's ready to hit the ground running and make an immediate impact. Maybe I am letting my guard down too easily but I am sold on this hire. It was a surprise when I first heard but I think Coker hit this nail on the head. Well done

Was Rancher there to greet him?

XMan
02-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Rancher was at Crossroads eating fish and drinking beer and telling everyone how it should be.

zebrablue2
02-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Rancher was at Crossroads eating fish and drinking beer and telling everyone how it should be.

LOL!

Manso/V8
02-19-2011, 12:22 AM
The football boys met with Coach Grady today and from what I hear it went really well. The kids are pumped and ready to get behind the new coach.

Manso/V8
02-19-2011, 12:23 AM
I meant Coach Rowe!

BrahmaMom
02-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Sounds like Rowe might be a keeper. Best of luck to Coach Foster as he reunites with Coach Chancellor--hope they rock Rockport! And the Pasture is restored to its former stature in 3A football! Go Brahmas!!

OLE'BULL
02-22-2011, 10:40 AM
So has anyone heard any other applicants? Or know where you can find the list?