PDA

View Full Version : People not allowed to sit during Super Bowl

Be_Advised
02-06-2011, 07:46 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Super-Bowl-ticket-holders-may-not-have-a-seat-at?urn=nfl-317553&print=1

Phil C
02-07-2011, 12:33 AM
What a flop Dallas and Jerry made at hosting the Super Bowl. Look for them to not get a second chance for at least ten years if not more.

Be_Advised
02-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
What a flop Dallas and Jerry made at hosting the Super Bowl. Look for them to not get a second chance for at least ten years if not more.

totally agree with you

Txbroadcaster
02-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Dont blame Jerry..the NFL takes over the stadium for the month of the SB..they have final say on everything.

Farmersfan
02-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Jerry screwed the pouch on the Cowboy's season so it makes sense he would do the same with the Superbowl. I almost got sick to my stomach watching the interviews with Jerry and how he acted like he (and the Cowboys) was the greatest thing since sliced bread. With the season his team turned in this year Jerry should have been absent and let others have the glory. I hate to think that Jerry might have come out of this thing feeling like a winner!

Txbroadcaster
02-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Jerry screwed the pouch on the Cowboy's season so it makes sense he would do the same with the Superbowl. I almost got sick to my stomach watching the interviews with Jerry and how he acted like he (and the Cowboys) was the greatest thing since sliced bread. With the season his team turned in this year Jerry should have been absent and let others have the glory. I hate to think that Jerry might have come out of this thing feeling like a winner!

so how did Jerry screw the pooch as u said with the SB? NFL comes in 30 days before and takes over ALL functions of the stadium and basically becomes owners of the stadium for the month

Emerson1
02-07-2011, 10:09 AM
TX you need to remember FF never had a clue about what is going on.

Bullaholic
02-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

But did you get Romo's autograph, Farmer?????? :D

Farmersfan
02-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
so how did Jerry screw the pooch as u said with the SB? NFL comes in 30 days before and takes over ALL functions of the stadium and basically becomes owners of the stadium for the month

OK! Maybe I am venting some against Jerry for his constant appearances yesterday. I just hate to see Jerry appearing successful after the Cowboy's horrid season. Sorry!

crzyjournalist03
02-07-2011, 12:30 PM
They're all getting free tickets to next year's Super Bowl, were allowed on the field during the postgame ceremony, and all received free merchandise and food.

slingshot
02-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
They're all getting free tickets to next year's Super Bowl, were allowed on the field during the postgame ceremony, and all received free merchandise and food. "They" who?

Macarthur
02-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Jerry's appearances? Jerry has laid very low recently.

I think the vitriol sent Jerry's way on this is unfounded.

As someone said, the NFL takes over this show. Jerry did request that they attempt to set the attendance record, but the NFL has the final say. They could have very easily said no. JJ is far from perfect, but those that love to hammer him are simply grandstanding on this one.

Emerson1
02-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
They're all getting free tickets to next year's Super Bowl, were allowed on the field during the postgame ceremony, and all received free merchandise and food.
They were all allowed into the stadium as well. The NFL holds back like 1,000 tickets so most of them got seats and the other got to stand in a spot that was a lot better then where they would have been.

A lady that works at the stadium said the NFL knew of the problem at 5:30 in the morning.

crzyjournalist03
02-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
"They" who? http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6098112

Third
02-07-2011, 07:09 PM
A lady who won tickets from SA was just on the radio show that gave her the tickets and said she hasn't gotten squat from the NFL, much less heard from them.

Emerson1
02-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Third
A lady who won tickets from SA was just on the radio show that gave her the tickets and said she hasn't gotten squat from the NFL, much less heard from them.
Uhm she sounds like a moron.

The NFL has no idea who has the tickets now. She probably needs to call the league and say hey I have these tickets and got screwed. If they contact people, they will contact the purchaser, not the random person whose number they don't have.

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Third

For some reason the local Fox affilliate airs the SA news here.

I just watched their interview with that woman and she has really emotional. She said the
letter instructed her to send her ticket in and get an $800 dollar refund (free ticket) and she
started balling and says basically she wanted to keep the ticket as a memento. :doh: