PDA

View Full Version : TAPPS article

NastySlot
02-05-2011, 09:13 PM
this should be interesting.....

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/education/article/TAPPS-again-says-no-to-Muslims-997932.php

Rabid Cougar
02-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Try joining an Islamic organization being Christian.

orange machine
02-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Let me ask this question, should a kid from another faith other than Christianity be allowed to attend a Private Christian school? I ask this because a Christian school here in my area has some Muslims that there faith is Islam that attend this so called Christian school now I gave a problem with this. If you are a Muslim fine, but if your going to attend a Christian school you better have put your faith in Christ and be a Christian!!!!!

TexMike
02-06-2011, 07:40 AM
At first it seemed pretty clear cut, if you want to be in a Christian organization, they have the right to insist you be Christian. But TAPPS is not "Christian". They allow Jewish and non-secular schools in. That being said, TAPPS is not government run or funded so they should have the right to let in whom they wish and leave out whom they wish. Now that they have been denied entry to TAPPS, the Islamic school should ask to join UIL.

Rabid Cougar
02-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Why would a good Muslim want to interact with Christians or non-believers? The Koran specifically prohibits it.

big daddy russ
02-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Let me ask this question, should a kid from another faith other than Christianity be allowed to attend a Private Christian school? I ask this because a Christian school here in my area has some Muslims that there faith is Islam that attend this so called Christian school now I gave a problem with this. If you are a Muslim fine, but if your going to attend a Christian school you better have put your faith in Christ and be a Christian!!!!!
Yeah. There are tons of Muslims, Jews, etc that attend my brother-in-law's private school. I don't think Christian education should be limited to Christians.

big daddy russ
02-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Yeah. There are tons of Muslims, Jews, etc that attend my brother-in-law's private school. I don't think Christian education should be limited to Christians.
FYI: He attends Strake Jesuit College Preparatory in Houston.

Rocket
02-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Edd Burleson is a very close friend of mine and I know the basis of this decision. All he wants is these Muslim schools to answer questions about their beliefs. These same questions you guys are raising. They don't want to answer them. Simple as that...

Txbroadcaster
02-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Edd Burleson is a very close friend of mine and I know the basis of this decision. All he wants is these Muslim schools to answer questions about their beliefs. These same questions you guys are raising. They don't want to answer them. Simple as that...

I guess the question is..should they have to answer questions about their beliefs?

TexMike
02-07-2011, 05:59 AM
Yes they should. This is a private organization who can choose to affiliate with whomever they wish. If it takes asking certain questions to determine if a potential member is someone tehy want to let in, then so be it