PDA

View Full Version : Half time show

bp80884
02-06-2011, 08:18 PM
I woud rather his Christina Agulara screw up the national anthem up again then list to the Black Eyed Peas play this song.

Thank the 3ADL for Slash!

orange machine
02-06-2011, 08:24 PM
They all sound bad what is the deal.

Tx Challenge
02-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Worst ever

orange machine
02-06-2011, 08:26 PM
The actual show isnt bad, but the voices sound way off.

coach
02-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Worst ever

not that would be Prince

Emerson1
02-06-2011, 08:29 PM
That was a lot better then the old washed up bands they usually have. At least people are still awake.

eagles_victory
02-06-2011, 08:30 PM
A lot better than most years. Not a big Black Eyed Peas fan but at least it was a show and not some old person 30 years past their prime decomposing on stage.

Emerson1
Originally posted by orange machine
The actual show isnt bad, but the voices sound way off.
They are auto-tuned. Some parts are supposed to have an electronic sound LOL

scrub c
I enjoyed it for a change...

way better than the LAME-O past few super bowls...

Txbroadcaster
02-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Problem was mic levels..when they auto-tune they have to raise the mic volume and then when they stop it, the mic levels were to high compared to the music...then Usher's mic was skipping real bad.

gatordaze
02-06-2011, 09:09 PM
She sounded better as Axl Rose than as Fergie!

bigwood33
02-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Give me some Springteen. The Boss can still rock it! I would also be alright with Lenny Kravitz.

Z-RO
02-06-2011, 09:13 PM
The best part of it all was when Slash played, besides that it contained major suckage.

PPHSfan
02-06-2011, 09:18 PM
This is FRIGGIN TEXAS. Should have been ZZ Top, Steve Miller, George Strait, Willie Nelson, or Somebody representing. I'm very disappointed.

eagles_victory
02-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Location has nothing to do with who they let play.

PPHSfan
02-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Location has nothing to do with who they let play.

Tell that to Jerry

eagles_victory
02-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Tell that to Jerry I don't know Jerry doubt he'd talk my call

Emerson1
02-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Tell that to Jerry
Jerry let George Strait open the stadium. So I doubt he has something against him playing.

LOL

PPHSfan
02-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Jerry let George Strait open the stadium. So I doubt he has something against him playing.

LOL

I don't see where I said he did.

Matthew328
02-07-2011, 07:40 AM
I would have been OK with some Texas rappers..LOL
I thought it was better than a lot of the recent shows...

Farmersfan
02-07-2011, 09:47 AM
I thought they should have scheduled some Texas flavor for the half-time show. I enjoy the Blackeyed Peas some but didn't think they were appropriate for the Dallas Superbowl halftime show. I would bet 75% of the target demographic for the Superbowl had never even heard of the Blackeyed Peas............

BILLYFRED0000
02-07-2011, 12:14 PM
compared to the past few superbowls (anybody remember the clothing malfunction) this one was great. Lots of show with a little trouble with the sound system. Overall a solid B instead of the D's and F's they have had.

Trashman
02-07-2011, 12:25 PM
this half time show blew chunks.............:dispntd: :dispntd:

crzyjournalist03
02-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Best halftime show in years.

Live concert audio is hard to broadcast on TV, especially when they're in stadiums. There's people every single year who complain that the performance was terrible and had bad audio.

I was just thrilled to see something at least with a bit of ingenuity and different than the same old geriatric performances we've seen over the last several years.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Completely blew and showed just how overrated, used and acknowledge part of the entertainment world know as musical acts are these days!!

Emerson1
02-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Best halftime show in years.

Live concert audio is hard to broadcast on TV, especially when they're in stadiums. There's people every single year who complain that the performance was terrible and had bad audio.

I was just thrilled to see something at least with a bit of ingenuity and different than the same old geriatric performances we've seen over the last several years.
This.

You also have to remember it could have been the greatest audio produced ever and people would still say it sucked because it wasn't a band that was big in the 70s and because it was a rap group/black people.

Saggy Aggie
02-07-2011, 01:58 PM
black eyes peas just suck in general.

rojosgirl
02-07-2011, 01:58 PM
I thought the show was fine, but ZZ Top would have been good! Too many complainers -- don't watch if you don't like it!

rojosgirl
02-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Oh, BTW, Jerry Jones sux!

DavidWooderson
02-07-2011, 02:06 PM
I still can't figure out why everyone is blaming Jerry. I know he takes part of the blame for wanting more seats, etc....but this was the NFL's gig. They took over the stadium after the Cotton Bowl and it was their problem. The seats, security, musical acts, pre-game, halftime, etc etc etc. It was all the NFL.

As for Half-time itself. I didn't think it was that bad. Could it have been better? Yes. But the old rock bands they've brought out of the nursing homes the last few years haven't been that great either. The Who, McCartney, Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, Bruce...they've all stunk.

The NFL was trying to get back into the "Cool" zone. BUT they had to pick a group that was "Safe" for Network TV. Black Eyed Peas are just about as safe main stream pop as you could get. It could have been worse. Could have been Lady Gagme, Justin "I can't tell if it's a boy or girl" Bieber, or the cast of Glee.

Farmersfan
02-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
I still can't figure out why everyone is blaming Jerry. I know he takes part of the blame for wanting more seats, etc....but this was the NFL's gig. They took over the stadium after the Cotton Bowl and it was their problem. The seats, security, musical acts, pre-game, halftime, etc etc etc. It was all the NFL.

As for Half-time itself. I didn't think it was that bad. Could it have been better? Yes. But the old rock bands they've brought out of the nursing homes the last few years haven't been that great either. The Who, McCartney, Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, Bruce...they've all stunk.

The NFL was trying to get back into the "Cool" zone. BUT they had to pick a group that was "Safe" for Network TV. Black Eyed Peas are just about as safe main stream pop as you could get. It could have been worse. Could have been Lady Gagme, Justin "I can't tell if it's a boy or girl" Bieber, or the cast of Glee.

Springsteen, Petty and the Stones are better on their worst day than the Black Eyed Peas are on their best day!!!!! The only reason I watched was to get a look at Fergie and she didn't even wear anything sexy. I sure wanted to see what all the hoopla was about her "Humps"!!

LIONS#1
02-07-2011, 02:22 PM
First you have that bleach blond trying to make it all about her...plus screwing up the song not to mention the words...!!! LOL The best part of the half time show was when it was OVER!!:nerd: Boy George would have been better that the pea brains!! LMAO even the commercials sucked...the new generation we have now has no originality always stealing from the past!!! SAD!! The game was the best part...Buck and Aikman are the best one two punch covering Football games...so thumbs up on The Game!!

UPanIN
02-07-2011, 02:24 PM
I knew nothing of the group other than I had heard their name a time or two. Thought I'd watch and see something good.

WRONG!!!

They were bad bad bad and I don'r mean that in a good way.

Emerson1
02-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I thought they should have scheduled some Texas flavor for the half-time show. I enjoy the Blackeyed Peas some but didn't think they were appropriate for the Dallas Superbowl halftime show. I would bet 75% of the target demographic for the Superbowl had never even heard of the Blackeyed Peas............
LOL

I don't think their target demographic are crotchety old people who hate any music made after 1980.

Pick6
02-07-2011, 03:03 PM
LOL

I don't think their target demographic are crotchety old people who hate any music made after 1980.

I really think their target demographic is towards people that like horrible music, regardless of age.

Farmersfan
02-07-2011, 03:27 PM
LOL

"Crotchety"? What the heck is that? I think most people who grew up before the 1980's have a pretty good idea of what great music is about. Most people in my peer group listen to a lot of newer music as well as older greats. Both my sons use to laugh and make fun of my "OLDIES" music when they were young and dumb but now they both listen to a lot of it themselves. What you call age, we call experience! You would do well to not discount that experience....

Crotchety is what makes this world go round sonny! :D :D

bigwood33
02-07-2011, 03:29 PM
"Crotchety"? What the heck is that? I think most people who grew up before the 1980's have a pretty good idea of what great music is about. Most people in my peer group listen to a lot of newer music as well as older greats. Both my sons use to laugh and make fun of my "OLDIES" music when they were young and dumb but now they both listen to a lot of it themselves. What you call age, we call experience! You would do well to not discount that experience....

Crotchety is what makes this world go round sonny! :D :D
I'm with you FF. They (we) are also the ones with the cash. They (we) are exactly the demographic that the NFL wants to cater to, employed with disposable income. Don't kid yourself "kid".

Saggy Aggie
02-07-2011, 03:34 PM
lol @ old people getting mad

Maroon87
02-07-2011, 03:35 PM
I took advantage of the longer halftime to squeeze in a nap.;)

cotulla
02-07-2011, 03:38 PM
all i know is that Tom Landry is pissed off!

Farmersfan
02-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
lol @ old people getting mad

LOL @ young people using the term LOL!!!!! :D :D

Emerson1
02-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I'm with you FF. They (we) are also the ones with the cash. They (we) are exactly the demographic that the NFL wants to cater to, employed with disposable income. Don't kid yourself "kid".
Considering the league is driven by ads that market cheap beer, I think the college kid might be part of their target.

Farmersfan
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Considering the league is driven by ads that market cheap beer, I think the college kid might be part of their target.

And crotchety old men don't drink cheap beer? Especially if they are paying for kids in college!!!!

DDBooger
02-07-2011, 04:27 PM
And crotchety old men don't drink cheap beer? Especially if they are paying for kids in college!!!! They also market a lot of ED pills, so perhaps you have a point! lol

FmrPirate14
02-07-2011, 04:31 PM
..The show was decent. I'll tell you what though Slash in the Superbowl, haha I bet Axel Rose was furious!

Cam
02-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Black Eyed Peas....well, I don't like eating black eyed peas, and I guess I found out I don't like the "band" or "group" or whatever. There were alot of pretty lights though! That Indian looking Pea dude looked out of place. Does he really sing? I try real hard to find some musicianship in some of these new bands. But, as usual, I'm disappointed....guess I am gettin' old. (like the Emerson dude saids) By the way Emerson, is that some sort of Mexican dish? Kinda looks like something my dog threw up....Anyway, even my 11 year old didn't like the performance. Then again, he likes country music the most.
I have found some bands lately that impressed the heck out of me. Like the Finnish band "Nightwish". Holy crap, this band has real & talented musicians that combine metal with symphonic rock, and top it off with a lead singer gal who is trained in opera. (and I hate opera!) What a strange combination but it works for me. Their music is complex and well thought out. Entertaining as hell. Soon, none of it will matter as I'll probably go deaf.....:D