PDA

View Full Version : Texas Sportswriters Assoc. All-State Teams

rolldawgs
02-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Congratulations to everyone who made the Texas Sportswriters All-State lists!!
What an accomplishment, to be picked for any of the teams!

Being a Carthage fan, I'd like to specifically mention the Dawgs.

Not only were they First Team All-State, but...
Carthage QB Anthony Morgan was named Offensive Player of the Year.
Carthage LB Kendall Thompson was named Defensive Player of the Year.

Dickey Meeks, Henderson and Scott Surratt, Carthage share Coach of the Year honors

Other Dawgs receiving First Team All-State:
OG Chad Kelly
WR Jalen Claiborne
RB Hunter Holland
DL Lovis Hall
DB Courtlyn Ware

pirate4state
02-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Do you have a link to the full team listing?

Yoe_09
02-03-2011, 01:25 PM
LINK (http://www.txswa.org/)

rolldawgs
02-03-2011, 01:26 PM
http://www.txswa.org/allstate-football10.php

Yoe_09
02-03-2011, 01:30 PM
In 2A you had...

Offense: Tyler Boyd: Daingerfield
Defense: Steve Edmond: Daingerfield

Totals

Cameron Yoe: 9
Daingerfield: 7

BEAST
02-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Ok, Im not trying to hurt anyones feelings here but I just have to ask this question. This all state team seems very heavily leaned to East Texas. Caden Ellis from Brownwood was the AP defensive player of the year and he doesnt even make this team? Also, I know the kid is Lulus nephew and I mean no disrespect, but how did he get the #2 Qb slot and not Graylon Brown? Ill give Morgan from Carthage a pass cuz he put a ring on his finger but Graylon went from AP #1 Qb to 3rd team? He had close 5000 yards and close to 60 TDs. Just curious.

BEAST

BaseballUmp
02-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Ok, Im not trying to hurt anyones feelings here but I just have to ask this question. This all state team seems very heavily leaned to East Texas. Caden Ellis from Brownwood was the AP defensive player of the year and he doesnt even make this team? Also, I know the kid is Lulus nephew and I mean no disrespect, but how did he get the #2 Qb slot and not Graylon Brown? Ill give Morgan from Carthage a pass cuz he put a ring on his finger but Graylon went from AP #1 Qb to 3rd team? He had close 5000 yards and close to 60 TDs. Just curious.

BEAST

TSWA Directory (http://www.txswa.org/directory.php)

RoyceTTU
02-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp

:thinking: That's interesting, without graphing everyname and quickly scrolling through, it is definitly an East/North Texas Bias

-edit....after looking again, maybe a East/South bias

BEAST
02-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp

Now I see why it is tilted Eastward.

BEAST

coach
02-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
:thinking: That's interesting, without graphing everyname and quickly scrolling through, it is definitly an East/North Texas Bias

-edit....after looking again, maybe a East/South bias

East Texas>West Texas

RoyceTTU
02-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by coach
East Texas>West Texas

In strip joints and **** houses :D

db1980
02-03-2011, 02:42 PM

BEAST

I don't think you are hurting any feelings, but I feel this list is better served than the AP that was posted. Yes Brownwood had an incredible team, but to have had 7 or 8 Brownwood players on the first team and only 1-2 players from the team that booted you from the playoffs on there is funny. However the AP was selected strictly on the Regular season and stats. I feel the All STate selections should have come from the playoffs.

BEAST
02-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by db1980
I don't think you are hurting any feelings, but I feel this list is better served than the AP that was posted. Yes Brownwood had an incredible team, but to have had 7 or 8 Brownwood players on the first team and only 1-2 players from the team that booted you from the playoffs on there is funny. However the AP was selected strictly on the Regular season and stats. I feel the All STate selections should have come from the playoffs.

I agree with you on that. Ill bet you nobody outscored us in the playoffs either. Ill also be willing to bet you not a single Qb had better numbers in the playoffs than Graylon did.

BEAST

LoboesWT
02-03-2011, 02:59 PM
I agree with you on that. Ill bet you nobody outscored us in the playoffs either. Ill also be willing to bet you not a single Qb had better numbers in the playoffs than Graylon did.

BEAST

Carthage Did:D

BEAST
02-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
Carthage Did:D

I mean total points scored in the entire playoffs.

BEAST

poisoned10
02-03-2011, 03:26 PM
I mean total points scored in the entire playoffs.

BEAST

And what did that get you?

db1980
02-03-2011, 03:28 PM

BEAST

That's why I said this list was more accurate than the AP. From 1st team to HM you could've flipped a coin on most of them and the list would've looked right.

I broke this down just for grins. I broke the state down into 7 regions:West, Panhandle, North, Central, South, North East and SouthEast. I broke the East up into SE and NE because If there had been a true east TExas and NE and SE the east texas wouldn't have had but a few votes. The NE and SE would still have larger amout of the voters.

West had 7 voters, Panhandle had 3, North had 14, Central 16, South 17, NE 18 (mostly in Tyler, Longview and Texarkana), SE had 32 voter (mainly Houston and suburbs).

db1980
02-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
And what did that get you?

Okay the Brownwood faithful have endured enough criticism. They now know that it not only takes scoring points in the playoffs, but also stopping another team from scoring as well.:D

BTW, where is my buddy Rocket these days?

BEAST
02-03-2011, 03:35 PM
To all you meatheads.......

I wasnt saying that scoring and so on meant anything in regards to wins and losses. We are talking about an all state team. Stats are what gets a player in or out. Get over yourselves. Good lord.

BEAST

db1980
02-03-2011, 03:39 PM

I wasnt saying that scoring and so on meant anything in regards to wins and losses. We are talking about an all state team. Stats are what gets a player in or out. Get over yourselves. Good lord.

BEAST

Just a little teasing there, meathead.

poisoned10
02-03-2011, 03:41 PM

BEAST

Get over yourself and stop crying every time someone sends a joke Brownwood's way.

MEATHEAD! :D :D :D

BEAST
02-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Yall are all a bunch of east Texas MEATHEADS!!!!!!!!

:D

BEAST

poisoned10
02-03-2011, 03:52 PM

BEAST

Atleast we are faster!

db1980
02-03-2011, 03:55 PM

BEAST

And you are a slow meathead.

If I ever come through Brownwood I'll stop in and let you buy me lunch, but Rocket can't eat with us.

BEAST
02-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Atleast we are faster!

LOL!:clap: :clap: :clap:

You know in the Brownwood/Carthage game, the speed was really pretty much the same on both teams. I can say that because since Brownwood is in the dead center of the state, we are neither E,W,N, or S. So, I suppose we are fast too. Most of the teams we play, are west of us.

BEAST

BEAST
02-03-2011, 03:57 PM
And you are a slow meathead.

If I ever come through Brownwood I'll stop in and let you buy me lunch, but Rocket can't eat with us.

Easy enough. He lives in Hobbs. Thats way west of here. Therefore we would have to wait forever for him to eat with us, being west of us and all.

BEAST

db1980
02-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Easy enough. He lives in Hobbs. Thats way west of here. Therefore we would have to wait forever for him to eat with us, being west of us and all.

BEAST

He still won't talk to me.

db1980
02-03-2011, 03:59 PM

You know in the Brownwood/Carthage game, the speed was really pretty much the same on both teams. I can say that because since Brownwood is in the dead center of the state, we are neither E,W,N, or S. So, I suppose we are fast too. Most of the teams we play, are west of us.

BEAST

If you were at that game, were you the one ringing the little bell or the one yelling Brown-Wood?

bobcat1
02-03-2011, 04:01 PM
He still won't talk to me. He don't like you.:taunt: :taunt:

bobcat1
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
If you were at that game, were you the one ringing the little bell or the one yelling Brown-Wood? He would be cusser and screamer. :p

bobcat1
02-03-2011, 04:03 PM

BEAST I had to read that twice. I thought you said MethHeads

poisoned10

BEAST

You have a false sense of speed, since you play people ever farther west than yourselves.

Even turtles can claim they are faster than snails.

db1980
Originally posted by bobcat1
He don't like you.:taunt: :taunt:

Were you at the game? on Carthage's side?

poisoned10
02-03-2011, 04:05 PM
I had to read that twice. I thought you said MethHeads

That would probably be a more accurate description of the majority of ET.

bobcat1
02-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Were you at the game? on Carthage's side? Nope on Brownwoods side right under the pressbox.

db1980
02-03-2011, 04:06 PM
He would be cusser and screamer. :p

Well there were only 7000 of them ringing bells and chanting brown-wood.

db1980
02-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Nope on Brownwoods side right under the pressbox.

There was another Celina fellow on the Carthage side. Just tryiing to figure out who he is.

BEAST
02-03-2011, 04:08 PM
If you were at that game, were you the one ringing the little bell or the one yelling Brown-Wood?

I was at the game. I do not ring a bell. Brown-Wood is a battle cry around here. Everyone does it.

BEAST

db1980
02-03-2011, 04:10 PM
I was at the game. I do not ring a bell. Brown-Wood is a battle cry around here. Everyone does it.

BEAST

Everyone does it.

YOu ain't fibbing.

bobcat1
02-03-2011, 04:11 PM
There was another Celina fellow on the Carthage side. Just tryiing to figure out who he is. Uh probably Wild Texan or his brother OM. :p

BEAST
02-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Everyone does it.

YOu ain't fibbing.

Is it pretty loud when sitting on the other side?

BEAST

db1980
02-03-2011, 04:13 PM

BEAST

Extremely loud.

bobcat1
02-03-2011, 04:13 PM
I bet it was nearly as loud as it was at Midliothian in 2008 when Celina and Liberty hill met for round 2. Funny we couldn't hear Liberty Hill or LHPM's Cow Bell that day. :taunt: :taunt:

poisoned10
02-03-2011, 04:15 PM

BEAST

VERY!

I'm glad I got to experience it from the opposing side.

The Gilmer vs. Cuero game was one of the loudest I've ever heard Gilmer fans.

I've always wondered what we sounded like on the Cuero side of the field.

BEAST
02-03-2011, 05:23 PM
VERY!

I'm glad I got to experience it from the opposing side.

The Gilmer vs. Cuero game was one of the loudest I've ever heard Gilmer fans.

I've always wondered what we sounded like on the Cuero side of the field.

Ive always wondered what it sounded like from the other side. You can tell it is loud on the home side but you dont get the full sound of it when you are amongst it.

BEAST

cowboyandchrist
02-03-2011, 09:38 PM
You are right about Brownwood scoring more points than the other teams from East Texas, but how would Brownwood stack up against Henderson, Chapel Hill, Gilmer, ect. from East Texas. This was the year just like it has been for the last ten years. To be the best you have to beat the teams from the East. I am satisfied with the All State team. The best teams were from the East this year. Next year they may be from the West, North, or South. I can remember when you never saw a team from the East win a State Championship except Daingerfield. This poll repersented the East, the other poll repersented the West. You tell me how the wide outs, QB, tailback and one of the best if not the best linebacker in the state did not make the first all state team. I do agree the Q/B from Brownwood should of been the second team Q/B. Brownwood would not have scored near as many points against the teams from East Texas this year. Just my two cents worth.

BEAST

cr180t
02-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Ive always wondered what it sounded like from the other side. You can tell it is loud on the home side but you dont get the full sound of it when you are amongst it.

BEAST

Trust me it is loud.

poisoned10
02-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said!

db1980
02-04-2011, 09:53 AM

Well said!

+1

buckeyebob
02-05-2011, 06:56 PM
B'wood had 3 slots on the 1st team...Coldspring had 1.

B'wood had a good run but close don't count. Chill, wait on next year...7 on 7 is just around the corner.

Just remember,

hsbtex
02-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Hey Buckeye Bob...East tx speed may kill in small ball...but not with the big boys! :)

Matthew328
02-07-2011, 09:29 AM
TSWA all-state team if memory serves me correctly is based solely on the results of the playoff games. I could be wrong there, but I seem to remember their voting instructions indicating its based on results of postseason play or at least strongly slanted that way.

hsbtex
02-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Come on Buckeybob! No witty east texas remark?????

buckeyebob
02-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by hsbtex
Hey Buckeye Bob...East tx speed may kill in small ball...but not with the big boys! :)

Really? This past year both State Champs were 30 miles apart & in the same district with all 4 final teams from East Texas (3 were in a 60 mile radius). In 2009, they were 40 miles apart. This year, we will have only three home games and all three opponents are defending State Champs. Big Boys...saddle your pony and make a visit & see how the game is played.

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2011, 08:02 AM

East Texas has only 3 5A schools..yet one was a game from being in the final.

bigwood33
02-08-2011, 08:07 AM
This argument reminds me of the Collin County argument from a few years ago. Things go in cycles.

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
This argument reminds me of the Collin County argument from a few years ago. Things go in cycles.

bingo..and also realignment decides alot as well

Just look at Region 2 in 3A the strength/weakness of that region is decided by where certain teams are aligned..2 years ago a bunch of the great teams in Region 2 were either moved to region 3 or dropped to 2A and it made a strong region into a very weak one

hsbtex
02-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Laughing!! This is good!! :) Maybe I wasn't clear Buckeyebob?? While you may win a few in small ball (3a -1a)...you all can't get out of your own way in 4a and 5a. Just ask your big brother over at Longview what Lake Travis tastes like. You all "saddled up your pony" and met us in Waco twice, and both times after the first quarter...said DAMN...we don't want any more of that! Sooo...you saddled up your pony and rode back to that little place you all call east tx. :)

hsbtex
02-08-2011, 01:04 PM
So maybe east texas speed doesn't kill...it gets killed???

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Laughing!! This is good!! :) Maybe I wasn't clear Buckeyebob?? While you may win a few in small ball (3a -1a)...you all can't get out of your own way in 4a and 5a. Just ask your big brother over at Longview what Lake Travis tastes like. You all "saddled up your pony" and met us in Waco twice, and both times after the first quarter...said DAMN...we don't want any more of that! Sooo...you saddled up your pony and rode back to that little place you all call east tx. :)

LT beat Longview 24-17 in the 2nd game...how is that saying they did not want any more??

and in both games LT was the HEAVY favorite

hsbtex
02-08-2011, 01:41 PM
TXB...you sure do come to the defense of east tx quite often!! And you know darn good and well that the late touchdown by Longview only made that score look respectable! So, at the end of the day...the message is still this...EAST TEXAS CANNOT WIN WITH THE BIG BOYS, AND EAST TX SPEED DOESN'T KILL. Just ask Longview and Lufkin :)

buckeyebob
02-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Well I am a Homer, a 3A Homer...small ball? I will say, I think we are competative and say what you may, East Texas Speed does kill. In 3A & 2A, speed is something that makes teams from elsewhere in TX sit up and take notice. Some from B'wood even admitted that they "are close enough to East Texas to have some of their speed". The teams from elsewhere seem to dread seeing the East Texas Boys heading there way cause they know they will run you in the dirt. Take a look at East Texas:
3A Division I - Everman 25, Sinton 14
3A Division II - Commerce 14, La Grange 11

3A Division I - Everman 35, Burnet 14
3A Division II - Bandera 27, Greenwood 24 - OT(2)

3A Division I - Gainesville 35, Burnet 24
3A Division II - Atlanta 34, Marlin 0

3A Division I - Wylie (Abilene) 17, Cuero 14
3A Division II - Gilmer 49, Jasper 47

3A Division I - Wimberley 21, Gainesville 7
3A Division II - Tatum 38, Hutto 34

3A Division I - Texarkana Liberty-Eylau 35, Robinson 34
3A Division II - Liberty Hill 22, Celina 19

3A Division I - Liberty Hill 38, Gilmer 13
3A Division II - Celina 21, China Spring 14

3A Division I - Prosper 17, La Vega 10
3A Divison II - Carthage 49, Celina 37

3A Division I - Gilmer 43, Abilene Wylie 26
3A Division II - Carthage 13, Graham 12

3A Division I - Henderson 28, Chappel Hill 21
3A Division II - Carthage 47, Coldspring 22

Some would say that Prosper & Celina are East Teaxs. I will let you decide. A lot of East Texas teams listed. We do play different. I have watched a number of teams that are winded and tired that can't keep up.

And for your enjoyment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyqUGFkS2lI&feature=related Even when you tell 'em your coming. Remember,

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2011, 07:41 AM
TXB...you sure do come to the defense of east tx quite often!! And you know darn good and well that the late touchdown by Longview only made that score look respectable! So, at the end of the day...the message is still this...EAST TEXAS CANNOT WIN WITH THE BIG BOYS, AND EAST TX SPEED DOESN'T KILL. Just ask Longview and Lufkin :)

uhh I was born and raised in East Texas so yea I do...and East Texas HAS won "with the big boys" again the difference is 5A and 4A there are less East Texas schools than 3A and below.

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob

Some would say that Prosper & Celina are East Teaxs. I will let you decide. A lot of East Texas teams listed. We do play different. I have watched a number of teams that are winded and tired that can't keep up.

And for your enjoyment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyqUGFkS2lI&feature=related Even when you tell 'em your coming. Remember,

I have never heard Prosper and Celina as being East Texas

hsbtex
02-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Buckeye Bob...I think we are STILL missing the point. I agree that east texas has enjoyed some RECENT success in small ball. But my very first post stated "YOU CANNOT WIN IT WITH THE BIG BOYS". I can assure you that we RELISH seeing you east texas boys heading this way...and enjoy sending you back to east texas with your tails tucked between your legs.

And TXB...how many state championships does east tx own in 4a and 5a...in the last ten years?? Okay, okay...how about last twenty?? :)

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Buckeye Bob...I think we are STILL missing the point. I agree that east texas has enjoyed some RECENT success in small ball. But my very first post stated "YOU CANNOT WIN IT WITH THE BIG BOYS". I can assure you that we RELISH seeing you east texas boys heading this way...and enjoy sending you back to east texas with your tails tucked between your legs.

And TXB...how many state championships does east tx own in 4a and 5a...in the last ten years?? Okay, okay...how about last twenty?? :)

Lets see from 88 State Final apperances for North East Texas 5A/4A

1988 Paris 4A Won
1989 Tyler Chapel Hill 4A Won
1990 Marshall 5A Won
1991 Carthage 4A lost
1994 JT 5A Won
1997 Longview 5A lost
2000 JT 5A lost
2001 Lufkin 5A won
2002 Texas High 4A Won
Tyler Lee 5A won
Kilgore 4A won
Marshall 4A lost
2005 Marshall 4A lost
Longview 4A lost
SS 4A won
2009 Longview 4A Lost

so in 22 years 16 State Title apperances from 4A above..9 State titles..and from 9 DIFFERENT TEAMS not like one team won 5 of them or anything.

In last 10 years 10 state title apperances with 5 wins

And from about 1999 East Texas 5A was down to 4 teams...and now down to 3( longview doing the yo-yo from 5A-4A last two realignments) and East Texas 5A has always been ONE district..not 2 or more like other regions.

In 4A now, East Texas will already be down to 4 teams left after week one because they play each round one and there are only two 4A districts.

So again..East Texas big boys are competitive, just no depth like DFW 5A/4A for example.

buckeyebob
02-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I have never heard Prosper and Celina as being East Texas

"Some say"...I agree with you...that is the reason for not claiming them

buckeyebob
02-10-2011, 06:53 AM

You are missing the point...as Txbroadcaster points out, East Texas has in fact "played with the Big Boys".

We are very rural here...very limited in 5A and not a big number of 4A...3A & below is what we have. Look at it from this perspective...Gilmer 3A, 2009 had 7 Div. 1 boys...2006 had 9 Div. 1 (and lost in round 1 to L.E.). How many Div. 1 local 5A teams had that many?

This is 3A Downlow...don't insult the whole group of us with "small ball" talk. Ask the Carthage & B'wood boys of 2010 about "small ball" or the Gilmer & Cuero boys of 2009. Stroll down the road and ask the Liberty Hill or Burnet boys about "small ball".

BEAST
02-10-2011, 09:29 AM

Try this on for size. Two time defending 4A State Champion Aledo beat Stephenville twice this year. In 1 half of football, we scored more points on Stephenville than Aledo did in 2 games. We also held Stephenvilles offense in check much better than Aledo did.

Yes we lost to Carthage in the Semis. It was a classic game. Either team could have one. Both teams deserved to win. I think both could play with or even could have beaten Aledo this season.

BEAST

hsbtex
02-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Beast, i agree with you. I attended that game and it was a great one! I think Carthage and their coach was admitting you guys had the better team with the amount of trick plays they ran, and i think it is unfortunate you guys lost your number 2 receiver in the first quarter. In a best of five or best of seven, Brownwood would win...but for that night Carthage did. It was one of the best games i have seen in a long time.

And TXB...you keep twisting the question around! :) So, if we include Marshall and Sulphur Springs into the east tx coup...that is SIX state championships in 4A and 5A...in the last twenty years. STAGGERING!

hsbtex
02-12-2011, 08:48 PM
BuckeyeBob may have to change his signature with those kinds of results in 4A and 5A!! :) To me...(laughing!)east tx speed gets hammered with the big boys!

oldtownag
02-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Beast, i agree with you. I attended that game and it was a great one! I think Carthage and their coach was admitting you guys had the better team with the amount of trick plays they ran, and i think it is unfortunate you guys lost your number 2 receiver in the first quarter. In a best of five or best of seven, Brownwood would win...but for that night Carthage did. It was one of the best games i have seen in a long time.

And TXB...you keep twisting the question around! :) So, if we include Marshall and Sulphur Springs into the east tx coup...that is SIX state championships in 4A and 5A...in the last twenty years. STAGGERING!

Hold everything. This is the first time I have heard this excuse. Are you saying that Carthage tricked Brownwood? Poor woodies, they got tricked!

hsbtex
02-12-2011, 09:52 PM
I am saying that in a best of five or a best of seven that Brownwood would win, that they were the better team. That's all....

Txbroadcaster
02-12-2011, 10:01 PM
I am saying that in a best of five or a best of seven that Brownwood would win, that they were the better team. That's all....

funny HS..I showed you that East Texas "Big Boys" have indeed been a factor and you dont comment

Txbroadcaster
02-12-2011, 10:02 PM

Why would MArshall not be included in East Texas??!?!?!?1 It is dead East Texas LOL

Txbroadcaster
02-12-2011, 10:11 PM

u bring up 20 years..in that twenty years East Texas has played in a State title game in 5A and 4A 14 times with SEVEN wins...so again, East Texas to have a limited amount of 5A and 4A teams have represented well in the State finals in 5A and 4A in the last 20 years.

hsbtex
02-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Funny TXB...I have responded to east NOT being competitive MANY times. Winning 7 out of EIGHTY tries...competitive??? TXB...you know better!! That's called getting your a$$ kicked!

hsbtex
02-12-2011, 10:29 PM
and you pm'd me about Marshall...I stand corrected :)

Txbroadcaster
02-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Funny TXB...I have responded to east NOT being competitive MANY times. Winning 7 out of EIGHTY tries...competitive??? TXB...you know better!! That's called getting your a$$ kicked!

When East Texas has THREE teams in 5A and 8 in 4A I will take 14 out of 20 years playing in State finals with 7 wins..not even including the MANY tripes to State semi final and quarter final

buckeyebob
02-13-2011, 06:29 AM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/stop.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Trick Plays? The excuses seem to never cease. If a frog had a tail, ..... Next thing you will be advocating that we don't keep score so no one's feelings will be hurt. Get a grip...it is football, not soccer. It is smash mouth, in your face, put a hurt on your ass, rack up points game...and tricking is legal...how about a fake pass...OOOOO!!...can't do that, it's a trick play. Now you want to play the best out of five...of seven...good grief...you have one and only one chance...then there is next year.

It is all part of the speed & remember,

oldtownag
02-13-2011, 10:34 AM

:fnypost:

Just another example of your superior football knowledge.

P.S. See hardware below. Carthage is 3 for 3!

buckeyebob
02-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
:fnypost:

Just another example of your superior football knowledge.

P.S. See hardware below. Carthage is 3 for 3!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs009.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)